Jump to content
Sgt.Forge

Request Regarding Roles and R&D weapons, and making more armas bought items account-unlocked

Recommended Posts

While I am glad to hear of some of the new changes already soon to be added and looking forward to future updates, I do have some things I absolutely would like to see changed if it has not already been considered. First of all on this subject I wanted to bring up the R&D weapons. Now, I know they are currently on armas, but the current prices of things for account lifetime unlocks are still somewhat on the extreme (more on that in a bit). My request about them is that for those of us who invest time and effort into building the weapon role ranks, could you take the 10-day leases off of the R&D's? It would certainly feel far more rewarding and worth the effort if we can unlock those for permanent use on that character after all the efforts rather than leasing. I feel like the roles should be made to mean something more than mere titles and mod unlocks.

Now onto the other matter, account unlocks. I understand there is still plenty to be worked on, I get that, but my request here would be if you would make things such as vehicle kits and gear account-bound by default rather than only to the character we logged as when getting them. And although the time when I got them was long before the start of when you guys took over, a good example of this would be the waragi vehicle kit used on nulander pioneers and the tactical gear bundle. If such items are made account-bound in the future, I'd hope the same could be retroactively applied to the ones I claimed back then. The aspect of nearly everything being on a per character basis is what would cause players like myself to avoid any purchases other than perhaps a single time and nothing more.

And finally I just want to say once again that I am glad to hear of the new changes coming along, and that I look forward to what is in store later down the road. I understand there is plenty to be done for possible improvements to the game, but I hope that you will also take the time to look through this discussion and take the requests here into consideration.

Edited by Sgt.Forge
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree on the Roles; some of them are pretty huge achievements for what seems like a backhanded pay-off. Perhaps if they knew putting the time in for 10,000 sniper kills unlocked a permanent R&D sniper people would be more inclined to try and meet the requirement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MaxJedburgh said:

I have to agree on the Roles; some of them are pretty huge achievements for what seems like a backhanded pay-off. Perhaps if they knew putting the time in for 10,000 sniper kills unlocked a permanent R&D sniper people would be more inclined to try and meet the requirement.

 

What if it was at 20k (Role 16) along with the Chrome skin?
Game needs money sinks and reasons to purchase from ARMAS.
APB$ is too easy to acquire and not easy enough to spend.
Apart from the 20% market tax. That's way too high. You should at least get something useful from a sink, not just a black hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don’t think adding permanent weapons as regular ingame rewards is a great idea tbh

 

i’d rather they added most of the armas exclusive weapons to the role tiers, imo that would make leveling roles more rewarding

 

 

for example:

rifleman level 5 unlocks atac 0slot

rifleman level 10 unlocks atac 1slot

rifleman level 15 unlocks atac 2slot 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting idea, for sure. But even so, when you really think about it though, how many would actually make the effort and invest into building up their roles if all there really was to look forward to are just more lease sinks and a few titles? If the only reasoning against it is apb$, there's still plenty of sources to use it for in the game even if the R&D types were made full access without leases. Given how much investment is needed just to get those roles built up, having the R&D unlocks alone made accessible for permanent use on the character people made the efforts to clear them on would mean a lot more than adding more and more leases. Even just doing that for tier 2 or tier 3 of them would mean something more significant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 3 slot is like what 30k? If you play 3 missions per day you'll have made enough by day 10 to pay for it back. It's not as if it's particularly hard to keep up on weapons. Not to mention most don't need any slots to be near their max effectiveness and mods typically are more flavor than actual major upgrades save for a few instances.

 

You also don't need to have more than one type of weapon for each role on hand anything more is just icing on the cake. Would be cool with no slot or even 1 slot weapons unlocking as permanent but not more than that. Once you do that, then apb$ becomes useless and prices for everything will become wildly out of whack.

 

I'd love to see some armas weapons be unlockable through roles though. I don't remember but I don't think they're more expensive on armas if they're exclusive to it, the pricing has always been around the popularity iirc.

Edited by Sidewayz24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a forum role for correct section usage? how are some people able to understand the point of the suggestions section? Is the search function non existent?

 

surprise surprise, there happen to be similar threads on this anyway (in the right section from the start)!

 

have the discussion there. Sorry, it is just irritating.

 

acct bound stuff:

role related:

 

 

Edited by Captain Teemo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Captain Teemo No disrespect or anything intended, but at the time I was not aware such posts existed when I wrote this. If nothing else, perhaps having this posted topic would still have helped contribute towards these ideas being noticed and considered. That alone would at least still make this worth posting. I did notice there on both pages there have not even been a single comment made yet other than reactions. That's not to say they haven't been noticed, but I would hope the new owners of the game will take notice just the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sgt.Forge said:

@Captain Teemo No disrespect or anything intended, but at the time I was not aware such posts existed when I wrote this. If nothing else, perhaps having this posted topic would still have helped contribute towards these ideas being noticed and considered. That alone would at least still make this worth posting. I did notice there on both pages there have not even been a single comment made yet other than reactions. That's not to say they haven't been noticed, but I would hope the new owners of the game will take notice just the same.

I understand. But that's the point of the search function. plus, this thread is still in the wrong section and causes unnecessary clutter, noise, and takes attention away from threads that are not suggestions and actually discussions. You aren't the only one in the wrong. while I pretty much sound like a backseat moderator at this point, its (from a forum standpoint), just something that clearly has a structure and people are failing to follow.

 

as for the threads mentioned, the sections are there for the LO to quickly look at rather than rummaging through hundreds of posts in the same section. Think of it like flairs on a decent subreddit.

 

those threads obviously have been looked at by people given the reactions and views alone. one shouldn't try to circumvent forum structure to generate a response from LO. the organization is there for a reason and all you are doing is going against that because you didn't want to follow it. lust clearly did it twice, now I'm using her threads as an example to make a point out of you and derail this discussion. You can easily just request this thread to be closed and just bump her threads btw...you can be the first reply.

 

since 2011, devs rarely post on suggestions as is...plus her threads were recreated from the old forums...which did have a ton of discussion...but G1 never did anything as we all know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sgt.Forge said:

Understood then. I'll try to keep that in mind for future posts.

on the bright side, we had a discussion in the right section 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

i don’t think adding permanent weapons as regular ingame rewards is a great idea tbh

 

i’d rather they added most of the armas exclusive weapons to the role tiers, imo that would make leveling roles more rewarding

 

 

for example:

rifleman level 5 unlocks atac 0slot

rifleman level 10 unlocks atac 1slot

rifleman level 15 unlocks atac 2slot 

Something like this or an exclusive weapon at rank 16 for each role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would not mind a permanent version of the 3 slot ntec stock model at all which you unlock for lease at rifleman 16. Its the only one I like to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raichu said:

Would not mind a permanent version of the 3 slot ntec stock model at all which you unlock for lease at rifleman 16. Its the only one I like to use.

Yeah but "permanence" is the only reason to buy most ARMAS guns.

I'd worry that unlockable permanent weapons would hurt sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah but "permanence" is the only reason to buy most ARMAS guns.

I'd worry that unlockable permanent weapons would hurt sales.

 

Also what about those of use who bought these guns long ago when there was no way that you could ever get a permanent any weapon besides a stock star and snub. 

 

Too many ways for it to go bad imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding the 3 slot ntec stock gun to armas would also be fine, I just want that gun permanent so bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sidewayz24 said:

 

Also what about those of use who bought these guns long ago when there was no way that you could ever get a permanent any weapon besides a stock star and snub. 

 

Too many ways for it to go bad imo.

as much as i dont like this idea thats not really an issue - you bought the gun and you used the gun, it becoming free later on has no bearing on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BXNNXD said:

as much as i dont like this idea thats not really an issue - you bought the gun and you used the gun, it becoming free later on has no bearing on that

I don't care, but you telling me this community wouldn't have a fit? I bought them for convenience, not to be in the meta or whatever. I just got tired of having to keep up on certain weapons I frequently swapped to, so found it less work to just always have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sidewayz24 said:

I don't care, but you telling me this community wouldn't have a fit? I bought them for convenience, not to be in the meta or whatever. I just got tired of having to keep up on certain weapons I frequently swapped to, so found it less work to just always have them.

oh im sure they would, i just dont think orbit should listen to them if they decide to go down this road

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zoehh said:

What if it was at 20k (Role 16) along with the Chrome skin?
Game needs money sinks and reasons to purchase from ARMAS.
APB$ is too easy to acquire and not easy enough to spend.
Apart from the 20% market tax. That's way too high. You should at least get something useful from a sink, not just a black hole.

Well to be honest until you have most of your roles maxed for modifications you can spend the money it's just comes down to the point once you have your main weapons outfitted and now you want to save up for a legendary that is on the market in social, other than that there really isn't much to spend on with in game money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

buying a 2 slot ntec every 10 days isn't too expensive, it's basically like having the gun permanently on that character alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Permanent character-bound weapon for completing weapon role?... ... Wait that actually makes sense. Sure, that sound like good idea.

 

"Chrome" skin for getting max out is pretty lame and totally out of place reward in my eyes (and i didn't feel so special about completing AR role either)

 

Edited by Mitne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah but "permanence" is the only reason to buy most ARMAS guns.

I'd worry that unlockable permanent weapons would hurt sales.

I doubt that anyone who grinds Role 16 for a type of a gun hasn't already spent a small fortune in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -Dan- said:

I doubt that anyone who grinds Role 16 for a type of a gun hasn't already spent a small fortune in the game

Fair point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...