Ichinose

When will OCA Whisper be nerfed

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the oca was already perfectly balanced imo, the incredible ease of use was offset by merely having an average ttk

additionally the oca’s out-of-nowhere buff threw the rest of the cqc balance out of wack, since it now offers the same ttk has “hard to use” guns (tommy gun, aces smg, etc) but retains the ease of use that these guns don’t have

You have a point.

So , should we start a "nerf the oca" thread and watch the forum burn?

1 minute ago, Zealocke said:

You have a point.

i’m pretty sure a majority of people would be fine with the oca returning to a .7s ttk 

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i’m pretty sure a majority of people would be fine with the oca returning to a .7s ttk 

ill bring the guitar and the marshmellows anyway Edited by Zealocke

7 minutes ago, Zealocke said:
You have a point.

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

SbEna2E.gif

It's such an RNG cannon that you can defeat it quite often in CQC, just lower the TTK back to 0.7 seconds and it'll be fine. I've no issues going up against OCA/PMG users with a Carbine in CQC, if you out position them then you should win no problem.

Lets see the facts. (According to APB Db v2)

Glossary : Gun/TTK/BTK/Dropoff/ROF

TTK: Time to Kill
BTK: Bullets to kill
ROF: Rate of fire (bullets per seg)

ALL STATS ARE BASE WITHOUT MODS

Normal OCA : 0,64segs/6shots/30m/0.09segs 
OCA Whisper : 0,64segs/6 Shots/50m/0.09segs - only difference is the hard damage from 15 to 13 and more range

vs other SMGs:
Agrotech ACES: 0,63segs/15shots/30m/0,05segs - This one actually has similar stats to an OCA but it has weird pattern recoil and shoots too fast. Also has more BTK
Colby M-1922: 0,67segs/10shots/30m/0.08segs -  Again weird recoil pattern and more BTK
Colby PMG : 0,70segs/5shots/35m/0,18segs - Kills with 1 less bullet and has a little more range but shoots A LOT slower
H-9 Curse : 0,77segs/10shots/30m/0,09segs - Poor thing, thanks god it will be buffed.
Norseman : 0,79segs/11shots/30m/0,08segs - Only adv is large magazine (60), this also needs a buff.
S1-NA Manic: 0,64segs/9shots/35m/0,08segs - This one is actually a balanced OCA 😛 (need recoil test)
VAS-C2: 0,63segs/7shots/35m/0,11segs - another balanced OCA... who would have known! (need recoil test)

If you see the stats, OCA is kinda balanced.. however the amount of BTK for it is WAY TOO LOW for a 0,09segs shooting gun.

Whisper is outright broken.. 50m falloff?? with just 2 points of hard damage penalty?? seriously??. Somebody confirm me this.

I really hope my info is correct however i dunno how continuously is the updating of db v2.

Edited by Zealocke

friendly reminder that the kris / whisper cant hit shit at 50m
friendly reminder that ttk isnt everything

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

friendly reminder that the kris / whisper cant hit shit at 50m

yeah but means that from 30 to 50 you can.. full damage 0.0 with a 6 hit killer. Edited by Zealocke

15 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

OCA Whisper : 0,64segs/6 Shots/50m/0.09segs - only difference is the hard damage from 15 to 13 and more range

vs other SMGs:
Agrotech ACES: 0,63segs/15shots/30m/0,05segs - This one actually has similar stats to an OCA but it has weird pattern recoil and shoots too fast. Also has more BTK
Colby M-1922: 0,67segs/10shots/30m/0.08segs -  Again weird recoil pattern and more BTK
Colby PMG : 0,70segs/5shots/35m/0,18segs - Kills with 1 less bullet and has a little more range but shoots A LOT slower
H-9 Curse : 0,77segs/10shots/30m/0,09segs - Poor thing, thanks god it will be buffed.
Norseman : 0,79segs/11shots/30m/0,08segs - Only adv is large magazine (60), this also needs a buff.
S1-NA Manic: 0,64segs/9shots/35m/0,08segs - This one is actually a balanced OCA 😛 (need recoil test)
VAS-C2: 0,63segs/7shots/35m/0,11segs - another balanced OCA... who would have known! (need recoil test)

If you see the stats, OCA is kinda balanced.. however the amount of BTK for it is WAY TOO LOW for a 0,09segs shooting gun.

Whisper is outright broken.. 50m falloff?? with just 2 points of hard damage penalty?? seriously??.

I really hope my info is correct however i dunno how continuously is the updating of db v2.

• aces smg is far less forgiving than the oca, which was the tradeoff for its (at the time) low ttk, now the oca does it better
  • colby m-1922 needs ADS for optimal use and has fairly high recoil, a tradeoff it makes for low ttk which the oca doesnt have to make
  • colby pmg can directly compete with the oca and can also outrange it fairly easily
  • h-9 curse is getting buffed at least
  • norseman lol
  • s1-na manic is pretty close to the oca but it has stronger recoil and is slightly less forgiving
  • vas c2 needs ADS for optimal use and iirc suffers from bloom issues, but i havent used it in a while

the whispers 50m dropoff while ridiculous is almost never a factor in any fight, the base accuracy of the gun makes firing at targets even 15m rng

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

yeah but means that from 30 to 50 you can.. full damage 0.0 with a 6 hit killer.
yep, you can get assists from 30m to 50m, but you aint getting solo kills... and the trade off is no cooling jacket

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
  • aces smg is far less forgiving than the oca, which was the tradeoff for its (at the time) low ttk, now the oca does it better
  • colby m-1922 needs ADS for optimal use and has fairly high recoil, a tradeoff it makes for low ttk which the oca doesnt have to make
  • colby pmg can directly compete with the oca and can also outrange it fairly easily
  • norseman lol
  • s1-na manic is very pretty close to the oca but it has stronger recoil and is slightly less forgiving
  • vas c2 needs ADS for optimal use and iirc suffers from bloom issues, but i havent used it in a while

the whispers 50m dropoff while ridiculous is almost never a factor in any fight, the base accuracy of the gun makes firing at targets even 15m rng
so basically every smg (except the PMG) has something to make it less forgiving than the OCA except the OCA itself..

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
  • norseman lol
  • s1-na manic is very pretty close to the oca but it has stronger recoil and is slightly less forgiving

so basically every smg (except the PMG) has something to make it less forgiving than the OCA except the OCA itself..
yes

like i said the oca was originally balanced as extremely easy to use and in return that meant other (more powerful) options were better but only if the drawbacks could be mastered

Wha? OCA always been 8 hits to kill. No way, I need to check that now.

3 minutes ago, Zealocke said:
This is the proof, that APB is not p2w :classic_biggrin:

So we have enough proof to ask for a nerf i guess..

But if they nerf it... APB becomes P2W.????

-M1922, Manic, and Vas-C2 are much more likely to min ttk than the oca
-pmg and curse have greater range
-ACES smg is well... its has to be two bursted outside of yukon range... its not great

If you think it's so OP, use it, abuse it. Don't let others have all the fun.

• Like 1

The Sub Machine Gun group in this game is one of the more meticulously yet fragile balances in the game, and in my opinion it should not be touched on a weapon per weapon basis. If one changes they all need to.

12 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

If you think it's so OP, use it, abuse it. Don't let others have all the fun.

So.. what if i like another smg?. Im forced to gimp myself.
I shouldnt be forced to use just one gun to be "competitive" let alone to use the 3 most used on this game.

Don't touch my Whisper, like really it doesn't need to be nurfed at all if you know how to use it the PMG can out shoot a whisper it takes less shots to kill then a whisper does.

6 hours ago, Zealocke said:

ALL STATS ARE BASE WITHOUT MODS

Where did you get the idea that OCA is 6 shots to kill? o.O

Just revert the OCAs buff and everything is fine no reason to complain that much

• Like 1