Berkshire

What does it take?

What does it take to be a GM? Do you have to be involved in the development of APB, or is it for volunteers?  🤔

Forums, how do they work?

6GWhwR5.png

• Like 1

I was wandering this as well. I am currently seeing a lot of talk about this "GM" and "How to become a GM" topics. No one is really giving directions nor requirements for this.

I have played APB R for 1200 hours now (which is my most played steam game from over 130 games) and I know the game in and out. I would absolutely love to give new players the directions and learning them the ropes of the game. After all, we all know that APB is a harsh enviroment for those who do not know how to, for example, disable the auto-ready system (remember that was enabled for you in the beginning too? ^^)

Edit: I am not familiar with forum posting of any kind. So please forgive me if I am doing something wrong or anything ^,^

Edited by koenyboy500

4 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

I would absolutely love to give new players the directions and learning them the ropes of the game.

You know you could always do this, you didnt need like a special title or anything, right?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You know you could always do this, you didnt need like a special title or anything, right?

How the balloons am I even supposed to know what a GM is? I just want to help the game as best as I can. I was giving an example.

No need to crack open another ones idea.

Edit: sorry to put it so bluntly. I just read a topic about the ESRB ratings...

Edited by koenyboy500
Clouded mindset, hateful

10 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

How the balloons am I even supposed to know what a GM is?

Just google it fam.

And you wanna help? Spend $.

GG EZ

23 minutes ago, indi said:

Forums, how do they work?

6GWhwR5.png

True, sorry for this threat. I donegoofed

2 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

How the balloons am I even supposed to know what a GM is? I just want to help the game as best as I can. I was giving an example.

No need to crack open another ones idea.

Edit: sorry to put it so bluntly. I just read a topic about the ESRB ratings...

A GM is a Game's Moderator. Google helps with this: https://www.google.com/search?q=What+is+a+GM+in+online+games&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

If you want to help the game, here's a few suggestions, you don't have to be a gm, or even a veteran of the game to help.

1. Help new players get to know the game
  2. Play the game, and learn what more you can. There's always something you might not have known, albeit from map and game sense, to tricks and tips for gunplay.
  3. Be active in the community. You'll learn more about the game, and a lot from others who would know more than you about the game. On top of that, you'll be helping people who just started, or some vets that don't have the same knowledge as you.
  4. Be positive. Unlike a few bad apples in our community, if you are a decent human, and don't try to start fights, or arguments, you'll help improve the community.
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

A GM is a Game's Moderator. Google helps with this: https://www.google.com/search?q=What+is+a+GM+in+online+games&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

If you want to help the game, here's a few suggestions, you don't have to be a gm, or even a veteran of the game to help.

1. Help new players get to know the game
  2. Play the game, and learn what more you can. There's always something you might not have known, albeit from map and game sense, to tricks and tips for gunplay.
  3. Be active in the community. You'll learn more about the game, and a lot from others who would know more than you about the game. On top of that, you'll be helping people who just started, or some vets that don't have the same knowledge as you.
  4. Be positive. Unlike a few bad apples in our community, if you are a decent human, and don't try to start fights, or arguments, you'll help improve the community.

I thought it was game 'master'.

2 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

I thought it was game 'master'.

A gamemaster (GM; also known as game master, game manager, game moderator or referee) is a person who acts as an organizer, officiant for questions regarding rules, arbitrator, and moderator for a multiplayer role-playing game.[1][2] They are more common in co-operative games in which players work together than in competitive games in which players oppose each other. The act performed by a gamemaster is sometimes referred to as "Gamemastering" or simply "GM-ing". --Wikipedia (Also the information google is displaying)

Can be any of those

5 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

A gamemaster (GM; also known as game master, game manager, game moderator or referee) is a person who acts as an organizer, officiant for questions regarding rules, arbitrator, and moderator for a multiplayer role-playing game.[1][2] They are more common in co-operative games in which players work together than in competitive games in which players oppose each other. The act performed by a gamemaster is sometimes referred to as "Gamemastering" or simply "GM-ing". --Wikipedia (Also the information google is displaying)

Can be any of those

How do you get that Signature? 

6 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Can be any of those

Ty.

Allright allright allright. Let's just ease it down for a little.

Look, I just want to help the game make better. You people make some very hard facts against me that I absolutely cannot deny.

I am being told: get out there and do something without a title.  This ofcourse, is very true. (Obviously)

But GM's are there for a reason right? Why would a GM else exist? And why can Jimmy be a GM and Albert not? I really do not see why there is so much opposition against someone who is trying to do his best for the game itself (through the benefit of being a recognised helper).

All I was asking for in a nutshell was: What is a GM (thank you for clarifying that) for APB R specifically and where would I be needed to make our tomorrow better.

But asking is kinda getting out of hand so I am resting my case.

2 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

Look, I just want to help the game make better. You people make some very hard facts against me that I absolutely cannot deny.

I am being told: get out there and do something without a title.  This ofcourse, is very true. (Obviously)

But GM's are there for a reason right? Why would a GM else exist? And why can Jimmy be a GM and Albert not? I really do not see why there is so much opposition against someone who is trying to do his best for the game itself (through the benefit of being a recognised helper).

All I was asking for in a nutshell was: What is a GM (thank you for clarifying that) for APB R specifically and where would I be needed to make our tomorrow better.

The biggest issue with having a member directly from the community  just given a role of 'GM' is that in the past people have used that power for themselves. It's not because of you. It's because of what has happened before you. Most of us don't want a reoccurrence of [insert corrupt GM name here]. So... the best way, imo, is for the volunteer system to be returned, and having a monitored system. I won't go into too much detail as the thread is still on the first page. If you really want to help, then I'd wait until more details about the new GMs and SPCT get publicized.

2 hours ago, APBZombication said:

How do you get that Signature? 

I don't want to get too off topic, but PM and I'll send you a link, with some instructions for it.

7 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

If you want recognition for helping, then your end is not helping others.

Just now, Sergsininia said:

I don't want to get too off topic, but PM and I'll send you a link, with some instructions for it.

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

And why can Jimmy be a GM and Albert not? 

If they dont make Jimmy a GM, this game is doomed. 

1 minute ago, Sergsininia said:

The biggest issue with having a member directly from the community  just given a role of 'GM' is that in the past people have used that power for themselves. It's not because of you. It's because of what has happened before you. Most of us don't want a reoccurrence of [insert corrupt GM name here]. So... the best way, imo, is for the volunteer system to be returned, and having a monitored system. I won't go into too much detail as the thread is still on the first page. If you really want to help, then I'd wait until more details about the new GMs and SPCT get publicized.

Read and understood. I shall be patient and will look into this matter whenever the oppertunity reveals itself. As for now I can return to my helper-duties ^^

I think they are doing a huge mistake to start out with sudden GM volunteers.

I would rather begin with bringing back the SPCM status (which means zero additional powers, simply acting as reference point for other players to ask stuff and get help), and then promote those players who show to be worth it. Getting directly GMs, even if without banning powers, is still a rather rushed and dangerous path that I highly doubt will have a good result.

1 minute ago, Nessie said:

I would rather begin with bringing back the SPCM status (which means zero additional powers, simply acting as reference point for other players to ask stuff and get help), and then promote those players who show to be worth it. Getting directly GMs, even if without banning powers, is still a rather rushed and dangerous path that I highly doubt will have a good result.

EXACTLY! That is what I am aiming for! ^^

4 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Pretty much this

bringing back SPCM is a good idea

making people from the community GM's not so much

The only GM's should be the dev team

people from the inside

like somevody here said GM's from the community will use the powers for thier adventage and exploit thier powers and favour thier "friends" and "clan mates" more the others

For us, GMs will be more or less the same as SPCMs.

Our GMs wont actually have any power.