Jump to content
R3ACT3M

How do I cancel my premium subscription?

Recommended Posts

This game isn't fun anymore, and I don't feel like supporting it.

But I can't find where to cancel and I can't find any info on it online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

its free premium....

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

 

i was like "wait a minute" as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

This game isn't fun anymore, and I don't feel like supporting it.

But I can't find where to cancel and I can't find any info on it online.

are you playing with friends and/or new apb friends or only  by yourself ?

apb is much funner with friends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

are you playing with friends and/or new apb friends or only  by yourself ?

apb is much funner with friends

I have 3 characters 1000 hours (apparently that's not a lot to people here but it's my most played steam game) and I try to get my friends to play but most hate it now as well so im forced to solo queue. 

Then the matchmaking gives me some of the worst matches I have ever seen for a whole week straight. I had to walk out of the house cause I was so frustrated. (I have a crim and enf and I have the same experience).

Im not one to accuse people of hacking, but man have i seen some sketchy behavior. But that could be blamed on either new buffs/nerfs to weapons, actual skill gap, or maybe something server related.

I really like this game which is why I am going to keep it installed. But seeing how guns work in the game right now, and hearing Matt say they (maybe misunderstood) are on the right path for weapon balance it's kind of depressing. 

So I figured if I cant enjoy the game I don't want to give little orbit any more money. The whole reason I got premium in the first place was because I wanted to help fund Little Orbit into making the game something better. Even though we have/are getting premium for free I kept my sub for that reason. But if this is how the game is going to be I don't feel like supporting it anymore. 

While I agree that the beta alone wont save this game, im hoping that an easier code base better performance etc will assist in making the game better than it's current state.

I really do hope this game becomes popular/succeeds again. But until then ill keep my $$ per month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I have 3 characters 1000 hours (apparently that's not a lot to people here but it's my most played steam game) and I try to get my friends to play but most hate it now as well so im forced to solo queue. 

Then the matchmaking gives me some of the worst matches I have ever seen for a whole week straight. I had to walk out of the house cause I was so frustrated. (I have a crim and enf and I have the same experience).

Im not one to accuse people of hacking, but man have i seen some sketchy behavior. But that could be blamed on either new buffs/nerfs to weapons, actual skill gap, or maybe something server related.

I really like this game which is why I am going to keep it installed. But seeing how guns work in the game right now, and hearing Matt say they (maybe misunderstood) are on the right path for weapon balance it's kind of depressing. 

So I figured if I cant enjoy the game I don't want to give little orbit any more money. The whole reason I got premium in the first place was because I wanted to help fund Little Orbit into making the game something better. Even though we have/are getting premium for free I kept my sub for that reason. But if this is how the game is going to be I don't feel like supporting it anymore. 

While I agree that the beta alone wont save this game, im hoping that an easier code base better performance etc will assist in making the game better than it's current state.

I really do hope this game becomes popular/succeeds again. But until then ill keep my $$ per month

By all measures what you have said is fair enough.

 

And yes 1000 hours really isn't much since  many players have  a lot more than that and know APB extremely well , which is why some criticize a 255 bronze in bronze district as  unfair gameplay.

As for gun balancing , matchmaking and such , I do not recall anything being set in stone , since in the future new guns , reworked vehicles etc can change APB in the blink of an eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

By all measures what you have said is fair enough.

 

And yes 1000 hours really isn't much since  many players have  a lot more than that and know APB extremely well , which is why some criticize a 255 bronze in bronze district as  unfair gameplay.

As for gun balancing , matchmaking and such , I do not recall anything being set in stone , since in the future new guns , reworked vehicles etc can change APB in the blink of an eye.

The hope is that with the new engine matchmaking will be way better than it has ever been, but this game NEEDS a bigger population, and that wont happen if people who are gold 255 getting matched with bronzes and silvers

 

Part of the problem is that on paper 2 silvers + 1 gold against 2 golds is fair, but in practice 1 or both of those silvers are not good enough at the game to be able to compete so they end up getting stomped on by the 255's that don't give a shit.

 

Its because of players like this (255's that don't give a shit and try hard against anyone) that the game will die if remained like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

-snip-

Character level =/= player skill

 

Just stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Character level =/= player skill

 

Just stop.

a gold who dethreats to be in bronze should NEVER be there.

a 255 gold in bronze even more so.

reflect upon yourself over someones valid concerns please.

 

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

The hope is that with the new engine matchmaking will be way better than it has ever been, but this game NEEDS a bigger population, and that wont happen if people who are gold 255 getting matched with bronzes and silvers

 

Part of the problem is that on paper 2 silvers + 1 gold against 2 golds is fair, but in practice 1 or both of those silvers are not good enough at the game to be able to compete so they end up getting stomped on by the 255's that don't give a shit.

 

Its because of players like this (255's that don't give a shit and try hard against anyone) that the game will die if remained like this.

it is planned for phasing and matchmaking to be reworked after the engine upgrade to fix that very problem

but we need the engine upgrade first to be able to do so since APB is on an outdated engine and can not  handle that in its current condition.

as for bigger population , I do not know what Little Orbit has planned but others may know . but either way we are not at that bridge yet and will probably not cross it until after matchmaking has been worked on , which will be after the engine upgrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Character level =/= player skill

 

Just stop.

Consider player experience.

 

The longer you play, the more you learn about the game  and the more you know about the game, the easier it is to make the "right" decision in a situation.

 

4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

im forced to solo queue. 


Then the matchmaking gives me some of the worst matches I have ever seen for a whole week straight. I had to walk out of the house cause I was so frustrated. (I have a crim and enf and I have the same experience).

I feel you. I usually try to find someone in the district to group up with. Gives you a more "stable" team during missions and you have someone to chat with between missions. Helps me keep my sanity in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Character level =/= player skill

 

yes a level 255 is a noob and by no means tell you that they have been playing long enough to get to that max rank. 255 should be how you can see if someone is competent at the game. Honestly though, you can tell if someone is a sweat by their first kill.

 

10 hours ago, Fuechslein said:

I feel you. I usually try to find someone in the district to group up with. Gives you a more "stable" team during missions and you have someone to chat with between missions. Helps me keep my sanity in this game.

Ive tried that a bunch but 80% of the time it's not "stable" and i just see people being toxic to each other. Or just it just ends up being a bad team not necessarily bad players just the group doesn't work well. 

 

Merged.

 

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

it is planned for phasing and matchmaking to be reworked after the engine upgrade to fix that very problem

but we need the engine upgrade first to be able to do so since APB is on an outdated engine and can not  handle that in its current condition.

as for bigger population , I do not know what Little Orbit has planned but others may know . but either way we are not at that bridge yet and will probably not cross it until after matchmaking has been worked on , which will be after the engine upgrade

while phasing will be better, what will it matter if jehrico only gets max 160 players a day...you're still fighting the same people. I suppose it will hopefully result in 50/50 matches win some loose some. It is so incredible frustrating to fight the same people repeatedly and just getting repeatedly stomped.

LO should have done slight tweaks instead of full on reworks right off the bat. ( or maybe they did idk ) Shotguns used to be really enjoyable, but the problem with them is that you can dip in and out of cover with a shotgun giving them that advantage. And where LO tried to make shotguns more skill based I think they did the opposite, to me they became less reliable sometimes they were 2 shot sometimes 5, so the only way to guarantee the kill was to be 5m away from them, but even if you could close to a distance like that chances are you'll end up dead because of the PMG or Joker Carbine. That's just one example because I love playing shotguns in every game I have. I love getting in the face of my enemy and getting the jump on them. While I think it would be hard to do just because apb is apb, battlefield has it so you need to be accurate but if u are accurate it's a 1 shot kill, and it feels reliable and fun, if my crosshair was just a bit off target I would probably die first. Like I said hard to do in apb but that is an enjoyable experience from another game. (same goes for rainbow six siege). 

I keep telling people that APB has a reaaallly good core gameplay it's just the other pieces of the puzzle that need work.

I want to love this game, but with this past week's experience making me lash out at my family id rather just walk away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

while phasing will be better, what will it matter if jehrico only gets max 160 players a day

We have had more than that on Jericho. not all players stay on APB all day long

 

Many players also came back during the corona virus lockdown and showed we had 2 k people on APB ( not all Jericho of course ) and it showed we have many lurkers still interested in APB who are waiting for the engine upgrade and matchmaking to be worked on.

 

Ive also been hearing it may be possible to play people overseas as well if the ping allows it to be a good match up

 

The guns themselves needed to change since some were completely broken and unfair so it a work in progress.

 

I am not sure of what else is going on at the moment but a lot of changes are happening

Edited by Fortune Runner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InkieTheSauzeGod said:

Why cancel something thats free

“The whole reason I got premium in the first place was because I wanted to help fund Little Orbit into making the game something better.”


that’s why I I’m still paying for it

 

look at the other posts to find out why I cancelled it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

“The whole reason I got premium in the first place was because I wanted to help fund Little Orbit into making the game something better.”


that’s why I I’m still paying for it

 

look at the other posts to find out why I cancelled it.

I didn't realize subscriptions still renewed since we all have free premium.

That's strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I didn't realize subscriptions still renewed since we all have free premium.

That's strange.

I think it's added up for the future though. So you will of course not be paying for nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I have 3 characters 1000 hours (apparently that's not a lot to people here but it's my most played steam game) and I try to get my friends to play but most hate it now as well so im forced to solo queue. 

Then the matchmaking gives me some of the worst matches I have ever seen for a whole week straight. I had to walk out of the house cause I was so frustrated. (I have a crim and enf and I have the same experience).

Im not one to accuse people of hacking, but man have i seen some sketchy behavior. But that could be blamed on either new buffs/nerfs to weapons, actual skill gap, or maybe something server related.

I really like this game which is why I am going to keep it installed. But seeing how guns work in the game right now, and hearing Matt say they (maybe misunderstood) are on the right path for weapon balance it's kind of depressing. 

So I figured if I cant enjoy the game I don't want to give little orbit any more money. The whole reason I got premium in the first place was because I wanted to help fund Little Orbit into making the game something better. Even though we have/are getting premium for free I kept my sub for that reason. But if this is how the game is going to be I don't feel like supporting it anymore. 

While I agree that the beta alone wont save this game, im hoping that an easier code base better performance etc will assist in making the game better than it's current state.

I really do hope this game becomes popular/succeeds again. But until then ill keep my $$ per month

10000+ Hours gang rise up lol
APB isn't newbie friendly, if you don't get the ropes you'll probably get stomped to death to dethreaters or just tryharders. Even if you are a veteran there's some times you'll get stomped by tryharders.

There's some nerfs and balances that kinda broke some guns but overall it's fine. Gotta hope that engine revives the game otherwise RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrM0dZ said:

10000+ Hours gang rise up lol
APB isn't newbie friendly, if you don't get the ropes you'll probably get stomped to death to dethreaters or just tryharders. Even if you are a veteran there's some times you'll get stomped by tryharders.

There's some nerfs and balances that kinda broke some guns but overall it's fine. Gotta hope that engine revives the game otherwise RIP

In the silver or bronze districts, I agree. I wish the tutorial district was brought back, and only open for accounts with <100 hours. The whole account could play there until their total character in game hours are over 100, in which case, they'd be kept from joining the district, and put out into the normal (likely bronze) population.

If the new players wanted to play with friends who're not new, then they could join the normal districts and play with friends in the major pop, yet as long as their hours are under 100, they're still able to go back to the tutorial district.

 

The early tutorial district was limited to your first time playing APB, and that was it. (iirc, maybe you could go back to it while your character was a Trainee)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

In the silver or bronze districts, I agree. I wish the tutorial district was brought back, and only open for accounts with <100 hours. The whole account could play there until their total character in game hours are over 100, in which case, they'd be kept from joining the district, and put out into the normal (likely bronze) population.

If the new players wanted to play with friends who're not new, then they could join the normal districts and play with friends in the major pop, yet as long as their hours are under 100, they're still able to go back to the tutorial district.

 

The early tutorial district was limited to your first time playing APB, and that was it. (iirc, maybe you could go back to it while your character was a Trainee)

Well, that would work if the game had enough population

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 4:11 PM, MrM0dZ said:

Gotta hope that engine revives the game otherwise RIP

I doubt the engine upgrade in itself will , but the fixes afterwards possibly can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...