Margravine

Cheaters - More than Anticipated

On 7/28/2018 at 10:11 PM, Margravine said:

What I can tell you without a doubt you can go into any silver 40/40 district, play 5 games and end up matched against someone suspicious. 

Someone suspicious? It's beyond obvious that it's pretty subjective when someone calls a player "suspicious", and after all it doesn't mean they're cheating.

Keep in mind that a major part of the players in silver districts are veterans at this moment, such that never left but especially some that returned. Many talented, experienced players are around and I feel the current level of difficulty is rather high. Hence, it's probably the best to be a bit more considerate when it comes to hackusating or suspicion at this moment. Take it as a challenge, as in "Alright, he's difficult to beat, I'll have to put in a lot of effort.". This also doesn't put you down as much compared to "He's probably cheating, I'll be frustrated now".

Yesterday I was the VIP at final stage and had the opposition let us wait for the entire time (~15min?) since they gave up because they thought I'm cheating. How stupid is that?
  • Like 1

Just now, thelinux said:

Yesterday I was the VIP at final stage and had the opposition let us wait for the entire time (~15min?) since they gave up because they thought I'm cheating. How stupid is that?

Welcome to APB.

29 minutes ago, Tobii said:
You're free to test it yourself.
You were able to test things on the OTW prior to the full launch of BE.
You can also make an AHK script for media keys and then log on to APB and you'll see.

I am aware that your point is "how did you know it wasn't for cheating" or w.e.
Only way I can give you any proof that you might believe is if you try it yourself.

You'll just be kicked with the message: KICKED BY BATTLEYE (DISALLOWED PROGRAM #0)

you did not answer my question.

1 minute ago, PersianTiger said:
30 minutes ago, Tobii said:
You're free to test it yourself.
You were able to test things on the OTW prior to the full launch of BE.
You can also make an AHK script for media keys and then log on to APB and you'll see.

I am aware that your point is "how did you know it wasn't for cheating" or w.e.
Only way I can give you any proof that you might believe is if you try it yourself.

You'll just be kicked with the message: KICKED BY BATTLEYE (DISALLOWED PROGRAM #0)

you did not answer my question.
Did I or did I not..? You need to make up your mind.

I've tested it myself and I've had people message me about it.. What else do you want me to say?
As I said, AHK media key script is the best example I have.

Just now, Tobii said:

I've tested it myself and I've had people message me about it.. What else do you want me to say?
you just proved you have violated apb TOS.

3 minutes ago, PersianTiger said:
5 minutes ago, Tobii said:

you just proved you have violated apb TOS.
How so? it's not against TOS to have AHK installed.
You need to calm down.

AHK is a tool used for things OTHER than cheating. E.g. work.
So no, I did not break the TOS. Try again.

AND they asked people to test out BE on the OTW server before the release! Do you not read?
I did my testing on OTW just like everyone else! Sane goes for configs, shaders, advanced launcher etc..
They wanted you to test on OTW to see what would trigger BE and if there were any issues.. *SMH* Edited by Tobii

1 minute ago, Tobii said:
How so? it's not against TOS to have AHK installed.
You need to calm down.

AHK is a tool used for things OTHER than cheating. E.g. work.
So no, I did not break the TOS. Try again.
??? you told us it is against TOS just up there : 

1 minute ago, Tobii said:
LO might not have said anything, but macro's or any kind of tool assisting is against TOS.
who needs to make up his mind? paradox going on here?

2 minutes ago, PersianTiger said:
??? you told us it is against TOS just up there : 
  who needs to make up his mind? paradox going on here?
... are you for real?
Using AHK to assist in APB is against the TOS... E.g. macro's and recoil scripts!
AHK itself is not against TOS.. Neither is the logitech software, or razer.. C'mon man.. Use that brain of your just a little bit please?

Using AHK to do media controls has nothing to do with APB, and the fact that you get kicked is just an unfortunate side effect due to people abusing AHK... god. Edited by Tobii

22 minutes ago, Tobii said:
... are you for real?
Using AHK to assist in APB is against the TOS... E.g. macro's and recoil scripts!
AHK itself is not against TOS.. Neither is the logitech software, or razer.. C'mon man.. Use that brain of your just a little bit please?

Using AHK to do media controls has nothing to do with APB, and the fact that you get kicked is just an unfortunate side effect due to people abusing AHK... god.
"Hi everyone,

I've seen this topic floating around the forums, and it's time to set the record straight.
We are banning for hacking and cheating.

The goals of our cheat implementation are:

To eliminate cheaters and hackers from the game, so that regular players can enjoy themselves
To avoid inaccurate bans for cheating and hacking
To avoid having to mass unban players ever again

This last goal is crucial. Unbanning players resets the balance of the game. I felt it was necessary based on my own research, but only because I didn't like the previous subjective banning implementation.

Here are some answers to avoid any miscommunication of our strategy:

We only ran BattlEye in observation mode for about a week after it first launched. This was just to review data without triggering any potential unfair mass bans.
The bulk of "easy" cheats or AHK programs simply don't work with BattlEye. (NOTE: If you're getting kicked from APB then disable any Auto Hot Key programs. They are not allowed in APB).
We have three different systems that can ban a player. These are *mostly* escalating temp bans that get longer and longer the more you get flagged.

Here is the important part that makes sure we achieve all three goals I outlined above:

My CS staff gets real time reports on the temp bans. We use that initial period to review each case and determine if we want to make it a permanent ban. I can tell you right now that 100% of the bans we've reviewed were made permanent. 

I am not proud of banning. I've already spoken on this topic a lot before, so I'm not going rehash that here.
We will not name and shame banned players, and we will not provide numbers on how many people we have banned."

Thanks,
Matt Edited by Atomkraftwerk

14 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:
"Hi everyone,

I've seen this topic floating around the forums, and it's time to set the record straight.
We are banning for hacking and cheating.

The goals of our cheat implementation are:

To eliminate cheaters and hackers from the game, so that regular players can enjoy themselves
To avoid inaccurate bans for cheating and hacking
To avoid having to mass unban players ever again

This last goal is crucial. Unbanning players resets the balance of the game. I felt it was necessary based on my own research, but only because I didn't like the previous subjective banning implementation.

Here are some answers to avoid any miscommunication of our strategy:

We only ran BattlEye in observation mode for about a week after it first launched. This was just to review data without triggering any potential unfair mass bans.
The bulk of "easy" cheats or AHK programs simply don't work with BattlEye. (NOTE: If you're getting kicked from APB then disable any Auto Hot Key programs. They are not allowed in APB).
We have three different systems that can ban a player. These are *mostly* escalating temp bans that get longer and longer the more you get flagged.

Here is the important part that makes sure we achieve all three goals I outlined above:

My CS staff gets real time reports on the temp bans. We use that initial period to review each case and determine if we want to make it a permanent ban. I can tell you right now that 100% of the bans we've reviewed were made permanent. 

I am not proud of banning. I've already spoken on this topic a lot before, so I'm not going rehash that here.
We will not name and shame banned players, and we will not provide numbers on how many people we have banned."

Thanks,
Matt
I've read what Matt said.. What is your point? Oh wait, you have none.
You just talk out your patootie...

1 hour ago, Tobii said:
AHK is not allowed ,grow up kid ;)

5 hours ago, Atomkraftwerk said:
13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Can you DM me a list of cheaters?
Im curious.
Are u new to the game?
Is that a "no"?

49 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:
2 hours ago, Tobii said:
AHK is not allowed ,grow up kid 😉
You're the one that needs to grow up. AHK is a normal tool. People use it for work and to automate workflow.
You're the kid that doesn't realize that.
I know you think 90% of players cheat, that's why people only see you as a joke around this place.
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2018 at 1:33 PM, Tobii said:

oh.. lag switching is a thing in APB now? Did we just become COD? Are we a bigboy game now?!

Before BattleEye yes APB had this problem with some of the cheaters (but not many) but since then I have not seen this at all
On 7/29/2018 at 3:14 AM, Atomkraftwerk said:

Fight Club shows blatant cheater at its best, if u watch the scores of people almost never die ,and never miss a shot ,.... kiddys who want to protect the cheater community lying about that and always trash talking, like "just because someone is better than you ,doesnt make him or her a cheater" bla bla bla ,toxic people still in here protecting the cheater community,dont listen to them

I do not protect cheaters however now that we have Battleeye I have not seen any.
Some people have a GeForce 1080 TI graphics card and get 100 fps out of it.
I get 60+ fps and I can say the people who do get better performance can aim properly faster

On 7/29/2018 at 3:24 AM, PersianTiger said:

it is right, a week ago i and my friend were playing in financial district, we ran into a place, we had terrible lags. we moved with cars to another side about 300 meters away from there, the lag been gone. both of us were on team speak. we had the exact same amount of lags, we checked and asked other players in district, they did not have the same problem. the server latency was fine and we did not have packet loss. this became clear when we again had to return to the same location for another objective, the lag was back. 

A few places can do that in Financial and Waterfront if the servers get lag.
The NPC's there might be speaking etc from the event buildings near Grissom for example.
Plus wasn't it last week we were DDoS'ed? combining the two situations might be the cause
21 hours ago, Spherii said:

I've been recording all of my gameplay so far and while I do sometimes feel like some players suddenly become better after being completely destroyed after one death, I've yet to record any blatant cheating. 
This leads to confusing situations, is it cherrypicking? Were they lucky? Experience as a veteran? Am I being paranoid?
As name & shame is not allowed, I will not be dropping names, but I'm mainly talking about the really good people here. Those clans. 
Either way, getting my patootie beat is fine, but the skill distribution in APB is really not very clear when we're all the same threat. Gold. 

If you played against me and this happened it's only from learning your fighting style in time to adapt enough. others might be dethreaters  *shrugs*
19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
GMs CANNOT ban. This has been stated several times already.
All bans are reviewed by actual Little Orbit employees. GMs are just player volunteers.
So true. GM's can not ban.

16 hours ago, xATKx said:

It may be not as counted as hacking but (sorry for naming but theres a point) *omitted name by fortune* was blatantly using some mouse scripts last day. Yet this dude has grown a great reputation by the community.

Yes I seen that person and they semeed like they were to me as well.
16 hours ago, yony8888 said:
On 7/28/2018 at 1:01 PM, Margravine said:

I get the feeling there is a higher percentage of cheaters in APB than LO expected when they took over APB. Everyone knows APB has earned a horrible reputation due to the lack of effort G1 put into not only development but combating cheating. I suspect the majority of legit players have up and quit by this point, the rest of us have just become accustomed to the abuse and have accepted it as part of the APB experience. Everyone else can freely enjoy the game with their cheats because they're for the most part, playing other cheaters and are on a 'fair' playing field in that case. 

We all "know". We currently have community GM's who have experience playing the game and they "know", but as far as those of us still around can see, nothing is being done. That was the purpose of the FairFight announcements, that is what FFBANS gave to those who've continue to play legit, hope and a little satisfaction that the system, though broken - kinda works. I was hoping LO would be putting their foot down but I see the same max ranks God-Toggling when they get pinched. Too many matches being decided by who has the lowest TTK combinations. The weird "Locked" encounters. 

Same old, same old.

no cheaters because LO make update with battleye,but now each website update cheat,and now we will see more and more cheaters each day,like i say bad company buy apb they not have skills for games like apb
They did more than anyone else ever did so how are they bad for buying APB and fixing it again??????
16 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
16 hours ago, xATKx said:

Some of you will start the drama here ffbans were false.. Maybe. But i been around here in apb since 2012 with huge breaks, never been ever kicked by PB or nothing.Here we have to define whats cheat or not. I dunno how you do, but i'd define it as this simply: "something cant be done by a human without extraordinary powers" like a greatly designed macro/no recoil script.

mattscott personally confirmed that he was able to get banned by g1’s fairfight configuration, you can’t really try to invalidate someone else’s experience while at the same time you are pushing your own experience as fact
Thank you
16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
EeR8bZD.png
And thank you as well.

16 hours ago, Sayori said:
#takingthingsoutofcontext
I can get myself banned too if I know what to do to trigger it.  I don't  believe he simply just got banned...
But LO has been trying to hide behind everything they can find to justify letting the  hoards of trash back in the game.
It's sad how cheat related tickets get attention but I've a ticket about something else and it's been 50+ days already without an answer. Priorities.
Imagine recording yourself macroing on ap45 for "april's fools" and getting banned. False ban! Or 3 false bans. What about 15 times.

Please do not breed....
15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
oshit... big owner
I graciously accept the offer to be carried
5fkhE2Q.gif
Princess style or over the shoulder?
9 hours ago, indi said:
22 hours ago, Kat said:
I know you're cheating on me with some fuzzy bunny at mcdonald's indi
Leave the bunnies out of this
Girls with bunny ears +1
The animal suit furries +1 nightmres
Suits need a rework to look better

6 hours ago, SandyBitch said:

Watcha mean with extreme mode?

extreme mode like trying to car surf with your driving at times? Go to driving school woman lol
6 hours ago, Atomkraftwerk said:
6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I like how it is always the noname, lowbies, bronzes/silvers, new players that are the ones to cry about some cheater infestation. Interesting that all the actual decent players and vets don't do it. Hmm.

closets have to hide+protect their cheater buddies,and in a cheater polluted game like APB Competition is destroyed and there are ONLY Fake Golds ,I m respecting more a bad Silver ,than a Fake Gold macro using triggerbot cheater ,u know better where u belong to ....
What?
6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
6 hours ago, SandyBitch said:
Watcha mean with extreme mode? Using mouse and keyboard while actually turningr on your monitor? 😛 as u and most others know, cheaters dont really use their brain to actually put in some effort to fight someone. Cheaters can be outplated rather easy, even tho it sucks to fight em.
Most cheaters before BE were silver anyway. Yeah, they had perfect aim but they had zero gamesense or any idea. So it was like an NPC just walking around stupidly.
Yeah they did rofl
Snipped one over and over for this very thing and then got called a cheater by a cheater rofl
Good times
5 hours ago, Tobii said:
eeeeh.. BE will kick/ban you for using macros.
You get kicked if you have AHK running or have something unrelated to APB using AHK running.
Logitech/Synapse/w.e. will also get you banned since they are simulating clicks and that's what BE looks for.
LO might not have said anything, but macro's or any kind of tool assisting is against TOS.

True Edited by Fortune Runner

2 hours ago, Atomkraftwerk said:
3 hours ago, Tobii said:
AHK is not allowed ,grow up kid 😉
That is not what he said....please re read..... I had to as well so its not just you lol
1 hour ago, Tobii said:
You're the one that needs to grow up. AHK is a normal tool. People use it for work and to automate workflow.
I know you think 90% of players cheat, that's why people only see you as a joke around this place.
AHK = auto hot key for those who do not know
Some have used it for work related things (you know a real job?).....not illegal to use for work or against APB if it has nothing to do with APB
Tobii already stated this but I am restating this to confirm you guys are confusing what he said....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tobii said:
To me.... your just like a kid ,who cant drive his bicycle on his own ,and when he wants to drive ,he use his supporting wheels 😄 real fact

2 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:
To me.... your just like a kid ,who cant drive his bicycle on his own ,and when he wants to drive ,he use his supporting wheels 😄 real fact
Well I would hope one would use their supporting wheels when they want to drive, considering you need someone with a full license in the car with you to be your supporting wheels when you're on your learning license.

7 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:
I can also claim you cheat.. Doesn't make it true though? Cheater.. Learn to play legit :^)

11 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:
>To me
>Real fact
That's not a fact, that's an opinion, similar to how my opinion of you is you're a dumbass, doesn't make it factual though. Edited by Similarities

5 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:
Support wheels? He never said he was cheating he said he uses it for work and it had nothing to do with APB.

Just now, Similarities said:
>To me
>Real fact
That's not a fact, that's an opinion, similar to how my opinion of you is you're a dumbass, doesn't make it factual though.
him being a dumbass is actually a fact
  • Like 1