Jump to content
Excalibur!

Joker SR15 Carabine needs a nerf.

Nerfing Joker carabine.  

165 members have voted

  1. 1. Ridiculous op weapon.

    • Yes
    • No
    • Just nerf its range to 30 like a pointman gun
    • Reduce hip fire movement
    • Reduce its bullets to 15
    • Make it marksman oriented like its counterparts
    • Drop its damage to minimum to kill with 6 bullets (167)


Recommended Posts

I seriously mean it, its a non markman ntec (which means a lot of free movement) with -10m drop off.

How can this gun be so op and be unnoticed for so, so long???

 

It even solves two of my main problems right now: losing markman (i found out its my mouse) and hitreg. I can hip fire (YES NON MARKSMAN) targets at 70m with pretty decent bullets hitmarks, it is so ridiculous i can't even believe it...

 

Edited by Excalibur!
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

 

How can this gun be so op and be unnoticed for so, so long???

 

3sjuTfm.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if I told you, the Joker Carbine used to be even stronger than it currently is?

 

Or at least I'm 70% positive it got nerfed back in the last Weapon Re-balance phase...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pretty obvious who are the people on the forum who don't understand the intricacies and inner details of the game by who posts these kinds of threads.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nite said:

What if I told you, the Joker Carbine used to be even stronger than it currently is?

 

Or at least I'm 70% positive it got nerfed back in the last Weapon Re-balance phase...

 

 

What if i told you that you shouldnt take this dude seriously, cause its like the 3rd thread he made lmao.

 

Plus i voted all of them cause i can yes okay bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nite said:

What if I told you, the Joker Carbine used to be even stronger than it currently is?

 

Or at least I'm 70% positive it got nerfed back in the last Weapon Re-balance phase...

 

 

Bring back 5 shot railgun carbine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Bring back 5 shot railgun carbine.

I vaguely remember a time when the carbine had a much lower max bloom, such that CJ3 carbine was considered 'easy mode' and dishonorable by some.

 

But that's years ago so who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it’s nothing like an ntec, except they both shoot bullets

 

carbine has way way worse accuracy and a longer ttk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nite said:

What if I told you, the Joker Carbine used to be even stronger than it currently is?

 

Or at least I'm 70% positive it got nerfed back in the last Weapon Re-balance phase...

 

 

Yes i remember it killing with 5 bullets.

This weapon still pathetic, its a direct upgrade to pointman and its even better than assault rifles because it doesnt need marksman.

 

EDIT: i used it CLICKING MYSELF, imagine mwheel or macro users (i used it with mwheel and i wont talk about it because it should be removed it directly).

Edited by Excalibur!
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Yes i remember it killing with 5 bullets.

This weapon still pathetic, its a direct upgrade to pointman and its even better than assault rifles because it doesnt need marksman.

oca is going to beat a carbine in cqc way more often then a carbine will beat an oca

Edited by BXNNXD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nite said:

I vaguely remember a time when the carbine had a much lower max bloom, such that CJ3 carbine was considered 'easy mode' and dishonorable by some.

 

But that's years ago so who knows

Carbine used to have pretty much no bloom, further range, 5 shot kill, and you could just run cj3 in it for crazy fire rate.

 

Plus it also had a better gun sound. REVERT BACK THE CARBINE GUN SOUND. THE TRASH CAN LIDS ARE STILL TERRIBLE YEARS AFTER THEY WERE CHANGED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

Yes i remember it killing with 5 bullets.

This weapon still pathetic, its a direct upgrade to pointman and its even better than assault rifles because it doesnt need marksman.

Unless you're fighting out in the open with no cover at all, pump-shotguns will still beat the carbine in 10-12m CQC, as will the OCA (and maybe a CJ3 Manic if aim is on point) so, Carbine being better than pointman guns in CQC is a dubious idea to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

oca is going to beat a carbine in cqc way more often then a carbine will beat an oca

Depends on players and... you can still add cj3 to it. I used it stock.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot to add "OP should have ability to create new threads removed" option to the poll.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Excalibur! said:

Depends on players and... you can still add cj3 to it. I used it stock.

skill equalized should always be assumed when arguing weapon theory in APB, so.....

 

also, CJ3 Carbine has actual bloom now on top of still having lower firerate than the OCA so that doesn't give it the advantage you're assuming it does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

stac 10 > carbine

I just can't deal with the size of the Stac 10 anymore though. I like it more than the carbine but the gun model is just way oversized. Eventually ended up going back to carbine despite the gun sound being worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

Depends on players and... you can still add cj3 to it. I used it stock.

cj3 still wouldn’t even up the ttk between oca and carbine

 

players have little relevancy in this discussion about weapon balance, we can create hypothetical scenarios all day where the carbine beats the oca or vice versa

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I just can't deal with the size of the Stac 10 anymore though. I like it more than the carbine but the gun model is just way oversized. Eventually ended up going back to carbine despite the gun sound being worse.

big gun for big owners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BXNNXD said:

cj3 still wouldn’t even up the ttk between oca and carbine

 

players have little relevancy in this discussion about weapon balance, we can create hypothetical scenarios all day where the carbine beats the oca or vice versa

big gun for big owners

Yes, and still have the advantage to be a pointman and assault rifles upgrade.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

 

big gun for big owners

Not when you are min size fem and the gun looks the size of you. :c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This shit is hilarious. Back in my day you could scroll wheel hip fire a joker carbine and kill someone in 5 shots from 70m away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Excalibur! said:

Yes, and still have the advantage to be a pointman and assault rifles upgrade.

that’s how the carbine is balanced, you trade that versatility for the edge that comes from having an actual range niche to excel at

 

so now you’re just ok at 2 ranges while the oca and ntec both excel at 1 (altho the ntec shines at way more than just midrange lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

that’s how the carbine is balanced, you trade that versatility for the edge that comes from having an actual range niche to excel at

 

so now you’re just ok at 2 ranges while the oca and ntec both excel at 1 (altho the ntec shines at way more than just midrange lol)

What would it be sr15 downside for you? Only range? Smash it a ir3 that has no downside in it and bam! you got a 50m effective hip fire gun that requires no marksman. Explain me how is that balanced?

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bro the carbine is heavily nerfed....a little nerf now and the ntec will be the most OP gun in the game. the carbine was sooo OP back in the days that g1 nerfed it...dont kill the guns. buff other guns that are currently useless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

What would it be sr15 downside for you? Only range? Smash it a ir3 that has no downside in it and bam! you got a 50m effective hip fire gun that requires no marksman. Explain me how is that balanced?

because it’s outperformed by guns within their dedicated range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...