Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Facing Same People

Sorry but who thought these MM changes were good? Since these changes all I ever see are the same 3 people in opposed missions. Over and over again spanning several hours. How exactly is it fun having the same games over and over again and how does this encourage ppl to continue playing APB?

we need 50v50 back, another 20 people in the matchmaking pool has a very noticeable difference on team variety

• Like 3

12 hours ago, vsb said:

we need 50v50 back, another 20 people in the matchmaking pool has a very noticeable difference on team variety

I still don't understand why they removed them. Not like it affected performance or network performance when it was around.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vsb said:

What would also help is resetting threat. Just gut the current system and start over with a system that cant be abused as easily. Dethreating has devastated MM to the point where its unfixable.

30 minutes ago, El-Neko said:

I still don't understand why they removed them. Not like it affected performance or network performance when it was around.

Cause the APB servers are so low end and unkept that they struggled in 50 v 50 districts before the rework. Now with so few districts theres no excuse for it not to return especially if they are trying to improve mm

4 hours ago, El-Neko said:

as of this post it was because of performance issues

18 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Sorry but who thought these MM changes were good?

Too many people who would very much give 100% false-feedback if it means they get to s♥mp more to LO.

It is ironic because most of them now decided to lay-low. They can't show face with the current outcome.

Edited by LilyRain

On 9/8/2024 at 10:32 AM, vsb said:

Even 45v45 would be an improvement.

It's fairly screwed up right now, I had a group in a full 40v40 district wait over half an hour between matches

12 minutes ago, MStomm said:

Even 45v45 would be an improvement.

It's fairly screwed up right now, I had a group in a full 40v40 district wait over half an hour between matches

50 v 50 would be the bare minimum  If they want a pool big enough for variety 75 v 75 would be the number

Maybe 45, when it was 50, people were running into each other, 

having to climb over each other to get to a mission.

Even at 40 we still have missions overlapping, as in two missions in 

same area, where ya gotta share a corner with some other team, 

n he shoot some n then i take the same wall corner n do some shooting 

n step back for the other team to use the corner. 

31 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Maybe 45, when it was 50, people were running into each other, 

having to climb over each other to get to a mission.

Even at 40 we still have missions overlapping

I swear its gotten a lot worse, back in the heyday I don't remember many instances of missions overlapping, now I see it multiple times in one mission, sometimes even 3 missions in one place.

I wonder if it has to do with the removal of missions, smaller pool seems like it would mean less variation in suitable locations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vsb said:

as of this post it was because of performance issues

Cause most ppl are over on the east coast? So having to connect to the west coast will increase latency? Cause the APB servers are garbage to begin with? Its all problems on the LO side of things. They removed the better servers (historically east servers performed better) and expect latency to be the same. I made a thread about this but if there only keeping one server bank it should be in the central US so latency is the same for each coast

5 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Cause most ppl are over on the east coast? So having to connect to the west coast will increase latency? Cause the APB servers are garbage to begin with? Its all problems on the LO side of things. They removed the better servers (historically east servers performed better) and expect latency to be the same. I made a thread about this but if there only keeping one server bank it should be in the central US so latency is the same for each coast

I can agree.  I'm in Philadelphia and have really relied on the low latency for dominance.

Slowly and surely this game is dissolving.. but on to your point about the servers they do use.

Is there anyway we can see the specs of what their using?  I would love to know what era of tech they're working with.

On 9/9/2024 at 5:58 PM, CHRISCEO said:

I can agree.  I'm in Philadelphia and have really relied on the low latency for dominance.

Slowly and surely this game is dissolving.. but on to your point about the servers they do use.

Is there anyway we can see the specs of what their using?  I would love to know what era of tech they're working with.

Gl with that. We dont even get specs about what LO does to actively combat hackers. Getting server stats wont happen.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a server spec issue. The tickrate isn't 100% stable, but it's stable enough. It acts the same as when Reloaded would enable the DDoS protection after the servers were attacked. I'm leaning towards their anti-ddos protection not having enough bandwidth, or the service isn't prioritizing APB's traffic properly. I doubt they changed their infrastructure much.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 10:07 PM, BlatMan said:

I don't think it's a server spec issue. The tickrate isn't 100% stable, but it's stable enough. It acts the same as when Reloaded would enable the DDoS protection after the servers were attacked. I'm leaning towards their anti-ddos protection not having enough bandwidth, or the service isn't prioritizing APB's traffic properly. I doubt they changed their infrastructure much.

Not since before the pandemic. But back in 2014 G1 had better servers that didnt crash as much and could handle 50 v 50 matchups without issue. But I believe back in like 2017 (could be off a year) they swapped server locations and providers to what we have now and it was a downgrade. Slower, less reliable servers that forced a downgrade to the 40 v 40 we have now in order to be capable of handling APB. Yes APB is as unoptimized as they come and LO could optimize the game if they so desired to, but it still goes without saying that better servers are needed as server pop has never been lower and the server still struggles. Matts grand matchmaking plan will not work with 40 v 40 where you only get the same opp each match.

On 9/11/2024 at 10:07 PM, BlatMan said:

i think it’s just the unfortunate consequence of being a low priority customer wherever they host the virtual servers

I was watching the AMA a few nights ago and quite a lot of talk was dedicated to matchmaking, with some talk around cross-district matchmaking possibly coming in the next big patch, so I guess it's a case of wait and see. Would be a big improvement and would fix this problem for sure.

On 9/9/2024 at 7:10 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

50 v 50 would be the bare minimum  If they want a pool big enough for variety 75 v 75 would be the number

or just remove factions and give us cross faction mm

Edited by RealSlimShady
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Not since before the pandemic. But back in 2014 G1 had better servers that didnt crash as much and could handle 50 v 50 matchups without issue. But I believe back in like 2017 (could be off a year) they swapped server locations and providers to what we have now and it was a downgrade. Slower, less reliable servers that forced a downgrade to the 40 v 40 we have now in order to be capable of handling APB. Yes APB is as unoptimized as they come and LO could optimize the game if they so desired to, but it still goes without saying that better servers are needed as server pop has never been lower and the server still struggles. Matts grand matchmaking plan will not work with 40 v 40 where you only get the same opp each match.

The servers were unstable back then. It was originally the hardware. Reloaded tried hosting their own physical servers, called Overkill, using desktop hardware and overclocking it. I remember the overkill servers crashing all the time. Later on the DDoS attacks would take out districts. Reloaded would turn off DDoS protection after maintenance, the servers would go offline, then the DDoS was turned back on. Hit registration was near perfect without the DDoS protection, excluding the high ping lag compensation. When the DDoS protect was on, hit registration was like the way it is currently, broken.

Character slots were given out when a region would go offline for an extended period, so players could play in other regions temporarily. I received at least 6 character slots.

I don't know who Reloaded was using for DDoS protection. Little Orbit was using Path Network Inc, Path.net.

6 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

The servers were unstable back then. It was originally the hardware. Reloaded tried hosting their own physical servers, called Overkill, using desktop hardware and overclocking it. I remember the overkill servers crashing all the time. Later on the DDoS attacks would take out districts. Reloaded would turn off DDoS protection after maintenance, the servers would go offline, then the DDoS was turned back on. Hit registration was near perfect without the DDoS protection, excluding the high ping lag compensation. When the DDoS protect was on, hit registration was like the way it is currently, broken.

Character slots were given out when a region would go offline for an extended period, so players could play in other regions temporarily. I received at least 6 character slots.

I don't know who Reloaded was using for DDoS protection. Little Orbit was using Path Network Inc, Path.net.

They were attacked more so DDOS was on more. DDOs def messed with stuff but the servers better handled a 50 v 50

might aswell remove threat/reset threat because its kinda stupid that im getting bronze level 9s vs all golds always. like just get rid of threat if all its doing is making the better players want to leave this game cause of unplayable matchmaking

7 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

might aswell remove threat/reset threat because its kinda stupid that im getting bronze level 9s vs all golds always. like just get rid of threat if all its doing is making the better players want to leave this game cause of unplayable matchmaking

Unfortunately as long as the mm pool is 40 people you will never have good matchmaking. It’s not the mm code it’s the reality of how APB is set up. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

you will never have good matchmaking

As long as Matt purposely puts the rare legit against Golds, Hackers, Trolls.

Purposely rented or got an unviable AC EAC knowing it wouldn't stop hackers.

Then the Bypass code for eac, and that eac never banned anyone for hacks cuz all 

the hax were still there. So the Hog-wash that it had false banned for hacking is just that, Hog wash.

Then they lie again n put in sard but unleash thousands of hax from the FF days.

Then after unleashing them, puts in a contact in the hack heavy water front and forces 

legit max ranks to remax and fight all those hackers he put in. 

He allows the hacking by not banning, he allows the chat trolling by not banning, 

he allows the mission blocking, he allows criminal gangs to steal xp in very long levels.

They lowered the servers from 50 to 40 to keep the legit player out so its longer to remax. 

They haven't hired anyone to sit in district and watch said hackers and trolls. 

All the guns are worthless against hackers, he won't fix that and super buff them.

Matt doesn't want rightful MM, he wants legits to fight straight hackers. 

Not being a 'Reporter' doesn't help, they attack you more for not buying hax or reporting said hax. 

No reason to report cuz matt already knows who the hackers and toxic trolls are. 

He lets them in to stop legits from playing or leveling back up. 

No reason to play a fully hackers game, 4 more levels on one max to finish then im 

done with Matts Lies, I'm Out.. 

On 9/9/2024 at 5:50 AM, El-Neko said:

i love your avatar, did u made it ?