TrashCan

/abandonmission should be removed from the Game

That would be a no for me. If there is a person who is toxic and if that person gets paired up with me next game again, then I shouldn't be forced to play with that person again. 

• Thanks 1

TK'ers , toxic players , or that guy with the OSMAW on my team who keeps shooting it into the back of my head point blank behind me.... (happened last week yet again by same guy with OSMAW grr)

I should not be forced to play with them when I have a chance to leave before the mission starts.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 7:35 AM, -Dan- said:

Nope, I'd rather have LO get rid of heavy items missions, not to mention the abomination of Creme de la Crime

Mojang Money is worse.... 10 minutes to turn in 2 vehicles.... 10 minutes each stage that is....

Also i hate getting called into no opp missions so i do /abandon mission at times, othertimes i need to avoid a dethreat or something so I leave. So it's a no for me. Edited by Noob_Guardian

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:
Mojang Money is worse.... 10 minutes to turn in 2 vehicles.... 10 minutes each stage that is....

Also i hate getting called into no opp missions so i do /abandon mission at times, othertimes i need to avoid a dethreat or something so I leave. So it's a no for me.
Vehicle missions would be fun if we had to turn in anything other than Varzuga or Moirai or the bloody garbage trucks
4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

What mission is Creme de la Crime again?

I play whatever and shoot at whatever so *shrugs* no idea

The one where you have 6 separate stages where you need to pick up one item each stage

Shaming people who use /abandonmission for wanting to dodge undesirable missions is a stance that completely ignores the reason why people use the command.

Some people use it to dodge teammates before they get opposition. If you recognize someone's character name and remember that they were a detriment to the team, you can quickly tap out of participating in the mission with that person. Some people also use the command to get out of teams with disproportionate threat levels. I'm all for helping lower threat/rank players get better and teaching them and whatnot, but it's unreasonable to expect anyone to always do that.

There is also the issue of multiple missions in the game desperately needing a fix. From an objective standpoint, they have multiple issues that require changes or a complete removal altogether.
Just to name a few examples (in no particular order)...

• Bad Investment - This mission suffers from being unfairly rigged against the Enforcer team in the latter stages.
    Stage 4 requires the Enforcers to take over a wide circular area with no cover ("Go To" objective) and stand in the circle for about 10 seconds, if not more. Time limit = 5 minutes.
    Stage 5 requires the Criminals to take over that exact same area by standing in the circle for 4 seconds or so. Time limit = 5 minutes.

• R.O.A.R. - The mission consists of three stages - the first two are a Vandalism objective. What does that mean? It means that very often (depending on objective placement) you don't even need to physically come to the point - you can simply take a sniper rifle and dismantle the storefront from a distance.

• The Fast And The Incarcerated - Just... why?
    This mission involves two stages of delivering cars and the final mission is... well, the exact same thing.
    TFATI requires an anti-vehicular weapon. If no one in your team has an ALIG or an explosive weapon at their disposal, you're shit-out-of-luck. Absolutely nothing is stopping either team from jumping in/on the truck and stacking it with Blowtorches, allowing them to drive away until the end of days.

• The Hidden Menace - Nothing you do over the course of the final stage means anything. The winning team is determined by whether the bomb is planted at the final second of the mission. You can defend the objective as an Enforcer for pretty much the entire length of the final stage, but if for any reason the bomb gets planted by the Criminals in the very final moments, you automatically lose. Your multi-minute defense of the objective doesn't matter.
Believe it or not, I actually don't have that much of an issue with Creme De La Crime. I'm not a fan of the mission (I believe it to be too long), but just about the only things that can screw you over in this mission are base locations. That is, one of the teams may get a base that's close to a street, with civilian cars readily available (or a car spawner), or a base that's exposed from multiple sides/paths and very difficult to defend.

TL;DR removing /abandonmission doesn't solve (nor does it understand) the issue of why people use it.
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 3:58 AM, MartinPL said:

Shaming people who use /abandonmission for wanting to dodge undesirable missions is a stance that completely ignores the reason why people use the command.

Some people use it to dodge teammates before they get opposition. If you recognize someone's character name and remember that they were a detriment to the team, you can quickly tap out of participating in the mission with that person. Some people also use the command to get out of teams with disproportionate threat levels. I'm all for helping lower threat/rank players get better and teaching them and whatnot, but it's unreasonable to expect anyone to always do that.

There is also the issue of multiple missions in the game desperately needing a fix. From an objective standpoint, they have multiple issues that require changes or a complete removal altogether.

• Bad Investment - This mission suffers from being unfairly rigged against the Enforcer team in the latter stages.
    Stage 4 requires the Enforcers to take over a wide circular area with no cover ("Go To" objective) and stand in the circle for about 10 seconds, if not more. Time limit = 5 minutes.
    Stage 5 requires the Criminals to take over that exact same area by standing in the circle for 4 seconds or so. Time limit = 5 minutes.

• R.O.A.R. - The mission consists of three stages - the first two are a Vandalism objective. What does that mean? It means that very often (depending on objective placement) you don't even need to physically come to the point - you can simply take a sniper rifle and dismantle the storefront from a distance.

This mission involves two stages of delivering cars and the final mission is... well, the exact same thing.
    TFATI requires an anti-vehicular weapon. If no one in your team has an ALIG or an explosive weapon at their disposal, you're shit-out-of-luck. Absolutely nothing is stopping either team from jumping in/on the truck and stacking it with Blowtorches, allowing them to drive away until the end of days.

• The Hidden Menace - Nothing you do over the course of the final stage means anything. The winning team is determined by whether the bomb is planted at the final second of the mission. You can defend the objective as an Enforcer for pretty much the entire length of the final stage, but if for any reason the bomb gets planted by the Criminals in the very final moments, you automatically lose. Your multi-minute defense of the objective doesn't matter.
Believe it or not, I actually don't have that much of an issue with Creme De La Crime. I'm not a fan of the mission (I believe it to be too long), but just about the only things that can screw you over in this mission are base locations. That is, one of the teams may get a base that's close to a street, with civilian cars readily available (or a car spawner), or a base that's exposed from multiple sides/paths and very difficult to defend.

TL;DR removing /abandonmission doesn't solve (nor does it understand) the issue of why people use it.
All that said, I'm someone who rerolls a lot not because I cheat, but because I like making characters with a specific theme and I tend to make and re-make characters regularly for the sake of changing it up a bit. I don't particularly care about the 195 mods, and if I really feel like using car surfer, i'll just go play a bit of fight club and buy one 7 day.

As a result of this, most of my characters are 100 rank or below.

Since I came back to the game after a break, if anyone gets paired with me into a squad of 2 without opp, they will abandon immediately. This almost always results in me getting stuck in a 1v1 mission, which is no fun at all. The only time I've had anything but a 1v1 mission since I came back is when I was playing with friends.

Instead, I think ignoring someone should stop you being matched with them, we need a votekick system for squads and abandoning missions should be limited to a certain number of times per unit of time, like you can only abandon 2-3 missions before being locked out of matchmaking for a while (actually doing a mission resets this number), or a total of 24 times in 24 hours or something, to disincentivize this kind of crap. I guarantee if it's pushing me away again now that it's become so prevalent, where I've been playing since OBT, it's pushing away newer players for sure.

51 minutes ago, Mightyena said:
All that said, I'm someone who rerolls a lot not because I cheat, but because I like making characters with a specific theme and I tend to make and re-make characters regularly for the sake of changing it up a bit. I don't particularly care about the 195 mods, and if I really feel like using car surfer, i'll just go play a bit of fight club and buy one 7 day.

Since I came back to the game after a break, if anyone gets paired with me into a squad of 2 without opp, they will abandon immediately. This almost always results in me getting stuck in a 1v1 mission, which is no fun at all. The only time I've had anything but a 1v1 mission since I came back is when I was playing with friends.

Instead, I think ignoring someone should stop you being matched with them, we need a votekick system for squads and abandoning missions should be limited to a certain number of times per unit of time, like you can only abandon 2-3 missions before being locked out of matchmaking for a while (actually doing a mission resets this number), or a total of 24 times in 24 hours or something, to disincentivize this kind of crap. I guarantee if it's pushing me away again now that it's become so prevalent, where I've been playing since OBT, it's pushing away newer players for sure.
This makes no sense, players dont /abandonmission because of Rlevel ; its predominantly because they are a threat below the status quo on the respective district. Your Rlevel has nothing to do with skill or kills

On 8/24/2018 at 5:59 PM, Davess said:
On 8/24/2018 at 5:06 PM, Mightyena said:

This makes no sense, players dont /abandonmission because of Rlevel ; its predominantly because they are a threat below the status quo on the respective district. Your Rlevel has nothing to do with skill or kills
It's the only thing I can think of. I'm pretty much perma-gold at this point, and i'm not terrible or anything, but every time I ready up solo and get paired with only 1 other person, they leave. Every time. Without fail. My only guess is either my rank, or playing on a newish character.

I abandon every creme da la crime, fast and incarcerated, and triple heavy YD/Td i get.

theyre just not fun to play.

8 hours ago, Mightyena said:

It's the only thing I can think of. I'm pretty much perma-gold at this point, and i'm not terrible or anything, but every time I ready up solo and get paired with only 1 other person, they leave. Every time. Without fail. My only guess is either my rank, or playing on a newish character.

plenty of people (myself included sometimes) just autoabandon any unopposed mission

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
12 hours ago, Mightyena said:

plenty of people (myself included sometimes) just autoabandon any unopposed mission
That's... fair enough I suppose? Back when I used to play a while back though, it was pretty common to camp on objectives for opp and didn't result in at least one frustrated AF person. I know I'm not the only person with this problem either, too.

It just ends up screwing over at least one person, every time.

1 minute ago, Mightyena said:
That's... fair enough I suppose? Back when I used to play a while back though, it was pretty common to camp on objectives for opp and didn't result in at least one frustrated AF person. I know I'm not the only person with this problem either, too.

i personally only abandon unopposed when soloing (which i do very rarely), but my thinking is that rather than staying in the mission group that obviously didnt get opp, i return to the solo queue for better matchmaking 

On 8/27/2018 at 12:26 AM, Mightyena said:

I still do, but the problem arises when you spend 20 minutes not getting opp in a group of 3-4, which i've had recently....

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:
On 8/26/2018 at 11:26 PM, Mightyena said:

I still do, but the problem arises when you spend 20 minutes not getting opp in a group of 3-4, which i've had recently....
I can't even play because like 70% of the time I get in a mission with just me and one other person, then they leave and I immediately get opp so I can't leave the mission -- so now it's a 1v1, and I'm a "fake gold" so either I get completely stomped on and it just sucks and is no fun, or they're a de-threater and I suck so I barely win, but they're not actually trying to shoot back so it's no fun...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mightyena said:
I can't even play because like 70% of the time I get in a mission with just me and one other person, then they leave and I immediately get opp so I can't leave the mission -- so now it's a 1v1, and I'm a "fake gold" so either I get completely stomped on and it just sucks and is no fun, or they're a de-threater and I suck so I barely win, but they're not actually trying to shoot back so it's no fun...
i wouldnt mind grouping if you need one, send a message sometime

I abandon a mission that doesn't get opp on the first stage. I don't feel like going through the motions and maybe getting opp halfway through a mission.

Along with other reasons that people have mentioned here.

I vote against removing /abandon. It's incredibly handy. Part of the reason why I don't really enjoy playing MOBA's anymore is that I can't leave when I desire. At least with /abandon I have a specific set of circumstances where if I don't like how the mission looks I can leave the mission. In League, for example, if I get put on a team with "Racist_Supremacy_666" then I have to stomach a punishment in order to not play with them. APB Reloaded? /abandonmission if I don't have any opp and go on with my day.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:58 AM, MartinPL said:

Easy fix for /abandonmission  If you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from are Mission you don't like.

Abandon mission is to abandon missions its not broken so how can it be fixed?
Why should I have to play with TK'ers?
How can missions possibly not rotate with a 40 and 40 district?
You are not addressing real problems to doing  this and are only saying " I don't like this change it" based off of "someone must be dodging missions so lets punish people" which is not a valid reason to do this....

Edit : I've played Creme de la Crime recently a few times.....its not that hard on enforcer or criminal... I see no validity to your claims *shrugs*

Edited by Fortune Runner

5 hours ago, TrashCan said:

Easy fix for /abandonmission  If you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from are Mission you don't like.

Congratulations on completely missing the point of my post, or ignoring it altogether.

Hey trashcan your posts on this thread come off more as just wanting revenge on people who did no wrong to you.
Also although what you said appears to have merit at first glance , in reality it seems all filler and nothing substantially good for us on APB and in fact the suggestion causes harm to APB players.

It's just not a good idea to remove abandon mission on people and the reasons you gave sound too much like excuses rather than good reasons so sorry no I still don't agree even though I did hear you out.
And with how much I thought this out to try to see your view , it just does not benefit APB.

Explain how this (Easy fix for /abandonmission  If you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from are Mission you don't like.)  can harm APB Players?

1 hour ago, TrashCan said:

Explain how this (Easy fix for /abandonmission  If you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from are Mission you don't like.)  can harm APB Players?

It harms the game because this is not a fix for anything. Instead of fixing the reason why people abandon missions, your proposed solution forces the players to play undesirable missions. It's basically like saying "oh, you are complaining about this mission and asking us to make changes to it? fuck you, we're not changing it, btw you're forced into that mission lol" to people who use that command.

5 hours ago, TrashCan said:

if someone doesn’t want to play a mission and you force them to play anyway, they’re just going to not play at all

players not playing is a bad thing