failsure

is there a way to see LO's financial status

get hired as the cfo, become a shareholder, purchase the company, or pursue a valid lawsuit that requires disclosure of orbit's financial statements

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

get hired as the cfo, become a shareholder, purchase the company, or pursue a valid lawsuit that requires disclosure of orbit's financial statements

or pretend to be BIG chinese investor

• Like 1

Considering this game is the only thing they have left (and they don't even own the IP itself anymore), their financials are unlikely anything worth looking into anyways. The more interesting question would be how many staff are left as part of the LO/G1 company.

• Like 1

So I just came back after 7years, why is everyone saying LO is bankrupt.

3 minutes ago, Arvie said:

Because Matt has been silent for a month now

Just now, SHEMER said:

Because Matt has been silent for a month now

Maybe he died from the vaccines or something, or isnt allowed to work.

Regardless back ontopic

If LO was bankrupt youd have the same panic inducing news as back with RTW. Also the shop would close and nobody would be able to buy _anything_ anymore. I dont get it.

"is there a way to see LO's financial status"

I imagine that if Little Orbit was a publicly traded company, then you would absolutely have access to their financial statements per the SEC.

Top 6 Websites for Finding a Company's Financial Stats

If they are a private company, I think the only way you might gain access is if you were an investor with significant funds.

If you are an investor, please let us know what your findings are.

You can check this website out pertaining to Private companies.
Doing Company Research: A Resource Guide

Good luck

Matt said they'll start working on financial after the social is done, so the status is work in progress.

On 1/16/2022 at 6:08 AM, Arvie said:

For one thing, they've lost all their IPs (including APB). They've also been clapped in a lawsuit that has exposed their dire financial status. Additionally, the lawsuit brings to light information that lends more evidence to the all-but-proven theory that LO isn't working on the engine upgrade.

Edited by Hexerin

On 1/14/2022 at 12:25 PM, failsure said:

Annual report? 

The information you were actually looking for:
No, LO won't be publishing the Engine Upgrade. And without the EU APB is dead. APB is dead. Playing with corpses is called necrophilia. You are a necrophile.

Happy?

Just play the game. Or do something better.

On 1/17/2022 at 4:58 PM, Gro said:

Matt said they'll start working on financial after the social is done, so the status is work in progress.

Bruh, for sure you also believe that McDonald's is healthy because they said so in their commercials.

Edited by Sniperturtle

There are a lot of people ITT saying 'no', or my favourite:

On 1/14/2022 at 11:54 AM, glaciers said:

Who plainly haven't a clue what they're talking about - the truth is that a reasonable chunk of LO's financial information is freely available online.

Little Orbit (Europe) Ltd - b/s £155,280 in the red on 31 March 2020

Reloaded Productions Ltd - b/s £174,615 in the green on 31 December 2020

These numbers don't tell the whole story and are subject to interpretation. For instance, RP Ltd was owed an intra-group loan £223,142 as of 31 December 2020 by a related company which may be any of:

a) Little Orbit (Europe) Ltd;

b) Reloaded Productions Inc (its parent company, registered in California);

c) Little Orbit Europe LLC (its ultimate parent company, also allegedly registered in the US but I couldn't find any record of it); or

d) Muse Investments Inc (a holding company owned by Matt Scott became a PSC of LO (Europe) Ltd in 2019, also registered in California).

Without this loan on its books, it would be £48K in the red as well, though I hasten to add that it would then be subtracted from the liabilities of one of the other group companies which would even things out, but would also raise the question of how that particular company raised the money to lend it to RP Ltd. Maybe it's ultimately part of an outside investment (in which case the creditor liability just passes up the chain), or was raised by selling the IP rights a few years ago but that is pure speculation. I'm not an accountant, but I am a (non-US) lawyer so I am presenting the information with only a basic level of interpretation. Corrections are therefore welcome.

There's also a further Delaware corporation that was converted out of California in November 2020 (Little Orbit Inc, previously Little Orbit LLC). If you want more detailed information about that company including the annual report you can pay the $20 fee, but given how recently it was registered I can't guarantee that there will even be one or that it will contain anything useful.

Some information can also be gleaned from the filings relating to ongoing court case between LO and Descendent, where (from a brief skim of a few of the filings), it looks as though a settlement was reached over a year ago which required LO to make a number of phased payments which the Descendent devs claim have been missed in part. On the other hand, it appears (per one of the e-mails filed) that LO considers that it has demonstrated that it has $1 million in funds available. All of the actual numbers and financial statements are redacted or unavailable, though.

I'm also going to pre-emptively respond to those who might say "see, it's impossible to see LO's financial status because of the US' opaque filing requirements" by saying that although we don't have the complete and comprehensive picture, the game would not be able to continue to operate without disruption if its UK portion became insolvent. You can certainly get a flavour of its financial position (analagous to a canary in a coal mine) if not the complete picture.

Edited by Ace or Allecto
Fixed links
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, glaciers said:

links are busted

Apologies - fixed them. You'll need to click on the most recent registered accounts.

• Like 1