Sign in to follow this  
hapygirl

what all did apb do better than gta online?

i want to start with their insurance phonecall shit, it used to be fine but when your car gets blown up pretty much every 20 seconds or atleast once every other mission, i wish you didnt have to memorize 25 button presses just to get your car back 😕

• Like 1

Camera anchor swapping outside of cover

Gunplay better suited for PvP

Movement (APB probably has the best movement out of all TPS games even now)

• Like 3

The game's atmosphere and the way to join districts are better. No need to load multiple times above the clouds.

But... APB was substantially better at losing players by consistently doing the opposite of players wanted over a full-decade. Prime examples include:

- Disgusting Joker Mystery Box stunts by G1 prior to LO.

- Wasting 2 years of development on a battle royale mode (RIOT) that the majority of the community didn't want. It had a reasonable grasp at the mode then finally outright killed it by making it again a copy&paste of all the existing issues in action districts (imagine buying your actual loadout and to also keep it after dying. That's no longer akin to battle royale, literally the worst execution of all existing battle royales today given APB's potential was present).

- Janking the meta and loadout strategies through multiple nerfs and reverts that doesn't even change anything.

- Slowing the game down through nerfs based on pure-distaste.

- Partially reverting failed nerfs while keeping the jank (e.g HVR's damage magically depending on crosshair-size, effectively making it a sci-fi charge rifle)

- Destroying and outright neglecting quite the number of throw-tier weapons.

- Allowing configs to exist and players to outright remove smoke to immediately see through explosions even after the Engine Update is now out (which was the declared deadline prior).

And the list goes on..

--------------------------

Don't get me wrong but while APB has nice things over GTA Online, the playerbases speak better.

APB has killer problems that were not addressed for years and as previous attempts have shown, they will stay intact for another decade.

By simply just having an Audi A8 and Chrysler 300c, and better character customization 

That's about it 

Edited by Bruhd101

APB gives you the ability to be who you want to be and without many of the limitations other games have. No game has equaled the creation aspect of the game, and i doubt any future game will, being that they will lock things behind paywalls.  The idea of the game is all about community and a community which awards creation and not just what you shoot. As you all know, it hasnt been harnessed properly but the embers are still there and i believe can still be re-ignighted.Yes its a gun game in a city that has a backstory, with interesting characters. The missions if everybody is playing fairly can be the most fun you can have in any game. I still have many great memories, funny memories, annoying memories of in game occurences. Good friends, come and gone. But the game is a lot more then that.

Many people work towards buying a new weapon. You can do this by going in game and competing in missions. You can also do this by creating clothing, logos, vehicles, music. Rewarding the creation side of somebodys brain is something that you really cant get anywhere else. Its rewading in itself when you see somebody wearing and enjoying something that you have made, or hearing the music you have made when you have been killed by them. There were days in which players would DJ and players would go to the club and listen to the music, not to mention showcasing there cars because it meant something.

There are many frustrations with the game and you see many people post about these frustrations. These frustrations or hate are simply love for the game, wanting the game to succeed. If they didnt care for the game, they wouldnt post at all. Yes there is a group of blood suckers in the game. But they secretly love the game also. I just wish they would care for the community more then just trying to flex.

• Like 2

The camera switch/ hand switch right x left mechanics while firing...

no FPS game in third person have this and this sense of fullness, controll, free movement all togheter while moving. playing your character -.- fps game with bs fantasy mechanics excluded

Edited by PingOVER9000

7 hours ago, Frosi said:

bring back actual movement.

bring back jumpscout

bring back sprint shooting

#makeAPBfunagain

Your character doesn't have a 50 meter turning circle
Your character doesn't act like they're trying to climb a mountain in 50 kilos of gear when you're walking on a 1 degree incline
Your character doesn't stop and fall to their death at the edge of a rooftop after you pressed the button to jump to the other building
Your character immediately fires when you click the mouse
Overall on foot controls don't feel like they were deliberately made to be as awkward as possible

Shoulder swap - why is this not a thing in every TPS game?

There are no half an hour long animations for things you're gonna be doing every 10 minutes

The menus in APB might be clunky but unlike the interaction menu in GTAO they don't look or function like a trainer for San Andreas

Clothes look like they were ripped from a N64 game in both games but one of them isn't 110GB

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ezmegaz68 said:

literally bars, honestly rdr2 was good i guess but im worried they're gonna like copy paste the movement from gta 5 to gta 6 and its gonna suck llol

1 hour ago, ezmegaz68 said:

Clothes look like they were ripped from a N64 game in both games but one of them isn't 110GB

Well the said thing being 110 had a lot of vehicles they are either forgotten or used for lot reasons going from racing and cruising to the worst of them griefing and etc, with more interiors either being copy pasted or actually different and letting me put 60 cars in there or letting me play random games based on popular 2d arcade games in the 80s and 90s

While a bunch of the cars got more customization than the average racing games after 2012 

some literally have hardly anything 

Majority of mission either being the most half assed mission I've played or one that made me have the feeling that someone was writing fire like gunna while getting the ideas for the mission.

Then there's this where it got a bunch of weapons reskins and a corvette (which I do drive a lot, so it's not really a bad thing) but with awful front bumpers options 

Edited by Bruhd101

Most of the game is not client sided.

Edited by BlatMan

shits so easy to start a mission in apb too, you press k

in gta you gotta call somebody and ask if its OKAY to do a mission because of a 15 minute cooldown timer or go into some big patootie building and SLOWLY sit down at a desk to press like 2 buttons

Edited by hapygirl

1 hour ago, Bruhd101 said:

Well the said thing being 110 had a lot of vehicles they are either forgotten or used for lot reasons going from racing and cruising to the worst of them griefing and etc, with more interiors either being copy pasted or actually different and letting me put 60 cars in there or letting me play random games based on popular 2d arcade games in the 80s and 90s

While a bunch of the cars got more customization than the average racing games after 2012 

some literally have hardly anything 

Majority of mission either being the most half assed mission I've played or one that made me have the feeling that someone was writing fire like gunna while getting the ideas for the mission.

Then there's this where it got a bunch of weapons reskins and a corvette (which I do drive a lot, so it's not really a bad thing) but with awful front bumpers options 

Yeah I know there's a lot more in that 110GB than just clothes but at this point I'd honestly rather have them make the game 200GB if it means 90% of clothes won't look like they're from Vice City

Or release a separate HD texture pack like Sleeping Dogs and Siege did

5 hours ago, hapygirl said:

shits so easy to start a mission in apb too, you press k

in gta you gotta call somebody and ask if its OKAY to do a mission because of a 15 minute cooldown timer or go into some big patootie building and SLOWLY sit down at a desk to press like 2 buttons

I don't know if it's because I've played GTA V for so long, but 

at the same time Waiting for a match in apb 60% of the time feels like it takes longer than pressing up and getting into a mission and waiting for 5-15 minutes on PS4 and waiting 5 more minutes and additionally waiting more because someone f'd up early in the mission 

just to be paired up with rookies who would vanish halfway through the match and me(some silver) vs Ex-Military Assassins 

at the same time, I could say the same with GTA O as I do all that just for someone to also leave for absolutely no reason and I have to start allover again 

Edited by Bruhd101

6 hours ago, hapygirl said:

literally bars, honestly rdr2 was good i guess but im worried they're gonna like copy paste the movement from gta 5 to gta 6 and its gonna suck llol

Its weird that what i was hoping thats they were going to do in the new GTA. But i am on the fence about getting it to be honest. After all the horror stories about people being hacked through it. Losing their accounts. hackers dont even have to be logged into the game to kick somebody from the server its so poorly run. I suppose APB does actually have better protection from cheaters then GTA/RDO 🤓

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

Its weird that what i was hoping thats they were going to do in the new GTA. But i am on the fence about getting it to be honest. After all the horror stories about people being hacked through it. Losing their accounts. hackers dont even have to be logged into the game to kick somebody from the server its so poorly run. I suppose APB does actually have better protection from cheaters then GTA/RDO 🤓

Thankfully I got banned (because they found out about the +250m I was making) before the situation got worse, but am even surprised they bothered to do something about it, I guess because  we're losing potential customers in PC despite how little they care about Pc, looking at most ports of Rockstar games or some really great games like Midnight club 3 and LA not being in PC

Edited by Bruhd101

i think apb did ammo better too, in gta you have to constantly go around to either a gun store or the menus to buy ammo, but in apb you just... walk up to a kiosk and you get ammo

and health too. here you have clotting agent, which i guess is kind of level locked, but health in gta is such a joke. the higher your level, the more health you have, up until like level 200 or so

so playing gta as a lowlevel is nearly impossible, while in apb you could make a whole new account and become gold in your first missions from top fragging

i'd much rather have dedicated machines for spawning vehicles instead of a mechanic that SOMETIMES delivers your car next to you, anyway

Edited by hapygirl

9 hours ago, hapygirl said:

and health too. here you have clotting agent, which i guess is kind of level locked, but health in gta is such a joke. the higher your level, the more health you have, up until like level 200 or so

so playing gta as a lowlevel is nearly impossible,

Idk about you but popping of a lvl 8000 griefer who is trying to kill you with a laser minigun as a new player (1-10) with a saw-off shotgun several times felt a lot easier than trying to kill a gold at least than 1 time to finally get thought task 2 or 3  as a new player with a low-mid level silver buddy 

Ok that almost sounds like a lie but I have  battled out against some high-level dudes who killed me first back in 2016 when I was like  20ish before all futuristic stuff showed up, sometimes I just needed to find a nearby buzzard

Edited by Bruhd101

17 hours ago, Bruhd101 said:

sometimes I just needed to find a nearby buzzard

tbf sometimes its really fun to outplay people in cheaper stuff, in apb money isnt really a huge concept after like level 50 or so

in gta its like a playground, pretty much

36 minutes ago, hapygirl said:

tbf sometimes its really fun to outplay people in cheaper stuff, in apb money isnt really a huge concept after like level 50 or so

in gta its like a playground, pretty much

Speaking of that I remember sometimes trying to wait for someone to go into the military base so that I just walk around  through and fly the hydra because around that time I think I didn't unlock "access restricted areas" for Lester to just go into fort zancudo without tanks coming for my patootie or getting gunned down by ar-15s

The camera switch/ hand switching right x left mechanics while firing...

no FPS games in third person I know have this similar mechanic and this sense of FULLneSS, controll, free movement all togheter while moving, playing your character... -.- fps game with bs fantasy mechanics excluded

Costumization, Music creations are unique and well cured too until the mere details if you're very passionate, but there were and are players  dont caring a peanuts for it

Edited by PingOVER9000

Even with all the cool stuff, we have only 300 players 😕

And other games with mediocre gamplay that don't even come close to APB have millions of players.

Example Valorant...

On 10/18/2023 at 10:44 AM, Frosi said:

i agree for everything except movement

APB probably has one of the worst movement of PVP games imo,

no stopping on ladders

needing to press buttons to interact with ladders or fences is terrible

a lot of hitboxes are not the same size as their visuals meaning parkouring is an absolute pain.
walking (not sprinting) with fragile or kelvar desyncs you from the servers
drifting and going out of your car even though it's pushing you for multiple meters doesn't kill you and you just slide around
no things you expect to see in modern games like grabbing a ledge

no leaning if you're not aiming

leaning out of the rear windows of a van obstructs your vision

pressing shift while aiming will kick you out of the aiming position

and there's probably way more i forgot.

tldr apb's movement is nothing special in my opinion, in fact i'd say it's worse than average.

If you want to see what good movement really is, i'd say look at what s4 league and gunz did

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1