Nakshmi

East servers dissapeared

So what happened to the east servers?
We can all agree that the player base was mostly supported by the east servers right? I just entered today and found only west servers and therefore very few players playing. Looks like suddenly the game died after its glorious revival.

9 hours ago, Nakshmi said:

We can all agree that the player base was mostly supported by the east servers right? 

I don't know what happened to the east servers but compared to NA, EU servers usually have more than twice the players online at peak times.

its not that deep bro, servers went down for maintenance and when they came up west coast players jumped on first

12 hours ago, ColorBauss said:

I don't know what happened to the east servers but compared to NA, EU servers usually have more than twice the players online at peak times.

You know I meant players over this side of the pond...

Hello everyone, please read the update from Matt about the NA East servers in the quote below.

Hey everyone, We've received a couple questions about the NA East servers, so I want to provide a quick update.

After doing some analysis, we found that the current setup for NA East was very underutilized and often empty. As a result, we are reassessing potential new server locations to better serve our community, including developing a new strategy specifically for players in the NA East region. I appreciate your patience while we reorganize.

Thank you, finally something being said. So just gotta wait then. But I'd like to know what does he mean by 'NA East was very underutilized and often empty'? I mean east is the choice of the majority of players from jericho so I don't really follow what he means by that.

DEVS: What else can we do to kill this game... shutdown servers where most of NA play in?? GREAT IDEA!

2 hours ago, MageLO said:

Hello everyone, please read the update from Matt about the NA East servers in the quote below.

If I read between the lines here...
it means we finally get to export characters and assets to EU?

West servers are giving me mental health problems, please expedite!

1 hour ago, Nakshmi said:

Thank you, finally something being said. So just gotta wait then. But I'd like to know what does he mean by 'NA East was very underutilized and often empty'? I mean east is the choice of the majority of players from jericho so I don't really follow what he means by that.

Yeah, due to timezones, the East servers got populated first, and since most players want opp, they join the populated servers, so the East servers were always at Capacity.

While we all know that West is Best, and East is Least (RIP Colby), claiming that East was "underutilized and often empty" is just flat out wrong for the most of the week, unless you look at very specific times, like maybe 4am EDT. when the main playerbase is asleep.

My wild speculation- They need an excuse to move the servers to a cheaper location, so they just said something that sounds plausible if you don't think about it too much.

Shove the US servers in Texas or Florida. Half the pop is from Brazil. It doesn't make sense to keep them so far north in the US.

3 hours ago, MageLO said:

Did yall mixup East and West or are you just switching servers because its too expensive to run?   West servers are god awful for stable ping and were only ever used when EAST servers were full. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Did yall mixup East and West or are you just switching servers because its too expensive to run?   West servers are god awful for stable ping and were only ever used when EAST servers were full. 

matt's smoking crack fr had to sell east servers for more crack.

6 hours ago, MageLO said:

matt's outright wrong east always has more pop than west. only reason west ever has anyone on is sea/aus. colby died once already you can't tell me west has more pop.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MonkaS said:

matt's smoking crack fr had to sell east servers for more crack.

matt's outright wrong east always has more pop than west. only reason west ever has anyone on is sea/aus. colby died once already you can't tell me west has more pop.

I bet they mixed up their east/west configuration, and that's why hitreg is so bad some days.

Since the update, East has been loaded; it might be worth reviewing the recent activity analysis. West is double the latency for most East side connections. It's unfortunate because the performance over the past few weeks had been the best I've experienced in years. To good to be true I guess. Uhh Byee

• Like 1

Hot take from a humble west enjoyer: It's better this way ♥

1 hour ago, Cocoonutz said:

Hot take from a humble west enjoyer: It's better this way ♥

I guess teleporting around on other people's screens while getting good hitreg is better for me too.

On 8/30/2024 at 10:48 AM, MageLO said:

Is MattScott on something? East servers are literally the ones populated 99% of the time. Most of NA's population isn't from NA (it's primarily Brazilians migrated from the shuttered Hoplon servers), and they get best connection to the East servers. For the minority of players (actual NA players, what little remains of the Asians and SEA, etc), they just end up on East servers anyways because of this (which keeps the East servers the populated ones between maints). The West servers get populated maybe once every few months, at best.

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2024 at 1:19 AM, Hexerin said:

Is MattScott on something? East servers are literally the ones populated 99% of the time. Most of NA's population isn't from NA (it's primarily Brazilians migrated from the shuttered Hoplon servers), and they get best connection to the East servers. For the minority of players (actual NA players, what little remains of the Asians and SEA, etc), they just end up on East servers anyways because of this (which keeps the East servers the populated ones between maints). The West servers get populated maybe once every few months, at best.

You've conceded why they did it in your comment, it's better for international players. Oceanic and Asian players would have a real horrible time on US East which is why there's so few of us now. We use to have a dedicated server in HAN before it got killed off because of player count. It was actually healthier when it was hosted in AUS though many SEA players would refuse to admit it because at least you had a good amount of dedicated Australian players who'd get on everyday keeping the server going. 

Europeans are essentially served already with their own servers so the East Coast servers would only serve East Coasters and Southern Americans. Maybe that's the thought behind the server change, honestly I'd hope to one day see an SEA server again but I know it'd never happen with how ill the population is but it was nice to come back this week to see the update for the little time I played. 

On 8/30/2024 at 5:23 PM, BlatMan said:

Shove the US servers in Texas or Florida. Half the pop is from Brazil. It doesn't make sense to keep them so far north in the US.

yup, and other people from south america would take advantage of that too.