CookiePuss

Rather than nerf the ntec, just fix IR.

For real, shits been broken for how long now? 
Making that 7m extra ntec range have a downside seems like a good "balance" to me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Or buff almost every other mid range AR?

No reason you cant also fix a broken mod. 
Its not just about the ntec. 
IR is broken on every gun. 

How is it broken exactly?

Edited by Railer
  • Like 1

wrong forum homie

15 minutes ago, Railer said:

How is it broken exactly?

AfKKhWK.png
This part here... It dont do that.

Oh that, well im fairly sure its simply crosshair that doesnt show your actual bloom when using IR, otherwise the gun does gain additional bloom.

1 minute ago, Railer said:

Oh that, well im fairly sure its simply crosshair that doesnt show your actual bloom when using IR, otherwise the gun does gain additional bloom.

You can test it by shooting a wall. It does not.

I feel like this is the counter to the 'N-TECH' thread. Is it?

And give the mod the downside it deserves.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Making that 7m extra ntec range have a downside seems like a good "balance" to me.

What are you even talking about? There is a downside on IR3 and it works on the N-TEC.

2 minutes ago, Crusade said:
4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

What are you even talking about? There is a downside on IR3 and it works on the N-TEC.
There literally isnt. And it literally doesnt.

ir3's downside does work

2 minutes ago, Crusade said:

Alright bud

Does this mean we are friends now? 😍
But yes friend, that is shoddy. 

5 minutes ago, Crusade said:

Alright bud. This is kinda shoddy, but I think it's apparent enough the crosshair is bigger. Just for the record, the modifier essentially raises the cap on the max possible bloom.

This image is WITH IR3.

This image is WITHOUT IR3.

Difference looks minimal in that picture, however let's be honest. Noone uses full auto with ntec unless its ~0-15m, otherwise its tap and burst fire, and IR3 has NO downside as it doesn't actually effect the weapon in a way that it would matter to have a downside for it.

Ex.
EM3- bigger mag, slower reload
Mobility Sling- faster movement in mm, slower equip
CJ3- Increases bloom substantially, increases ROF

Each has a negative that also effects the weapon in a big way, currently IR3 and 3ps3 have no such downsides, as IR3 isn't meant for cqc and it doesn't effect cqc in any substantial way (especially when used on the weapons it's used on), and 3ps3 is just a dumb straight up buff with no downsides at all. Edited by Noob_Guardian

7 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:
Difference looks minimal in that picture, however let's be honest. Noone uses full auto with ntec unless its ~0-15m, otherwise its tap and burst fire, and IR3 has NO downside as it doesn't actually effect the weapon in a way that it would matter to have a downside for it.

Ex.
EM3- bigger mag, slower reload
Mobility Sling- faster movement in mm, slower equip
CJ3- Increases bloom substantially, increases ROF

Each has a negative that also effects the weapon in a big way, currently IR3 and 3ps3 have no such downsides, as IR3 isn't meant for cqc and it doesn't effect cqc in any substantial way (especially when used on the weapons it's used on), and 3ps3 is just a dumb straight up buff with no downsides at all.

I'm going to ignore the talk about the other mods, because this thread is about IR3 specifically. I disagree that the downsides are minimal. Being able to CQC spray-down is one of the strengths of having an NTEC, and reducing that effectiveness cuts into the versatility of the weapon for some extra range.

Now, with that being said. This thread is saying that there is absolutely no downside to IR3 because it's broken and doesn't work properly. I was originally saying that, no it's not broken.

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Does this mean we are friends now? 😍
But yes friend, that is shoddy. 
I already felt like I was taking a lot of extra time to prove you wrong. Could you at least acknowledge that this mod isn't broken?

If there's a  rework every gun and mod to be a wider range of everything and it gives more room for playing with them

It also means learning to use everything all over again kinda like a new APB

It might be what Little Orbit is considering for the future after the  4.0 engine

I wonder what will happen

I am not suggesting this to happen now but I am wondering what the future holds - like throwable jawbreakers to stun people better than a perc

damn it now I want one to eat

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crusade said:

I already felt like I was taking a lot of extra time to prove you wrong. Could you at least acknowledge that this mod isn't broken?
Wait, so we arent friends? 😢
Lemme get some rest and Ill see if I can make a video for you after.
Honestly though this is pretty common knowledge. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Wait, so we arent friends? 😢
Lemme get some rest and Ill see if I can make a video for you after.
Honestly though this is pretty common knowledge. 
Make me a video on how the Yukon is broken while you're at it. Although I know that's not as important.

I confirm, it's downsides do work, the tap fire accuracy takes longer to recover with IR3, and in terms of minimal TTK it does make a difference at range, in CQC its quite disadvantageous as well. I wouldn't mind seeing more actual recoil shown on it though, there I atleast dont really notice a difference.

9 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

I confirm, it's downsides do work, the tap fire accuracy takes longer to recover with IR3, and in terms of minimal TTK it does make a difference at range, in CQC its quite disadvantageous as well. I wouldn't mind seeing more actual recoil shown on it though, there I atleast dont really notice a difference.

it shouldn’t have any effect on tapfiring 

10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
21 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

it shouldn’t have any effect on tapfiring 
The increased accuracy bloom, means nothing more than a bigger spread on accuracy to recover in between shots. So it does affect tap firing, it affects the ROF you can tap fire at. A clanmate of mine who is a hell of a lot better than I am, swears by a non IR3 N-Tec for that reason only. Yes his effective range is lower, but his minimal time to kill within his effective range is lower (Given he needs to tapfire for precision to maintain accuracy of course, on spraying its a different story entirely.)
Dont ask me why, but I own a premodded SD N-HVR which actually has IR3 on it, there you can really notice it, I have to wait quite a bit longer between shots to be accurate, beyond the ROF limit.
Whether IR3 works correctly, and is significant enough in blooming on each gun, I wouldnt know. I have tested this thoroughly. I do know from experience that it makes a hell of a difference on the ALIG. Edited by Slickmund

10 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
The increased accuracy bloom, means nothing more than a bigger spread on accuracy to recover in between shots. So it does affect tap firing, it affects the ROF you can tap fire at. A clanmate of mine who is a hell of a lot better than I am, swears by a non IR3 N-Tec for that reason only. Yes his effective range is lower, but his minimal time to kill within his effective range is lower (Given he needs to tapfire for precision to maintain accuracy of course, on spraying its a different story entirely.)
Dont ask me why, but I own a premodded SD N-HVR which actually has IR3 on it, there you can really notice it, I have to wait quite a bit longer between shots to be accurate, beyond the ROF limit.
Whether IR3 works correctly, and is significant enough in blooming on each gun, I wouldnt know. I have tested this thoroughly. I do know from experience that it makes a hell of a difference on the ALIG.
if it increases maximum reticule bloom tap firing the ntec shouldn’t be affected since it takes several shots for it to reach max bloom
  • Like 2