thrown.

Finish the Midtown map and un-restrict contact progression

My friends and I have been discussing this for a little while, but how difficult would it be to finish and release the midtown map that as to my knowledge is more than half done?

I feel like this would be a huge move to bring back a lot of players and give the players a new environment to play in.

(Also as a former map maker this to me seems like by far as the easiest way to refresh the game play experience for the community.

This ties into the idea of un-restricting contact progression to specific districts , with population so low on N/A servers players end up being "stuck" in a specific district and not making progress if you don't have a contact in that district, this could be easily managed through the tab in game where you pledge to contacts through the "J  menu".

Lastly, isn't it time to do a database name wipe? Specifically for banned player names, or decade old inactive no login accounts.

Thoughts and feedback would be nice, especially on a new map/district.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thrown. said:

as to my knowledge is more than half done

recheck your knowledge

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, thrown. said:

My friends and I have been discussing this for a little while, but how difficult would it be to finish and release the midtown map that as to my knowledge is more than half done?

I feel like this would be a huge move to bring back a lot of players and give the players a new environment to play in.

(Also as a former map maker this to me seems like by far as the easiest way to refresh the game play experience for the community.

Not sure where you pulled that info from but Midtown was never half done.  RTW started on it and converted it into Financial so there's no Midtown to speak of. 

Even if it was half done, it would be a few years before we even got it due to APBs ancient tools.

• Like 1

Even another big map like finan/waterf not gonna bring a lot of players.The only thing to do it is another engine upgrade hype-this time for unreal 5.2.But dats a mirage

The original Midtown was a test district that never got finished and was ripped apart for Waterfront and Financial parts.

You might be referring to my project which is not finished at all yet and is not yet approved or tested in engine if even possible...

Not sure what to tell you about it's ready-ness but here how it looks like today.

389e5908116d0e34e574727e59c97367.png

As you can see there are still many undone parts (Orange and Green) and no texturing. Still a lot of work...

AND AGAIN - THIS IS NOT YET TESTED IF IT'S EVEN POSSIBLE TO IMPORT IT

• Like 5

13 hours ago, thrown. said:

This ties into the idea of un-restricting contact progression to specific districts , with population so low on N/A servers players end up being "stuck" in a specific district and not making progress if you don't have a contact in that district, this could be easily managed through the tab in game where you pledge to contacts through the "J  menu".

Lastly, isn't it time to do a database name wipe? Specifically for banned player names, or decade old inactive no login accounts.

Thoughts and feedback would be nice, especially on a new map/district.

I think having midtown finished and released would be cool. However, after seeing the level of inexperience LO devs have with shooter map design from their attempt at a Battle Royale mode, I don't think them finishing midtown is realistic, unfortunately.

Allowing players to pledge to a contact regardless of what district they're in actually sounds like an easy-to-implement change that would make things a lot less frustrating for players trying to progress. It might kill off Waterfront, though. Personally I wouldn't mind never having to play WF again, but I'm not sure if it's in the game's best interests to have less variety.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ellix said:

The original Midtown was a test district that never got finished and was ripped apart for Waterfront and Financial parts.

You might be referring to my project which is not finished at all yet and is not yet approved or tested in engine if even possible...

Not sure what to tell you about it's ready-ness but here how it looks like today.

389e5908116d0e34e574727e59c97367.png

As you can see there are still many undone parts (Orange and Green) and no texturing. Still a lot of work...

AND AGAIN - THIS IS NOT YET TESTED IF IT'S EVEN POSSIBLE TO IMPORT IT

Still, I cant get it why LO didnt get you in their payroll field, except confirm such as G1 they have nothing planned except the  very barest minumum indispensable for increase the longevity of APB and item-shop staff correlated.

Well there may be the speech about gaming/animation developers market is sature and full of people underpaied where and anywhere to choose etc.. but sincerly I dont know a lot except some speech between old friends of mine.. anyway that off-topic is too hot for me ... 😂

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

Merge waterfront and financial together.

They should have a district set up that's just a flat square, a dev level of sort that has very placeholder geometry just for players to have chaos in (like fighclub)

9 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Funny thing is Financial and Waterfront are incredibly far apart.  Just covering that distance would be the same as making a whole new map the size of Waterfront/Financial.

11 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Funny thing is Financial and Waterfront are incredibly far apart.  Just covering that distance would be the same as making a whole new map the size of Waterfront/Financial.

Recreate San Paro and backstory.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Racing district confirmed!

15 hours ago, SkittyM said:

They should make a fightclub map that's just a bridge

On 6/1/2023 at 8:24 AM, xHenryman90x said:

Financial is already visible from WF, look to the south of the map, and you'll have your view of Financial. It's pretty far...