Excalibur!

Something is going on with hit reg...

almost dethreated (not on purpose) from this no hit reg problem. 

i sware it felt like enemies had kevlar15 equipped

Edited by Newbplay

Yeah, I'm happy for the successful implementation of Battleeye, but now the next immediately pressing issue is the server status. Packet loss is constantly sporadic and shots aren't hitting. I had to stop after one game. It's bizarre that some people are seemingly not affected.

BUT, they said this was bound to be happening. I hope the server fixes are coming soon, I love playing APB:R again!

If the servers are on mitigation, iirc the distance you are from the server is a factor on how severely you are affected. 

41 minutes ago, YumaKirosaki said:

Yeah, I'm happy for the successful implementation of Battleeye, but now the next immediately pressing issue is the server status. Packet loss is constantly sporadic and shots aren't hitting. I had to stop after one game. It's bizarre that some people are seemingly not affected.

BUT, they said this was bound to be happening. I hope the server fixes are coming soon, I love playing APB:R again!

"seemingly"

Hi all,

We had a bad spike of DDOS attacks today. At one point, we had two different attacks from different sources at the same time.

We don't leave mitigation on any longer than necessary for many reasons:

1) It negatively affects performance of the servers

2) We are charged for every minute it is used

3) Our network team works the weekends, so they can respond 

Unfortunately, we've needed it a lot lately.

Having said all that, I will have the devs look at the hitsponge issue.

We did release new code today, so I'm not ruling out any issues there.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We had a bad spike of DDOS attacks today. At one point, we had two different attacks from different sources at the same time.

Thanks,
Matt

No kidding?? That's nuts. Who the hell hates this game and/or wants to troll it that much? 

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

At the end the hit reg issue may be caused just because of that... ddos.

56 minutes ago, YumaKirosaki said:

No kidding?? That's nuts. Who the hell hates this game and/or wants to troll it that much? 

Thanks for the update!

Competency or just the addition of BE... or probably a thing that im thinking but it would be ridiculous.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

On 6/9/2018 at 1:51 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

The game is still unplayable during prime time... because of the unwillingness to pay for ddos mitigation.  The mitigation may seem expensive, but if you have an ACTIVE staff that turns it on within a few minutes of a ddos starting, your game would actually be playable.  Lots of people who are coming back/joining new with great hope of the game coming back under better management than the garbage G1 was doing are becoming extremely demotivated and leaving again.

You may see the mitigation as a waste of money, but without it your game is going to die before you recoup your funds.

• Like 2

Hi there,

We have mitigation, and I have dedicated staff that turn it on immediately as soon as an attack hits.

The problem is more related to how our network is architected and what happens to packets once mitigation is on.

It has nothing to do with cost.

We are working to correct the issue, but it's a significant change to how the game works.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We are working to correct the issue, but it's a significant change to how the game works.

That line really got me wondering for sure. Any details?

Hi there,

I wish I could provide more details, but unfortunately there are members of the community that will use that information against us.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We have mitigation, and I have dedicated staff that turn it on immediately as soon as an attack hits.

The problem is more related to how our network is architected and what happens to packets once mitigation is on.

It has nothing to do with cost.

Thanks,
Matt

receiving a message like "We are working to fix the problem" really brings comfort, however, as Nacitar said many beginning players and even those who returned are again abandoning the game due to the conditions of gameplay caused by the servers, then it comes down to how much time will it take care of the server problem to be solved? Do not misunderstand me, I know that all the staff members are giving way beyond 120% of themselves and doing overtime and that they also have a life beyond APB and we all respect this and admire the way they are working with transparency and dedication, but the servers have been practically odious for 3 weeks in a row ...

as my own experience I would like to compare the current APB 2018 senario with APB 2016 when I got to g1, the quality of the servers was another, same abandoned by g1 and full of hacks and etc, the servers ran for min at 90, 100, 120 , 130 ms without any loss of package and currently this value was for 190, 200, 220, 250 ms with absurd losses of package, this only makes me believe that the quality of the servers that host the game are bad, perhaps one should think in migrating it to other servers of better quality or that at least are stable.

EDIT: before anyone says anything about my connection, my connection I want to add that from 2016 until 2018 my connection went through significant upgrades that would imply better and not worse results in game... 

Matt use your sincerity and tell us, do you think the quality of the server that currently hosts APB is good enough?

Edited by SiiG
add details

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

I wish I could provide more details, but unfortunately there are members of the community that will use that information against us.

Thanks,
Matt

Well, best of luck with the fix. Godspeed.

5 hours ago, Niggs said:

The car you're shooting at is someone's personal vehicle therefore you can't hit it. You're probably hitting a car behind it which is where you're getting the first few hit markers.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Habits said:

The car you're shooting at is someone's personal vehicle therefore you can't hit it. You're probably hitting a car behind it which is where you're getting the first few hit markers.

I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THAT LMAOOOO

i have same problem too as well , not just bullet sponge . also when someone shooting at you u won't see your health draining , you see yourself almost dead and your hud turning instant red after like half of second , u thought he missing his shots at you but apparently not.

Same here, bad hitreg while some players kill you in 5 shots from their secondairy at almost 100m range without missing one shit the entire mission.

What is going on here? 

There used to be server problems , but never this bad.  You see some players move at 2ce the speed of others. 

What happened to the server prediction, some players deff know how to abuse this, like they use lag switch based software to exploit/cheat due to bad server prediction and latency issues.?