Nite

Radar Jammer (the orange mod) and its gameplay value

Radar Jammer (The Orange Mod)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. If you've used Radar Jammer, do you find it beneficial?

• I have used Radar Jammer and found it very beneficial
    • I have used Radar Jammer and found it moderately beneficial
    • I have used Radar Jammer and found it slightly beneficial
    • I have used Radar Jammer and found it not beneficial
    • I have not used Radar Jammer
    • [tinfoil] I have used Radar Jammer and suspect it to be actively detrimental

So this has been on my mind for a while now on and off so I decided to make a poll/discussion of it - Radar Jammer. How good is it? Is it good?

Admittedly I myself haven't used it much - the few times I do get the urge I usually forget all about it shortly after before switching it out. I've seen plenty of enemies (and a couple teammates) use it in matches though and usually having it used on me seems to bring about the opposite result of the idea (in missions at least) - instead of adding confusion, it makes me more aware of approaching danger, since it loudly announces its effect and even gives you the enemy graffiti symbol - almost as good as if they'd given away their presence the usual way.

Does Radar Jammer help you when you use it? Or is it largely a waste of time?

i find it useful only for the odd coordinated cqc push or messing with people in fc tbh

if it were to get a buff id like it to disable carspawners within its radius, and perhaps tagger/spotter as well

• Like 3

I've never been too clear on how it works. Does it block out every enemies radar within range? It also says something about them being able to see you or something... the cooldown and duration are too short to be useful.

8 minutes ago, Margravine said:

I've never been too clear on how it works. Does it block out every enemies radar within range? It also says something about them being able to see you or something... the cooldown and duration are too short to be useful.

enemies within 50m of you have their radar covered with whatever symbol you're using, enemies farther than 50m will see you on the radar while the mod is active - iirc you show up just like you're spotted by mobile radar tower

If you are playing against premades using comms, its more of a hindrance than anything since unless the entire enemy team is grouped near you, the ones who arent will simply call out your position.
At best it could allow you to pick off a squad one by one without giving your position away, but again, only if your opp isnt communicating, and only if they are all within the effects of the mod.

dumb radar shit

all radar mods and the radar on hud should be removed they are autistic free wall hacks for no reason

It just lets me know where Deadliest Humanity is playing in FC. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

It can be decent at creating havoc with a silenced pointman weapon against uncoordinated groups, but overall it really isn't worth using instead of Spotter or Blowtorch.

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i find it useful only for the odd coordinated cqc push or messing with people in fc tbh

if it were to get a buff id like it to disable carspawners within its radius, and perhaps tagger/spotter as well

Sure, just what we needed: 40 players spaming radar jammer every single moment.
  • Like 1

you should be able to activate when you jam and it shouldnt have a timer so if you leave it on forever than you just do, but i should be able to toggle it.. sometimes it lets people know ur there.

i like it.

normal players are too stupid to realize that it gives away their position and then they claim u cheat because u knew where they were because they dont know how radar works

radar only became more used due to the shitty nerfs to car spawner

Only time I find Radar Jammer to be somewhat useful is when  I ve got acitivity radar jam 5 people. That way i know how many people are in the area. Outside of that I rly dont see any reason to use it over any other orange mod

• Like 2

Since i spam Spotter mod i would absolutely know it is there, it is however mostly useless on Citadel when you play with randoms since you will hardly nail a proper moment to use it. Being a pure CQC mod for sub and shotty users it can give a vital advantage when trying to empty buildings and rooms - if only you get that perfect moment when your teammates are all in a position suited for breach, undiscovered, and awaiting a signal (yep, never happens).
It makes slightly more sense in a premade group or a team of players who use voice - and more in a group with TS or similar.
Maybe it does indeed need a buff like the one BXNNXD suggested, could make it a lot more interesting to use.

Edited by Sniperturtle

14 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

Maybe it could be reworked so that allies within 50m of the user are made completely invisible to enemy radar/tagging/spotting, but the user shows up constantly at up to max radar range while it is active?

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If you are playing against premades using comms, its more of a hindrance than anything since unless the entire enemy team is grouped near you, the ones who arent will simply call out your position.
At best it could allow you to pick off a squad one by one without giving your position away, but again, only if your opp isnt communicating, and only if they are all within the effects of the mod.

Good point, never thought about the voice comms factor myself. It seems to be something almost tailor made for asylum, which is about the only map I can think of where large batches of enemy players would be that closely clumped for a useful period of time.

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Biased poll is biased.

There's a poll option for everyone, I don't see how it could be biased.

4 hours ago, Railer said:

Only time I find Radar Jammer to be somewhat useful is when I've got activity radar jam 5 people. 

giphy.webp

44 minutes ago, Nite said:

Good point, never thought about the voice comms factor myself. It seems to be something almost tailor made for asylum, which is about the only map I can think of where large batches of enemy players would be that closely clumped for a useful period of time.

Oshit... Imma try that!