Sign in to follow this  
DouglasFalcon

An idea to possibly make Reaper viable

Hello everyone!
Some of you guys know that I love sniper rifles in general and I love how good NCR Anubis and Oblivion are now that LO put their hands on them (meanwhile SBSR-IRS still crying on a corner lol).

This has made me think that, with enough differentiation, it's possible to carve a niche in the meta for every weapon in the game, despite being so many of them.

To me, a big issue is how bad the N-HVR Reaper is compared to the Sitting Duck counterpart. Poor thing has less range and less diversity on his open slot that most of the times translates into higher TTK because of Reaper's incapacity to use CJ3. It's really sad to see such a cool/edgy legendary being outshadowed by a friggin' plastic duck, lol!

So I was thinking: would an insane jumping accuracy, similar to 2012 Scout, be enough to make it viable? Right know Scout is already pretty damn accurate when you're in the air, but it's only really effective within 30 metres or so, it's very luck reliant outside of that range. I've heard a lot of veterans wanting jumpshooting back and honestly it does sound fun to try. Plus, Reaper has plenty of drawbacks so it wouldn't be broken/hard to play against at all.
Lemme know your opinions ^^ (and please be polite)

• Like 1

Why not just making the silencer a worth mod again?

If they manage tog et the tracers working again with the new engine and improve the "off radar" function of a silencer, it would become an actual good weapon. Less speed and range in change of stealthyness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why don't we give the reaper the ability to jump shot. Unique idea that no one has ever done before, please no steal.

EDIT: I didn't even read the opening post. LUL.  I regret nothing.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DouglasFalcon said:

Stuff

Guns are supposed to be used with your feet firmly on the ground. Jumpshooting I swear is the dumbest meme in Apb

• Thanks 2

I guarantee once the new engine rolls around and people go back to relying on tracer effects as part of their gameplay decision making, silenced guns like the reaper will see more prominence.

• Like 1

Unfortunately those corny patootie tracers are allegedly coming back, so silencers wont be wasted slots for long. 

33 minutes ago, Nite said:

I guarantee once the new engine rolls around and people go back to relying on tracer effects as part of their gameplay decision making, silenced guns like the reaper will see more prominence.

I honestly have troubles understanding what's tracer effects, since I've only been playing for about 4 years. Mind explaining to me?

2 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:

I honestly have troubles understanding what's tracer effects, since I've only been playing for about 4 years. Mind explaining to me?

In RTW times and in early G1 beta all guns produced tracer effects when firing. This made it easier for people to identify where they where being shot from (really useful in case of snipers) and gave silenced weapons a proper reason to be used over unsilenced counterparts since they produced no tracers.

The feature got broken along the development and up to today still hasn't been restored.

Edited by Rikard86

What would become of the Condor if tracers were re-introduced and silencers on all guns removed tracers and added the off-the-radar feature.

3 minutes ago, owzzy said:

What would become of the Condor if tracers were re-introduced and silencers on all guns removed tracers and added the off-the-radar feature.

It makes your character phisically disappear when you're shooting

Just now, DouglasFalcon said:

It makes your character phisically disappear when you're shooting

Very innovative!

Yeah, let's not bring back jump shooting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Yeah, let's not bring back jump shooting.

Yeah. How dare they suggest bringing back a minor mechanic that added variation to gameplay!

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yeah. How dare they suggest bringing back a minor mechanic that added variation to gameplay!

How do people actually believe that it wasn't op?

You could fly at sprint speed, could fire over high cover and vehicles you normally couldn't, and you had pinpoint accuracy as well.

G1 even took the advantage and made a cashgrab with the Pathfinder, which were clearly designed around jump shooting, and nerfed them shortly after that.

Now don't come with the "predictable path" argument. That barely changed it.

12 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Not hard to shoot someone moving in a super predictable arch.

7 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Not hard to shoot someone moving in a super predictable arch.

Jumpshooters were easily killed when they had no cover due to this, but made the player stronger than he should be if he had cover. This broke a lot of missions.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

How do people actually believe that it wasn't op?

You could fly at sprint speed, could fire over high cover and vehicles you normally couldn't, and you had pinpoint accuracy as well.

G1 even took the advantage and made a cashgrab with the Pathfinder, which were clearly designed around jump shooting, and nerfed them shortly after that.

now that we have the sprint shooting nerf and the bolt timer nerf i honestly see no reason why jumpshooting wouldnt be balanced if it was brought back

i'd even settle for a halfway kind of thing, and give the scout issrb accuracy for jumpshooting instead of pinpoint accuracy

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff

I just don't see why there should be any gun that can effectively sprint/jump shoot.

APB is already a fast paced game, I don't think we need to go back and make it even faster again.

Though I'd argue that jump shooting could get an accuracy buff, but not that you can reliably hit something at mid range, even less so on long range.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

i'd even settle for a halfway kind of thing, and give the scout issrb accuracy for jumpshooting instead of pinpoint accuracy

Honestly I'd love a chance to test this. Sounds super fun without being broken tbh.

the reaper is fine good gun. Not same strong how hvr but this ok is a different wappon. 

They should remove the fixed red mod on the dow thumper too.. it's useless.

Nobody uses the thumper in markmanship mode.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Is that a joke?

Please tell me thats a joke. 

On 11/19/2018 at 5:17 PM, CookiePuss said:

Is that a joke?

Please tell me thats a joke. 

No it isn't, and if you say thumper is OP, tell me why thumper prize on market is 1.7 mill. Do you think an "op" gun would be only 1.7 mill on market? Nope. Just in case u think it's an automatic shotgun, it isn't. Everytime I use thumper people say "damn noob using automatic shotgun", just letting everyone know: THUMPER ISN'T AN AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. People think thumper is easy to use until they use it and realize it's semi automatic and then they sell it.

And again: remove red mod on thumper, it's useless.

51 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

No it isn't, and if you say thumper is OP, tell me why thumper prize on market is 1.7 mill. Do you think an "op" gun would be only 1.7 mill on market? Nope. Just in case u think it's an automatic shotgun, it isn't. Everytime I use thumper people say "damn noob using automatic shotgun", just letting everyone know: THUMPER ISN'T AN AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. People think thumper is easy to use until they use it and realize it's semi automatic and then they sell it.

And again: remove red mod on thumper, it's useless.

Now you are using MP value to determine how good a gun is?

I guess this means the Thunder is OP. 🤣

On 11/19/2018 at 11:30 AM, Uhtdred said:

the point of the red mod is to stop you from using cooling jacket or improved rifling, both of which would push the thumper to be a little to strong in cqc and ranged cqc respectively 

Sign in to follow this