Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Simple thread, What is your opinion about Macros, Guys?

 

Greetings - BaDante

 

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont use them they are bannable

 

 

and just because someone guns u down with a carbine dosnt mean they use macro

 

k

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macros will make you play worse in the long run.

 

Don't bother.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The only one you need types "/abandonmission [enter]"

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, illgot said:

The only one you need types "/abandonmission [enter]"

1. Press F10

2. Select /abandonmission from the list

3. Press Enter

3. ?????

4. Profit

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

1. Press F10

2. Select /abandonmission from the list

3. Press Enter

3. ?????

4. Profit

my macro will abandon a mission in less than a quarter second with the press of one button.  it will also ready me up again after abandoning the mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Macros will make you play worse in the long run.

 

Don't bother.

^this this a thousand times this^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

macros are not your problem , they are the problem of automatic anti-cheat programs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Macros should be bannable/remain bannable.

 

A hack is nothing else than a piece of software that does something the player should do himself, but all automatically.

 

A macro does the tapping for you, but in an ideal interval. It is hacking, just like an aimbot does the aiming for you.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's a bannable offense, should you catch the attention of a GM you could face repercussions. 

Edited by Tumblez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i doubt anything will really be done about macros until a company and game far more popular than little orbit and apb decides to do something about proprietary gaming mouse software

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Solamente said:

i doubt anything will really be done about macros until a company and game far more popular than little orbit and apb decides to do something about proprietary gaming mouse software

yeah I think this as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Macros should be bannable/remain bannable.

 

A hack is nothing else than a piece of software that does something the player should do himself, but all automatically.

 

A macro does the tapping for you, but in an ideal interval. It is hacking, just like an aimbot does the aiming for you.

Lol, a simple macro is pretty useless in APB due to the latency between your computer and the servers.  With a ttk of 0.65 seconds, no perfectly timed rate of fire macro will work properly.  Instead you will end up with a rapid fire macro that skips shots or you have to program the macro to shoot as fast as possible which you don't want for any weapon in APB.

 

There is a massive difference between a simple rapid fire macro and a triggerbot/aimbot. If people want to handicap themselves with a rapid fire macro... let them because they are just giving themselves a low skill ceiling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, illgot said:

Lol, a simple macro is pretty useless in APB due to the latency between your computer and the servers.  With a ttk of 0.65 seconds, no perfectly timed rate of fire macro will work properly.  Instead you will end up with a rapid fire macro that skips shots or you have to program the macro to shoot as fast as possible which you don't want for any weapon in APB.

 

There is a massive difference between a simple rapid fire macro and a triggerbot/aimbot. If people want to handicap themselves with a rapid fire macro... let them because they are just giving themselves a low skill ceiling.

idk what .65s has to do with anything but for semi auto weapons you can just set your macro to a slightly longer interval and still get essentially "perfect" timing without dropping shots

 

and a macro can also be used to completely eliminate vertical recoil, it might be small but that is still an advantage

 

 

Edited by Solamente
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

properly written macro can kill any weapon balancing.

 

written command line is EVIL

 

none of the people can claim 100 % presence or absence of macros . this is the work of automatic anti-cheat systems .

Edited by yood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Solamente said:

idk what .65s has to do with anything but for semi auto weapons you can just set your macro to a slightly longer interval and still get essentially "perfect" timing without dropping shots

 

and a macro can also be used to completely eliminate vertical recoil, it might be small but that is still an advantage

 

 

you are talking about something like autohotkey which should be banned in this game as it can easily be turned into a triggerbot.  I personally don't know how/if it's possible to hack the Logitech/Razer to write scripts that read APB and eliminate vertical recoil for anything other than the sniper rifles.

 

And slowing down your ROF macro to eliminate any skipped shots, you may as well just tap fire the cursor turns red because relying on something automated AND super slow is basically retarding your ability when the TTK is this game is not even 1 second.

Edited by illgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, illgot said:

Lol, a simple macro is pretty useless in APB due to the latency between your computer and the servers.  With a ttk of 0.65 seconds, no perfectly timed rate of fire macro will work properly.  Instead you will end up with a rapid fire macro that skips shots or you have to program the macro to shoot as fast as possible which you don't want for any weapon in APB.

 

There is a massive difference between a simple rapid fire macro and a triggerbot/aimbot. If people want to handicap themselves with a rapid fire macro... let them because they are just giving themselves a low skill ceiling.

A macro is a macro, no matter if it works properly or not.

 

The potential is there and as long as there is a potential, there will be an abuse of it. 

 

A poorly written aimbot is an aimbot after all and will get you banned one way or the other.

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, illgot said:

you are talking about something like autohotkey which should be banned in this game as it can easily be turned into a triggerbot.  I personally don't know how/if it's possible to hack the Logitech/Razer to write scripts that read APB and eliminate vertical recoil for anything other than the sniper rifles.

 

And slowing down your ROF macro to eliminate any skipped shots, you may as well just tap fire the cursor turns red because relying on something automated AND super slow is basically retarding your ability when the TTK is this game is not even 1 second.

i’m not sure about razer or logitech but i know of several gaming mouse softwares that allow you to simulate mouse movements - no need for autohotkey or scripts or reading game memory, just a simple macro that moves your “mouse” down after every click

 

as for slowing down your max rof macro we’re talking adding a delay anywhere from .01s to .05s being enough to eliminate dropped shots, i find it hard to believe that’s significantly slower than the average semi automatic user manually clicking

 

Edited by Solamente
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Solamente said:

i’m not sure about razer or logitech but i know of several gaming mouse softwares that allow you to simulate mouse movements - no need for autohotkey or scripts or reading game memory, just a simple macro that moves your “mouse” down after every click

 

as for slowing down your max rof macro we’re talking adding a delay anywhere from .01s to .05s being enough to eliminate dropped shots, i find it hard to believe that’s significantly slower than the average semi automatic user manually clicking

 

Adding a 0.01 - 0.05 delay between optimal shots isn't enough to compensate for latency.  Even the Joker Carbine would have skipping issues if you set the rof to 0.16 - 0.2 seconds.  I wish the engine/servers ran well enough to read delays perfectly but they aren't.

 

I've only used Logitech/Razer and AHK (for MMOs) so not as familiar with other peripherals and their software but would not be shocked to fine out you can enter coordinates to change cursor positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, illgot said:

Adding a 0.01 - 0.05 delay between optimal shots isn't enough to compensate for latency.  Even the Joker Carbine would have skipping issues if you set the rof to 0.16 - 0.2 seconds.  I wish the engine/servers ran well enough to read delays perfectly but they aren't.

.01-.05 is enough for me, i've never had any issues with dropped shots

 

perhaps your connection just isn't stable enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use a macro your cheating and deserve to be banned. Play the game the right way or dont play at all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

If you use a macro your cheating and deserve to be banned. Play the game the right way or dont play at all.

"But I'll lose, and who will think I'm cool then?" - Every cheater, ever.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does one know if someone is using macros? 

 

i have seen so many people shoot the FBW so fast it out guns most of the weapons i use which is kinda stupid or they just have amazing aim, i am not saying i am a good/bad player. (Yes this will attracts salty players, Oh you're just bad) 

 

How do you know if someone is actually using some sort of macros for weapons such as the Obeya,Carbine, and so on.. 

 

When ever i use the Obeya everyone accuses me of using Macros which clearly i don't.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...