IndustrialCat

Can we save our in-game creations?

Depends on how u wanna save it

You can take screenshots from clothing and symbol-creations

And you should be able to record music-creations 

If you just wanna make new stuff you are running out of space put your creations into the marketplace and delete the auction

You will find that old stuff in your ingame mailbox and it will get dusty until you take it out

Model : NinjaRipper+Blender. 
Symbols: Stamp+CtrlV+Any Graphic Editor.
Music: Save image of midi tracks so you can edit them in any syntethizer.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, IndustrialCat said:

Please add more details.

Digital music makers or DAW's (digital audio workstation i think)  have something called  a 'piano roll' (google it) and it's basically the same as the music maker in apb. So whilst you can't save your inputs from apb you can screenshot it to reinput into another DAW. Or you can use a sound recording program to just record the sound and turn it into an mp3 or something.

• Like 1

there are no simple export options

only the aforementioned manual conversions

if you want a similar experience to the apb symbol editor, try inkscape (free) or adobe illustrator (paid)

ninjaripper for models is slightly risky, since it reads the games memory - much like what cheats do. anticheats did block it in the past and do block it at least in some games - not sure what the current situation with apb. just be warned - however, those bans might also be reverted if it hits a lot of people. not sure what their stance is precisely, but it is a 3rd party tool that reads memory, so it might very well be prohibited/only use at own risk.

Edited by neophobia
  • Thanks 1

symbols: prntscreen and save with paint or something

themes/music: record the game and play the audio 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, neophobia said:

there are no simple export options

only the aforementioned manual conversions

if you want a similar experience to the apb symbol editor, try inkscape (free) or adobe illustrator (paid)

ninjaripper for models is slightly risky, since it reads the games memory - much like what cheats do. anticheats did block it in the past and do block it at least in some games - not sure what the current situation with apb. just be warned - however, those bans might also be reverted if it hits a lot of people. not sure what their stance is precisely, but it is a 3rd party tool that reads memory, so it might very well be prohibited/only use at own risk.

Thanks, I think I'll use inkscape.

I think an ability to import/export character creation data (including clothes) and symbols would be well in place.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Haganu said:

I think an ability to import/export character creation data (including clothes) and symbols would be well in place.

i don' tthink importing is a good idea but i would like to see an export feature for music / symbols and Characters. even if it would be a payment feature i would buy 

• Like 1

I'd love for Little Orbit to add an export mp3/wav/midi option for the music studio, png for symbols, and create an external tool for exporting an fbx of your character and vehicles.  Maybe like an application which you can log into with your G1 account and then be given a list of your characters.  Selecting a character could take you to a menu where you can select wardrobe or garage, and from there you could export your individual outfits and vehicles. It would be great for those of us that like to do renders and make vrchat content since NinjaRipper can't be used with EAC.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

4 hours ago, TzickyT said:

i don' tthink importing is a good idea but i would like to see an export feature for music / symbols and Characters. even if it would be a payment feature i would buy 

Would be useful graphic designers and maybe music designers as the game already have a well developed customisation options thus freeing up some space on my Pc.

I just can't get one thing. Why if you want to put your symbols, themes etc. for external use you get into APB to design them?

There a lot of programs which basically work like APB with way more extended functionality, in APB even with symbols you got to compromise.

You want to create symbols based on shapes? CorelDraw or any graphical program basing on vector graphics (yes, this are shaped based graphics)

You want to create themes or songs? Synthesia or similiar programs got similiar way to produce sounds like in APB, you would need to look for program in which you can put MIDI samples tho. Eventually you can switch for real thing with different functionality but way more functionality like FruitLoops and likes.

Who the hell knows, maybe some of you will be DeviantArt big stars or one of known online music composer like Waterflame.

Plus LO can never put any copyright claims on your work then.

Edited by Mitne

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

I just can't get one thing. Why if you want to put your symbols, themes etc. for external use you get into APB to design them?

There a lot of programs which basically work like APB with way more extended functionality, in APB even with symbols you got to compromise.

You want to create symbols based on shapes? CorelDraw or any graphical program basing on vector graphics (yes, this are shaped based graphics)

You want to create themes or songs? Synthesia or similiar programs got similiar way to produce sounds like in APB, you would need to look for program in which you can put MIDI samples tho. Eventually you can switch for real thing with different functionality but way more functionality like FruitLoops and likes.

I just lacked the knowledge of this softwares and thought APB already has it's own editors.

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

Plus LO can never put any copyright claims on your work then.

Put copyright on my work that doesn't seem correct.

16 hours ago, IndustrialCat said:

Put copyright on my work that doesn't seem correct.

little orbit technically owns anything created in apb reloaded, regardless of who created it

i seriously doubt that orbit would ever actually try to claim copyright in that situation but it is covered in the ToS

6 hours ago, 404 said:

little orbit technically owns anything created in apb reloaded, regardless of who created it

i seriously doubt that orbit would ever actually try to claim copyright in that situation but it is covered in the ToS

Understood.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:34 AM, IndustrialCat said:

@WitchQueen and the in-game designer I'd guess I the same for it's software correct?

Which designer and software are we talking about?

9 hours ago, WitchQueen said:

Which designer and software are we talking about?

The symbol designer.

17 hours ago, IndustrialCat said:

The symbol designer.

There's some good suggestions for symbol designer. You'd just have to find ways to copy stuff and obviously screenshotting is an option.

• Like 1