Jump to content
postalgril

do you need someone to plug the servers in?

Recommended Posts

its been weeks now how hard can it be really

 

do you want to PM me the address of the servers and i'll go plug them in for you? i'll do it for free i get cheap travel around europe anyway so not a problem 

 

i bet i know the problem your technicians are confused because the plug sockets are different. i have an adapter don't worry

 

download.jpg

Edited by postalgril
  • Like 2
  • Haha 15
  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, postalgril said:

 

Its customs/local shipping, not technical.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Its customs/local shipping, not technical.

well i'll pick them up and drive them then there's no borders for me i can just drive right through, until brexit happens anyway

 

..and then plug them in

 

job done! then i can finally play

Edited by postalgril
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, postalgril said:

well i'll pick them up and drive them then there's no borders for me i can just drive right through, until brexit happens anyway

 

..and then plug them in

 

job done! then i can finally play

or you can just log in and play, since the servers are up, and have been up for over a month now.

 

dont wanna play the most populated server with trash ping? yeah that's understandable, sure would be a shame if Jericho players would've had to suffer through something like that for years... oh... wait...

  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, claude said:

sure would be a shame if Jericho players would've had to suffer through something like that for years... oh... wait...

what ping does EU get in New York?

I'm a Jericho player and i can get 180 ping at times over the years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

what ping does EU get in New York?

I'm a Jericho player and i can get 180 ping at times over the years

It depends but probably 100ms minimum-ish, and that gets worse the further east you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It depends but probably 100ms minimum-ish, and that gets worse the further east you go.

so some of them still get better ping than a NA player rofl im screwed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you need someone to plug ur brain in?

  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be frank, the difference between playing with 20-50 ms and 100-150 ms latency is in... well, about 100 milliseconds, that's less than the duration of a single eye blink. I feel like people inflate the latency issue, undeniably the game doesn't respond realistically to the user input at latencies above 100-150 ms but it's far from the game being unplayable. I used to play on both NA and EU server, maily sniper role and had no significant issues. The only noticeable problems I had was in situations where I was put against people with 300 ms or when the server goes awry.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bambola said:

To be frank, the difference between playing with 20-50 ms and 100-150 ms latency is in... well, about 100 milliseconds, that's less than the duration of a single eye blink.

Actually, a single natural blink (not a wink style of intentional blink) is around 40 ms...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bambola said:

To be frank, the difference between playing with 20-50 ms and 100-150 ms latency is in... well, about 100 milliseconds, that's less than the duration of a single eye blink.

Seems like u never really played PC games on a progressiv level...

Dunno how people don't realise a diffrence between (my) usual 15‐25ms Ping (EU servers / any games) and a 100-140ms ping like i got in APB now... 

I got tons of microlags... Thats also for other games when i got to play on NA servers or generally on bad ping servers.

 

maybe its the 1ms 144+ Hz monitor and otherwise u don't even realise microlags? 😂

I mean it sounds totally plausible for me that APB just sucks for new Hardware... if i keep that RTX bug in my mind...

Got to be that one cuz in all those "low graphic streams" .

i don't even see microlags or lags in general on said streams. Really strange...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bambola said:

undeniably the game doesn't respond realistically to the user input at latencies above 100-150 ms but it's far from the game being unplayable

can confirm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, postalgril said:

its been weeks now how hard can it be really

 

do you want to PM me the address of the servers and i'll go plug them in for you? i'll do it for free i get cheap travel around europe anyway so not a problem 

 

i bet i know the problem your technicians are confused because the plug sockets are different. i have an adapter don't worry

 

download.jpg

Got a chuckle out of this one ngl

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, postalgril said:

well i'll pick them up and drive them then there's no borders for me i can just drive right through, until brexit happens anyway

 

..and then plug them in

 

job done! then i can finally play

You're not very smart, are you?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bambola said:

To be frank, the difference between playing with 20-50 ms and 100-150 ms latency is in... well, about 100 milliseconds, that's less than the duration of a single eye blink. I feel like people inflate the latency issue, undeniably the game doesn't respond realistically to the user input at latencies above 100-150 ms but it's far from the game being unplayable. I used to play on both NA and EU server, maily sniper role and had no significant issues. The only noticeable problems I had was in situations where I was put against people with 300 ms or when the server goes awry.

 

 

Well, +180ms is almost a quarter of a second, in a game with TTK values around 0.65 sec even 150ms is a lot and could end up making your chances to get a kill needing up to +1 more shot or so with any average auto/semi-auto weapon.

From the southern countries of America getting relative decent values due to distance from the server would be anything around 150ms, there's an issue where many people gets +200ms to 220ms in Waterfront or Financial depending the day of the week and that might be due to N.Y. or L.A. server rotation I guess. If anything, 180ms is the average latency for South American players in Jericho.

 

The point is, from 15ms to 60ms you'll be able to play as it is meant to be played, 90ms is the tresshold to start feeling the latency, and above 120ms is an undeniable disadvantage when the reaction time to open fire on engage is like half of that, 150ms is indeed the limit for many games whit capped latency and auto-kick measures in place.

 

In games where latency is 15ms to 50ms as much my personal limit is anything below 90ms, if I choose to play a game where minimum possible latency is 150ms but there's lag above 180ms is noticeably more stressing while 200ms is plain absurd to even try. Personally I got used to an average of 155ms to 165ms while back in the day I used to play with 140ms till DDoS mitigation and stuff happened.

 

That's my personal experience that I wanted to share.

 

Edited by Salvick
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Salvick said:

 

That moment when you've played APB with 200ms for almost 10 years. Feels bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That moment when you've played APB with 200ms for almost 10 years. Feels bad.

 

Seriously? And why did you do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have you plugged them in yet

 

im sooo bored i just wanna play apb

Edited by postalgril
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 11:42 PM, Bambola said:

To be frank, the difference between playing with 20-50 ms and 100-150 ms latency is in... well, about 100 milliseconds, that's less than the duration of a single eye blink. I feel like people inflate the latency issue, undeniably the game doesn't respond realistically to the user input at latencies above 100-150 ms but it's far from the game being unplayable. I used to play on both NA and EU server, maily sniper role and had no significant issues. The only noticeable problems I had was in situations where I was put against people with 300 ms or when the server goes awry.

Dafuck. Having a latency of 80ms instead of a healthy 20 to 30ms means having a 3 to 4 times greater delay than normally.

 

And "just" a blink of an eye? It's a shooter. It is entirely all about reaction time. Latency plays a damn huge roll, just like FPS and the Hz of your monitor to help reacting quicker and more accordingly.

 

Post what you just wrote onto any other fps forum and you'd get dunked.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Dafuck. Having a latency of 80ms instead of a healthy 20 to 30ms means having a 3 to 4 times greater delay than normally.

 

And "just" a blink of an eye? It's a shooter. It is entirely all about reaction time. Latency plays a damn huge roll, just like FPS and the Hz of your monitor to help reacting quicker and more accordingly.

 

Post what you just wrote onto any other fps forum and you'd get dunked.

Maybe actually read what was written. 

The point was that the game is playable at the stated higher latencies, contrary to what some players are saying. 

 

That's being said, you are lying to yourself if you think you can tell the difference between 30ms and 80ms without the help of /fps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Maybe actually read what was written. 

The point was that the game is playable at the stated higher latencies, contrary to what some players are saying. 

 

That's being said, you are lying to yourself if you think you can tell the difference between 30ms and 80ms without the help of /fps. 

And I say that it is not a smooth game experience. Additionally, I could assume that you are also lying to yourselves by claiming that you don't feel any difference at all. So here we are with our discussion.

 

There is no excuse for any company to have these latencies for such a long period of time, especially not when it's running a shooter. If CS:GO or R6:S had these issues, forums would be at war. I wonder why people here are making an exception here. It is a shooter, it is a game with a community that has basic needs. A stable latency is the least thing one could demand.

 

Away with the "LO is here to save us. In contrary to the abusive G1, they are the good guys. We will accept every excuse they make just because we have been treated badly before." mentality.  It's cool that they keep us updated with the migration status, but there is a time where results is all we want to see, not a live status tracker.

 

 

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Additionally, I could assume that you are also lying to yourselves by claiming that you don't feel any difference at all.

Perhaps.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Maybe actually read what was written. 

The point was that the game is playable at the stated higher latencies, contrary to what some players are saying. 

 

That's being said, you are lying to yourself if you think you can tell the difference between 30ms and 80ms without the help of /fps. 

What ?? If you can tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps , you can surely tell the difference between when your network latency doubles. And before you tell me I'm comparing fps and network latency, fps is determined from the latency between each frame the gpu pushes out. Delay is a delay and you can feel it no matter what context.

What about server tickrate? I guess 50ms difference will be nothing too. "Playable".

Usually my network latency is not higher than 50ms and I can surely feel it when it jumps to 80-100ms, especially if driving Vegas.

So don't tell me how  game is "playable".  It's like running crippled.

 

Some people need to take off their rose-tinted glasses finally.

Legit G1 was doing better job running this game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sayori said:

What ?? If you can tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps , you can surely tell the difference between when your network latency doubles. And before you tell me I'm comparing fps and network latency, fps is determined from the latency between each frame the gpu pushes out. Delay is a delay and you can feel it no matter what context.

What about server tickrate? I guess 50ms difference will be nothing too. "Playable".

Usually my network latency is not higher than 50ms and I can surely feel it when it jumps to 80-100ms, especially if driving Vegas.

So don't tell me how  game is "playable".  It's like running crippled.

 

Some people need to take off their rose-tinted glasses finally.

Legit G1 was doing better job running this game.

0hHnS2c.gif

 

Lot to unpack there, lets just agree to disagree.

 

Though I do want to say... no one is defending the current situation, least of all Little Orbit.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...