Tosei

harassment ban question

19 minutes ago, Sayori said:

lol, no, they don't.

I've a ticket for nearly 2 months already.

Let me guess. .. "It got lost in our system" ™

You should hope that you won't get an answer. If I could turn back time, I would never submitted my ticket. Could save me some disappointment.

44 minutes ago, pikckyy said:

how do you get those pictures in your signature of ur characters.

google "Pastechi's APB Signature maker"

48 minutes ago, Grizmo said:

google "Pastechi's APB Signature maker"

thanks

10 hours ago, Saxtus said:

1) Tried it, didn't work.
    Not sure what went wrong.

2) I've decided to go that way, but change the "10min" to "few months". I guess he won.
    He was still there waiting for you when you came back ?

Persistent little bugger.

3) Not enough people on other districts.

True, the population makes it difficult.
    My experience has been that there are usually only 3 districts with any amount of population  to join.
    1 Waterfront (either Silver or Bronze, same with Financial and 1 Fight Club

3) He was helping his friends to win a mission, I think we fall to his "mini game" and not the other way around.

Fair enough, although in my mini game, I was not in a mission.

Again, we do not have enough information concerning the OP's issue with harassment,

so kind of difficult to advise.

I am curious what went wrong with submitting a support ticket.

Curious indeed.

EDIT:

In my previous post I had mentioned "Take a break from the game for 10min (AFK, DND)"

Some newer players might not know how to implement DND (my preference)

DND - Do Not Disturb can be implemented using /dnd  in the chat box

To undo this, type /dnd again

Or, you can leave the game for a few months like @Saxtus

but that is a little extreme.

Edited by Westford

11 hours ago, Sayori said:

lol, no, they don't.

I've a ticket for nearly 2 months already.

Let me guess. .. "It got lost in our system" ™

I think this is something they do take seriously, they may have taken action already and you just dont know. Maybe they should keep you in the loop to see what has been done about the complaint or it feels like nothing has been done.

This also raises a second idea for me, may have to write a guide on how to protect yourself from online bullieing n APB. I think it would be a 50 page document, but this is a definate need to do if Little Orbit wants to raise its population. Bullieing is rampid in APB and this can take its toll on some people, entering into issues of mental health and suicide. 

Dont get me wrong I personally love the rawness and roughness of this game, but the straight unintelligent hate tells are just too far and not fun for either party.

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to weigh in on the OP's original question.

Yes - we do ban players for harassment.

Yes - we do read the reports that are submitted to Support.

Obviously, we're still working on our Support turn around time. It is still unacceptably high. That staff keeps growing, and we continue to train and find new ways to optimize our ability to properly research and respond to tickets. However, once we have researched the activity/chat logs for the reported player, we do reach out with warnings or other actions.

Usually we go through a process of warnings that explain what they did wrong.

If they continue, then we give a 1 day temp ban.

Then we give a 7 day temp ban.

And if they still can't seem to correct the behavior, we do a permanent ban.

After slogging it out for 5 months and getting hundreds of these reports, we have also developed new tools from scratch that will allow us to respond faster to these kinds of issues. This includes a new customization review tool that allows our team to look at symbols and clothing across an account without having to manually get into the game. We are also waiting for some final dev resources to free up, so we can finish off the new /report system.

TL;DR - If you are using racial slurs, hate speech, telling people they need to commit suicide or generally being a toxic, abusive, harassing player, then you are putting your account at risk.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We are also waiting for some final dev resources to free up, so we can finish off the new /report system.

promising news, we havent had an update on this for a while now

7 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Obviously, we're still working on our Support turn around time. It is still unacceptably high. That staff keeps growing, and we continue to train and find new ways to optimize our ability to properly research and respond to tickets. However, once we have researched the activity/chat logs for the reported player, we do reach out with warnings or other actions.

After slogging it out for 5 months and getting hundreds of these reports, we have also developed new tools from scratch that will allow us to respond faster to these kinds of issues. This includes a new customization review tool that allows our team to look at symbols and clothing across an account without having to manually get into the game. We are also waiting for some final dev resources to free up, so we can finish off the new /report system.

TL;DR - If you are using racial slurs, hate speech, telling people they need to commit suicide or generally being a toxic, abusive, harassing player, then you are putting your account at risk.

Thanks,
Matt

Excellent and well said

8 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

Excellent and well said

Any chance of adding in letting the player know of the outcome of the complaint? Could be just a matter of cc'ing the reporting player into the outcome or a quick automated report sent out?

It would let players know that something has happened and keep the community happier regarding this subject.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Define hate speech.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

thank you matt !! 

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

May you and your team forever be blessed, Amen~~

unknown.png

13 hours ago, Westford said:

1) Tried it, didn't work.
    Not sure what went wrong.

2) I've decided to go that way, but change the "10min" to "few months". I guess he won.
    He was still there waiting for you when you came back ?

Persistent little bugger.

1) This.

2) Wasn't him exactly, but what happened with (1) was what made me lose hope.