Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So I finished levelling Teng finally, but the problem is, Mule is in Waterfront and doesn't unlock until I've levelled Orlenz. But another problem there, Waterfront district has been empty for so long that I dont even have Chiza levelled up lol

 

Until we get more players, or Waterfront is fixed (whatever the problem is that's driving players away), can there be some method of levelling contacts from Waterfront while on Financial? Like some basic interface that allows us to pledge them? So far only Bronze Waterfront has any decent amount of players (half-full), but I don't think I'll ever end up dropping from Gold until threat is redone, and Silver Waterfront hasn't filled up in quite some time.

 

Jericho btw. Which we also need to rename back to Joker. 🙂

 

EDIT: I DO NOT MEAN FIGHT CLUB, only mission districts.

Edited by NotTheEnforcer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

boy you think thats bad i got to max rank in Han (RIP) Server my last contact was in waterfront it took me years, literally years max my characters there, btw idk why people hate waterfront

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sundere said:

 idk why people hate waterfront

Right? IMO I like it more than Financial, has better aesthetics and easier to navigate. Heard it had some issues with optimization or framerate, but I mean if you aren't running a true potato PC, you should be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Right? IMO I like it more than Financial, has better aesthetics and easier to navigate. Heard it had some issues with optimization or framerate, but I mean if you aren't running a true potato PC, you should be fine

It's less balanced. That's my main issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sundere said:

boy you think thats bad i got to max rank in Han (RIP) Server my last contact was in waterfront it took me years, literally years max my characters there, btw idk why people hate waterfront

 

1 hour ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Right? IMO I like it more than Financial, has better aesthetics and easier to navigate. Heard it had some issues with optimization or framerate, but I mean if you aren't running a true potato PC, you should be fine

The issue is not the framerate. The issue is that the spawns are so busted that you spawn <100m from whoever you are fighting, and more or less end up dead upon spawn unless you have cover, which you don't have a lot of in waterfront anyway. The map is literally designed for people to abuse the N-HVR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waterfront locations are... more random and not very well-though in some places to point they might affect how missions play out (for example Yacht Bay is such place).

Plus waterfront is more of open space place and (dunno that's my experince tho.) most players prefer more enclosed fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes please let us level waterfront contacts in fight club or something.

 

Or any contact in fight club as an alternative, for the sake of variation.

 

Or put level boosters on Armas so we can skip contacts / levels.

 

Anything, you have to get lucky to level in Waterfront.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Until we get more players, or Waterfront is fixed (whatever the problem is that's driving players away), can there be some method of levelling contacts from Waterfront while on Financial? Like some basic interface that allows us to pledge them?

 

Jericho btw. Which we also need to rename back to Joker. 🙂

i mean, the interface is already made (J button, i think), they just need to allow you to pledge to other-district contacts from it.

 

also, btw, just in case, did you mean "wich we also need to rename agrotech"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i mean, the interface is already made (J button, i think), they just need to allow you to pledge to other-district contacts from it.

 

also, btw, just in case, did you mean "wich we also need to rename agrotech"?

Yeah true, the interface is already built. And no I meant Joker, that was the original name and everyone loved it until it turned to Jericho 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man if you think no one plays waterfront now... Imagine if no one ever HAD to play waterfront. 

 

Might as well delete the district.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, klinical said:

Leveling contacts in fight club would be cool.

Seconded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, klinical said:

Leveling contacts in fight club would be cool.

Hard pass.

Adding FC contacts would be cool though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fortune Runner said:

If Little Orbit can pull off their transitioning ideas without a hitch then this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Phasing will still only match you with people in the same district category... that is if you are in financial, you will be matched against everyone in a financial dist but no one in a waterfront.

Otherwise you'd have no control over which contacts you can grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CookiePuss said:

Phasing will still only match you with people in the same district category... that is if you are in financial, you will be matched against everyone in a financial dist but no one in a waterfront.

Otherwise you'd have no control over which contacts you can grind.

Little Orbit mentioned something about  that too but I can not remember the details.

It gave off the impression that they had it covered too but like I said I can not remember clearly so this needs to be checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i mean, the interface is already made (J button, i think), they just need to allow you to pledge to other-district contacts from it.

giphy.gif

 

Same with JT dailies, I feel bad only coming in to WF to fire off 5 rockets and then leave. I'm not sure what is stopping them from doing this - yeah it'll be the final nail in the coffin for WF but as far as contact levelling is concerned they've really only got 2 options. 

 

1. Entice players to play in WF (adding new contacts or making them x2 XP).

2. Making contacts global across all districts (include FC imo).

 

First option is a stop-gap it'll breathe new life into WF but only for as long as the max ranks will want to level the new content - once they're maxed again we're back to square one. 

Second option is more long term solution especially for new and returning players - sad for WF but what are we really trying to save here - players or an unpopular district?

1 hour ago, klinical said:

Leveling contacts in fight club would be cool.

Yes. FC suffers slightly less but still at the same rate of WF - once players max out weekly JT tasks, players drop off - yeah staying up in the top 10 or whatever for that gold placement is nice but if you don't have the time for that FC become pointless once you hit your own limit.

35 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Adding FC contacts would be cool though.

This seems like unnecessary extra work - having FC exclusive contacts would be nice but we'll just be back to the same problem as above with new contacts in WF - once the majority get their content numbers will drop off. Being able to level up at least something no matter where you are is more of a longer term and helpful solution - plus, and I say this with all the game development and programming experience of a solid looking wrench, it should be easier to add into the game.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
Don't delete WF though ram raiders need a place to go.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

This seems like unnecessary extra work - having FC exclusive contacts would be nice but we'll just be back to the same problem as above with new contacts in WF - once the majority get their content numbers will drop off. Being able to level up at least something no matter where you are is more of a longer term and helpful solution - plus, and I say this with all the game development and programming experience of a solid looking wrench, it should be easier to add into the game.

Good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not against new contacts though - APB needs new contacts and we should have release video and stuff like they do with heroes in other games, and there is plenty of junk still in the game to give away as rewards from them.

 

We just need to think of the players who aren't at that level yet and new players coming in to the game for the first time where those new contacts are so far away they're practically irrelevant. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just a bit sick of it. My friend more so, hasn't had a contact in financial for a while now, the new one he unlocks also happens to be in waterfront. I'm currently levelling up Birth, I know that once I do the next guy will be there too. I just unlocked Gumball. It's O.K. being there but I find I'm there more often and I think the district is really quite bland honestly....it's just boring white everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Xegethra said:

I'm just a bit sick of it. My friend more so, hasn't had a contact in financial for a while now, the new one he unlocks also happens to be in waterfront. I'm currently levelling up Birth, I know that once I do the next guy will be there too. I just unlocked Gumball. It's O.K. being there but I find I'm there more often and I think the district is really quite bland honestly....it's just boring white everywhere.

what server are you on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Citadel, so there's some population. But I just don't like the place. We're not always on when everyone else is, but that's not really the games fault though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...