4 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

who cares if the problem isn't solved. At least it would make it harder for that much more cheaters to come back.

My problem with the current way cheaters are banned is that it is way too easy for them to return. There will always be cheaters but why make it easy for them to return. At least HW ID and IP bans would make it that much more difficult for cheaters come back and ruin players experiences. 

You fail to understand that would do absolutely nothing so let me try to explain.

Both of those can be changed in 5 minutes or less.

IP addresses change regularly unless you pay for a permanent one like corporations do and I have not heard of any average Joe who can afford that pricey internet.

Because of that the only thing this suggestion of yours would do is drain finances from Little Orbit for something that absolutely doesn't even slow them down.

At least you tried but those ideas wont do any good on Little Orbits end at all.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

You fail to understand that would do absolutely nothing so let me try to explain.

Both of those can be changed in 5 minutes or less.

IP addresses change regularly unless you pay for a permanent one like corporations do and I have not heard of any average Joe who can afford that pricey internet.

Because of that the only thing this suggestion of yours would do is drain finances from Little Orbit for something that absolutely doesn't even slow them down.

At least you tried but those ideas wont do any good on Little Orbits end at all.

You are assuming that people know how to change that and they will go out of their way to find out how. Just because you know ( for some weird reason ) how to change ur HW ID/ IP doesn't mean all people do. 

Again, it's not about stopping the problem. It's about making it harder for them. You are saying basically saying, "Let's make it easier for cheaters to come back because I know how to go around those bans easy and it will cost LO too much money." Like that makes no sense dude. 

Just now, LordVegeta said:

You are assuming that people know how to change that and they will go out of their way to find out how. Just because you know ( for some weird reason ) how to change ur HW ID/ IP doesn't mean all people do. 

Again, it's not about stopping the problem. It's about making it harder for them. You are saying basically saying, "Let's make it easier for cheaters to come back because I know how to go around those bans easy and it will cost LO too much money." Like that makes no sense dude. 

Have you heard of google?

And no I did not say that at all.

Be reasonable.

Yeah, I have heard of google. So what? that's not a solid argument for why LO shouldn't make it harder for cheaters to come back. 

You are basically saying that. Don't be so dense. 

55 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

who cares if the problem isn't solved. At least it would make it harder for that much more cheaters to come back.

My problem with the current way cheaters are banned is that it is way too easy for them to return. There will always be cheaters but why make it easy for them to return. At least HW ID and IP bans would make it that much more difficult for cheaters come back and ruin players experiences. 

HWID spoofer comes with the cheat.

To change IP, I just restart my router.

Honestly guys, do you think LO doesn't do these things simply because they don't want to?

• Like 1

HWID takes <10 seconds to spoof, anyone who goes out of their way to pay for cheats or cheat is going to know how to change those files. It's pretty much not relevant at all, a better thing to do would be to continue to aggressively fine tune the anti-cheat and have a bigger in-game presence, along with a more stream lined report system.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

HWID spoofer comes with the cheat.

To change IP, I just restart my router.

Honestly guys, do you think LO doesn't do these things simply because they don't want to?

You are assuming everyone has that cheat, whatever it is. (weird how you know as well). 

Oh good that you know. Everyone must know because you know right?

You are basically saying, "Let's make it easier for cheaters to come back because all cheaters use the same hack and I know how to get around IP bans."

Like that makes no sense dude. 

5 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Yeah, I have heard of google. So what? that's not a solid argument for why LO shouldn't make it harder for cheaters to come back. 

You are basically saying that. Don't be so dense. 

No you are just trying to justify yourself.

I never once said that at all but I did say how I'm happy we have BattleEye.

If you can't accept the truth at least don't flat out lie about people to justify yourself.

I do not believe you have any true knowledge about computers  ,or how to combat  cheaters , and techniques used at all.

Edited by Fortune Runner

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

No you are just trying to justify yourself.

I never once said that at all but I did say how I'm happy we have BattleEye.

If you can't accept the truth at least done flat out lie about people to justify yourself.

I do not believe you have any true knowledge about computers  ,or how to combat  cheaters , and techniques used at all.

You are basically saying that based on your argument. Now you're changing the subject to battleEye for some reason. We aren't even talking about battleEye. 

If you're going to argue about a topic and have no real solid argument at least stick to the subject. Instead you just assume everyone knows how to go around bans because you know how to. Which is a fallacy. 

You are being too dense and not thinking about what you are really saying. 

1 minute ago, LordVegeta said:

You realize BattlEye is the anti-cheat this game uses, right? It is entirely relevant to what he is discussing and his points. Just because you're unhappy about it, doesn't mean it isn't relevant. Point is HWID doesn't really deter anything, because all you have to do is open a registry file and change three numbers, something that takes little to no time at all, we're talking seconds. What you're trying to argue is the equivalent of telling firefighters they should be using buckets instead of firehoses, not really rational or relevant to the discussion at all.

• Thanks 1

You are basically saying that based on your argument. Now you're changing the subject to battleEye for some reason. We aren't even talking about battleEye. 

If you're going to argue about a topic and have no real solid argument at least stick to the subject. Instead you just assume everyone knows how to go around bans because you know how to. Which is a fallacy. 

You are being too dense and not thinking about what you are really saying. 

Cheaters and BettleEye are not relevant to each other?

no solid argument when -  how many of us -  are trying to explain it to you?

Anyone can use google to figure out how to go around and the ones who do cheat tend to share that info with each other as well.

Calling me dense when you have no clue whatsoever.... wow

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

Cheaters and BettleEye are not relevant to each other?

no solid argument when -  how many of us -  are trying to explain it to you?

Anyone can use google to figure out how to go around and the ones who do cheat tend to share that info with each other as well.

Calling me dense when you have no clue whatsoever.... wow

We arent talking about BattleEye, we are talking about HWID/IP banning people. Those are different. 

No solid argument at all. You and indi granola bar ( RIP account ) are arguing the same thing. "I know how to go around bans therefore everyone knows how." That is a fallacy. 

Anyone can use google but that doesn't mean everyone will. 

You are still being dense even when your argument is invalid. 

6 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Once again, BattlEye is THE anti-cheat this game uses and would be the method used to implement your "suggestion" of HWID. Why are you discussing something you have no technical knowledge of and using/falling back on repeating the fallacy "argument", it's really harsh man lmao. For the third time, HWID spoofing takes <10 seconds to do, it isn't an effective method of combating cheating and never will be. Fine tuning BattlEye and having a larger in-game presence from Game Masters will have a much larger impact than something like HWID bans (which once again, don't work). Most modern cheats even come with a HWID spoofer on their launcher which makes HWID entirely irrelevant. What is next, you're going to recommend LO require photo ID to login?

Edited by indi

We arent talking about BattleEye, we are talking about HWID/IP banning people. Those are different. 

No solid argument at all. You and indi granola bar ( RIP account ) are arguing the same thing. "I know how to go around bans therefore everyone knows how." That is a fallacy. 

Most cheats have hwid spoofer that is turned on by default and every average isp user has dynamic ip because static is not free. There're also free hwid changer programs in google

Once again you twist words and lie about what people said.

We were talking about combating cheaters and you suggested those means which don't work at all.

It doesn't work and would be a waste of time and resources.

19 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

(weird how you know as well).

Ive spent a lot of time researching locating and reporting cheats first to old G1 and more recently to LO.

20 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Oh good that you know. Everyone must know because you know right?

My assumption is that anyone who can google "APB Cheats" can also google "How to spoof HWID / IP", yes.

Plus you play on Jericho you weeb, we don't even have a cheater problem at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LoveForMatt said:

Adding barriers to login, or a paywall on a F2P game on Steam usually won't pan out very well, especially on a game as deserted as APB. At this point of it's life, the best thing to do (in my opinion) would be to continue with what they're doing. More staff presence and communication in-game, and a better tuned anti-cheat is arguably their best path to success in combating cheaters. Besides, cheaters aren't nearly as much of a problem these days, or from what I saw when I was active during the summer, as they were back in say 2012-2014 when we had essentially zero anti-cheat. I think I played maybe one or two cheaters in my anecdotal experience of roughly a month of playing during July/August. Both we're on the EU server, unsurprisingly, kek.

5 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

I agree that hw and ip bans barely help the cause... what they need to prevent is them to create new accounts by any means. I already gave one possible solution, well more than a solution an extra income.

And as many things that are going to be heavily restricted or monitored, i would freely give my photo id if that helps to keep the trash cheaters out.

You get caught cheating and you get sued.

The best what they can do to prevent cheaters creating new accounts is adding mobile authenticator like in csgo, but still it will barely fix the problem, those who wants to cheat will find the way to do it

Edited by Lign

they just need to take reports seriously and watch people who are reported... they are so obvious that anyone with eyes will be able to see who's cheating.

34 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

How long are they going to keep being passive about it... with their gms they enforce tos over words and some pixels, but not fair gameplay.

Engine Upgrade is happening  now and soon they are  working on matchmaking  for fair gameplay.

It takes time. A lot of work to be done.

Just now, LoveForMatt said:

Who is talking about matchmaking? There are barely any players. I am talking about cheaters.

cheating does not only  equal botting

cheating is also dethreating

your comment said fair gameplay

Dethreating is cheaters consequence.

I am on Jericho.

Dethreaters will dethreat just because they can.

Whether it is from botters or because they want easy wins it is still dethreating.

Well, it started with that.

Ive been right there when dethreaters appeared.

How it started is not as important now.

How it finishes is what is important now.

BattleEye is one of the best anti cheats so dealing with that part of cheating is better

Now we need matchmaking and threat fixed for fair gameplay so that new players can have a fair fight and learn  APB

9 hours ago, indi said:

I think I played maybe one or two cheaters in my anecdotal experience of roughly a month of playing during July/August. Both we're on the EU server, unsurprisingly, kek.

Was this before or after the RIP'd account?