SCAVY

ive been gone for a lonng time but..

i want to play again but finding out the server was shut down a few yrs ago. put me into a shock !  because i use to play everyday for a 4 or 5 yrs and acquired a lot of stuff.. beside the real money i spent into the game as well. so with this reboot or what ever will i loose everything i put into the game?? when this happens and that wipe that is being talked about ??

Edited by SCAVY

What? There will be no wipe, they will just update the engine.

You wont lose anything. The servers are still up and running. You might have a hard time finding players in NA, but EU (citadel) is fine for 70% of the time...

On 8/7/2021 at 7:52 AM, SCAVY said:

i want to play again but finding out the server was shut down a few yrs ago. put me into a shock !  because i use to play everyday for a 4 or 5 yrs and acquired a lot of stuff.. beside the real money i spent into the game as well. so with this reboot or what ever will i loose everything i put into the game?? when this happens and that wipe that is being talked about ??

a few yrs ago ? how long ago did you play and why the concern about your stuff and the real money you spent now? i dont get the concern over losing game "stuff" when getting game back is the biggest worry atm 

On 8/6/2021 at 5:41 PM, Thiagao145 said:

You wont lose anything. The servers are still up and running. You might have a hard time finding players in NA, but EU (citadel) is fine for 70% of the time...

citadel is where i was at all the time back then. annd i was there before the limits on defense wasnt a thing

On 8/6/2021 at 6:41 PM, Thiagao145 said:

The servers are still up and running? What?

On 8/7/2021 at 1:41 AM, Thiagao145 said:

On 8/13/2021 at 9:55 AM, Slugg said:

The servers are still up and running? What?

I believe hes from APB. The EU server is called Citadel there, which probably contributed to the further mixup 🙂

2 hours ago, RN86 said:

Update would be nice , time to time.

well the only info i can tell you is checking steam charts you can see a player or two has been on the sever. which means as matt said there are dev severs they are using to compare new to old game which also means someone is at least working on the game to a degree 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

well the only info i can tell you is checking steam charts you can see a player or two has been on the sever. which means as matt said there are dev severs they are using to compare new to old game which also means someone is at least working on the game to a degree 

Nice ,thats good news FE has so much potential . Lets be honest all post apocalyptic games we see all  of them uses same ideas over and over.  Fellen Earth was and still is one of the best MMO rpg out there .Even if it comes back online its not shitty and etc like i read forums. People dont know the gems we see . If game misses soul and is pure grindy and loot boxes its ment to be doomed. Hope we see  best game out there again.

7 hours ago, RN86 said:

Nice ,thats good news FE has so much potential . Lets be honest all post apocalyptic games we see all  of them uses same ideas over and over.  Fellen Earth was and still is one of the best MMO rpg out there .Even if it comes back online its not shitty and etc like i read forums. People dont know the gems we see . If game misses soul and is pure grindy and loot boxes its ment to be doomed. Hope we see  best game out there again.

what made fallen earth fun the fact the story wasnt a "your the hero to save the world go on a epic quest" like every other game. it was your a clone in a world of clones and your an expendable meatbag everyone will use get use to it. which gave you full freedom of how you played your char and even into role playing your char if thats what your into 

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 5:13 PM, cowhorseman said:

Pretty sure the steam charts count if someone is in the launcher. I fired the launcher up since i was on an old system backup yesterday to see if it would clock hours in steam, and it does. Right now it says "1" person on, and I have the launcher up and running.

On 8/18/2021 at 2:42 PM, Thanatosofone said:

Pretty sure the steam charts count if someone is in the launcher. I fired the launcher up since i was on an old system backup yesterday to see if it would clock hours in steam, and it does. Right now it says "1" person on, and I have the launcher up and running.

can you quit being a tech knowledgeable pleasant fellow for mmm 5 seconds? don't make me get marry on here! i'm sure she would if i told her to!

ok that is a lie i will amit it she would not come around here even if i offered her a shiny nickle 

While we understand the Fallen Earth community has their own views on 'fun', let's keep the comments relevant to the topic at hand.

A number of posts have been removed as they were not fitting to the criteria mentioned above.

~@mayii

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Amayii said:

While we understand the Fallen Earth community has their own views on 'fun', let's keep the comments relevant to the topic at hand.

A number of posts have been removed as they were not fitting to the criteria mentioned above.

~@mayii

ok how about some updates on how the game reboot is going,and if its not going at all we will get outa your hair for good mate !!!

• Thanks 1

You'll see a bit more activity out of the company over on Twitter, but not much. They've been busy and dont really have a lot to openly talk about. Among other things, they had to take over a project a totally different team kick-started and then abandoned, and are now responsible for. Not to mention trying to update APB which is still a live service and... not going as planned from what I've gathered. Not impossible, just difficult for a team that took over a whole bunch of spaghetti string projects and then a pandemic screwing the supply chain for... just about everything.

Actually saw Matt post yesterday, so, they aren't dead at least.

Edited by Ardenn
spelling error

15 hours ago, Ardenn said:

You'll see a bit more activity out of the company over on Twitter, but not much. They've been busy and dont really have a lot to openly talk about. Among other things, they had to take over a project a totally different team kick-started and then abandoned, and are now responsible for. Not to mention trying to update APB which is still a live service and... not going as planned from what I've gathered. Not impossible, just difficult for a team that took over a whole bunch of spaghetti string projects and then a pandemic screwing the supply chain for... just about everything.

Actually saw Matt post yesterday, so, they aren't dead at least.

thats all and good ,but if theres time to go tru posts and delete theres time just to say hey matts doing this or that 

On 9/10/2021 at 7:42 AM, Amayii said:

~@mayii

stay on apb forums ya party pooper.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 4:42 PM, Amayii said:

~@mayii

If you would work as much on the game as on the forum we would already be playing.

Edited by Kishoot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also remember this company openly admitting they had never done any kind of MMO or online gameplay experience before. They had experience in story writing and converting a popular IP into an RPG format but live services was new to them and they thought our games were small enough projects that they could handle them.

I wish them the best, but suspect they may be eating their words now. I would describe the projects they took over as "chaotic" and likely a stressful transition as Disney executives are a vastly different beast than several communities being able to constantly outreach and express displeasure at you. Not everyone can take that or even know what they are getting into when stepping into the "always online services" territory.

There's a reason I only organized once a month events and didnt get into game dev 😛

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 3:41 PM, Thiagao145 said:

believe your wrong ...  there will be a wipe and really it has to be that way to make all the time and effort pay off rebuilding game they need new money and new players, which just won't happen if old db is restored ...

3 hours ago, Ozium said:

believe your wrong ...  there will be a wipe and really it has to be that way to make all the time and effort pay off rebuilding game they need new money and new players, which just won't happen if old db is restored ...

Indeed, lol! I thought this was APB Forum, kek; sorry

4 hours ago, Thiagao145 said:

Indeed, lol! I thought this was APB Forum, kek; sorry

all good mate ,keeps FE forum alive 😃 

I so miss this game... I'd sell my own mother to get a chance at alpha and beta testing the new version that's in the works.

On 8/14/2021 at 5:13 PM, cowhorseman said:

Or someone running the client's patcher which still counts even if it isn't actually in-game which is the more realistic situation.