foscor77

equal number of offensive and defensive missions

please do something about this topic Lit Orb.

Defensive missions are a lot easier than offensive missions,you just have to find,hide and wait behind cover until enemy shows then shoot,change hiding spot and repeat. Im not saying its an instant win if your the team on defense,sure you can defeat any challenging objective with effective team lol but you gotta admit defensive missions are easier as compared to offensive ones no matter if your a noob bronze or a pro gold like dont even let me get started on those squishy car deliver missions man....if the team on defense is even a little bit aware about anti vehicle guns like dmr av or alig then its gg for you.

Im not asking to change the defensive missions to make them less easier or something like that but i just want to get equal or near equal number of offensive and defensive missions as a player.

Like how today i played in jericho silver district,completed 15 missions out of which 12 were offensive and only 3 were defensive....i won all of those 3 defensive ones and lost 8 of the offensive missions....maybe most of the people just abandon mission as soon as they get a mission without opposition...now that i think about it why do we even have these missions without opp? what if these dud missions gets removed from game? will it help somehow?

anyway that was all what i wanted to say and if theres already a thread like this then link it please.

• Thanks 2

as far as i can tell theres an even chance to get either attack or defense when a mission starts, aside from unopposed missions

you could remove unopposed missions but then there would just be longer periods without any missions, since they're caused by matchmaking imbalance

Just out of curiosity (intrigued by this thread), I've looked through the APB mission list (https://db.apbvault.net/missions/) and written down which missions have which team on the attacking side...

...surprisingly enough, the amounts are equal. (link)

Excluding tutorials, Fight Club missions and duplicates on that list (also, one of the "None" missions is a duplicate of "Deliver The Liver" and the other is a weird VIP-checkpoint Halloween mission, along with specific terms such as "trick-or-treating" and "gorging on candy" etc.; I've excluded the Halloween mission from counting.), there are exactly 90 attack missions for Enforcers and exactly 90 attack missions for Criminals.

To OP: compared to the statistical data, your complaint feels like you just got the patootie-end of the random mission pick system.

This, of course, doesn't nullify your complaint. The mission selection system could use some work or an outright overhaul, much like the missions themselves.

(Also, I can't say I agree with the notion that "defense missions are automatically easier", but that's just my personal opinion.)

Well the thing is, depends how u see it. In most cases defense missions are easier than attack IF you have 2 squads with equal skills going against eachother. If the attackers have greater skills than the defender, most likely you will go on to the final mission and maybe get the victory as well, and ofcourse if the defenders have greater skills than the attacker then you prob won't even finish the first objective.

If i see it as 2 equal teams going against eachother then the defender has a greater chance to win in most missions

Most of the times i get offensive missions too if i am playing solo because u automaticall get allianced with 2 to 3 other solo players,while if u play with 1 friend your chance of getting a defensive mission is higher(with my experience)

Edited by Keshi

I think the more important problem is the spots. There are some spots in APB where it is almost impossible to complete the task (satelite antennas near bridges). Some spots have many flanks and they are balanced (this purple little house not far from the main enforcerr spawn). To my mind it's not always the matter of whether you're on opposition or defense but rather the location of the mission. One more big problem is the spawns: they are very often in the same places and this puts attackers at a big disadvantage. The spawns could be uncomfortable or the enemy can guess that you will be coming from the same side. It is also harder to flank defenders because you need to waste a minute just to run to the other side for a chance that they will not notice you (plus you won't have teammates with you).

i find that about half of the missions are really offensive to me. For the other half, I’m kinda on the fence.

4 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

i find that about half of the missions are really offensive to me. For the other half, I’m kinda on the fence.

I only find the fact that @BXNNXD microwaves his eggs offensive. 

@Lixil please fix?

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

@Lixil please fix?

Well it is pretty easy to make an omelette in a mug with a microwave. Sure it won't be great, but you can do it.

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Well it is pretty easy to make an omelette in a mug with a microwave. Sure it won't be great, but you can do it.

You are now blocked.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

@Lixil please fix?

1v1 me ingame kid

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

i make scrambled eggs not omelettes 

less work

Just now, BXNNXD said:

1v1 me ingame kid

i make scrambled eggs not omelettes 

less work

If it is in the microwave it is just some weird amalgamation of the two anyway.