supermariobrothe

Things in APB that are detrimental to the mental health of its players

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

riot br mode was panned before it was even confirmed that riot would be a br

the first time i saw anyone complain about the obir was in the thread that announced it was getting a nerf, its currently a pretty rare gun to see ingame and the fact that its "balancing" is a priority over the ntec or shotguns or any of a dozen other garbage weapons is a joke

idk why the shaw is being mentioned but its been fairly redundant ever since the euryale was released especially now that its available for joker tickets, i've still yet to see anyone complain that its unbalanced

Obir is not a rare gun to see, I see it quite a bit

19 minutes ago, RCooper said:

Obir is not a rare gun to see, I see it quite a bit

i usually see one or maybe two per play session, if that

it's all anecdotal since orbit is the only one who knows actual numbers, but despite it apparently being such a "problem" that it needs balancing now it seems like its firmly below meta usage at the very least

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

it's all anecdotal since orbit is the only one who knows actual numbers, but despite it apparently being such a "problem" that it needs balancing now it seems like its firmly below meta usage at the very least

agreed

On 9/17/2019 at 2:16 PM, Solamente said:

exactly, the only times i ever see this gun used in the game is by new players or when someone decides to test their might on baylan.

• Thanks 1

Don't think the APB community is overly toxic. There is that bitter humor at times and a bit of a bite, but compared to other games i think APB is fairly "mature". There is a load of wankers, you add them all to your ignorelist permanently and you wont have problems any more.

That said, the game is at times really aggravating. Stuff doesn't work out the way you want, your computer stutters just that very moment when you have to place the final shot, odd physics cause your car to do weird stuff... the list of annoyances is long. So 9/10 i don't take it personal when people go mad, neither should anyone else.

On the ramraids: 8k is nothing, literally. I used to do ramraids up to 80k per run, each run taking around 30 minutes to complete. But there is no actual point in ramraiding opposed to missions, you can make similar cash in missions and learn a lot more. If you want to ramraid, i guess green district is for you (yes i know there are dethreaters that go there with the express purpose of crashing low threat ram-raiders).

On 9/9/2019 at 10:18 PM, illgot said:

Witness

Crims being witnessed... that is how Enforcers earn money.  They can't simply ram raid in an empty district at N5 all day solo and earn a million credits, they have to get lucky and witness idiots doing this out in the open when there are enforcers around (check the map to see if enforcers log in to the empty district).

and 8k?  That's nothing.  I've been able to gather nearly 250k in 30-45 minutes with my crim.

Now, if you want to really bypass the whole witness system, since you were working with a crew, have one of the crew log on as an Enforcer and just have them hold the money.  The Criminal farms say 5k, blows themselves up which drops the money, Enforcer picks up the money and holds it.  After you reach a goal, the Enforcer stands at the crim drop off with all the cash, the Crim (who can easily reach N5 by mugging) then kills the Enforcer holding the cash, picks it up, takes a step in any direction and completes the drop off.

Your whole complaint about a group of Enforcers doing what is intended is silly.

Bronze/Silver/Gold

The tags should go and so should displaying rank.  No one needs to see anything more than the players name, title, and guild. 

Item hold missions

Players should not be able to hold these items in vehicles or while car surfing.  The whole idea of running with an item in a vegas 4x4 is just boring especially when there is a group of car surfers protecting the car with Aligs/Osmaws/Ntecs.

High level locked gear

Nothing should require more thank rank 85 to use.  

Awful objective placement

This is just part of the game.  Learn to use vehicles to block line of sight and your team mates to draw fire.

Death themes

I just /ignore people with annoying death themes.

The bounty system

This is a system that creates balance.  If one team is slaughtering the other, N5/P5 is the only way to balance the mission and take those players out of the game long enough for the losing opposition to complete the objective.  If you do not want this happening to you, go to a contact and lower your N4/P4 status.  This has to stay as it is or there will be no chance for lower skilled players to win missions against much higher skilled players.

Conclusion

n/a

"I just /ignore people with annoying death themes." that's not really an option when actively playing,  takes too muhc time, and by the time you finish the settings, it's mission over

and I think what he meant with awful objective placement is the start position of mission obejectives when it starts, it's unequal, because many times you start 800+m away and by the time you get there, enemy already did objective, and you had no chance to stop them

On 9/19/2019 at 6:33 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

you forgot the countless mini-glitches and exploits such as medium item jump/drop and door jump.

Cmon man be honest, you dont like jump kicking doors open? It's one of the best glitches in the game of all time lol

1 hour ago, Ohshii said:

Cmon man be honest, you dont like jump kicking doors open? It's one of the best glitches in the game of all time lol

Imagine playing a game where the players are never able to learn and create dynamic gameplay improvements that increase the skill ceiling.

They should add back heavy item juggling.

About death themes... i learned to automatically focus out of the game (either start or alt+tab), with sound turned off while out of focus you can skip a theme entirely, works only on borderless and windowed though

Also you can open the inventory with L to interrupt the MVP's theme at the end of a mission

Edited by TheFakestOfFakeGolds

10 hours ago, Ohshii said:

oh don't get me wrong, its extremely useful. However, i still would like them to add actual mechanics and animations to opening doors, where you DON'T get shot while opening it.

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Imagine playing a game where the players are never able to learn and create dynamic gameplay improvements that increase the skill ceiling.

They should add back heavy item juggling.

you mean the glitch which they took years to fix where they finally decided to fix it because people learned to use and macro it to move roughly 6m/s with heavy items? Or the f and x move a slightly faster one?

There's a difference between gameplay improvements, and glitches that benefit existing gameplay because lazy game devs didn't feel like fixing the actual problems with the game.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2019 at 10:46 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

oh don't get me wrong, its extremely useful. However, i still would like them to add actual mechanics and animations to opening doors, where you DON'T get shot while opening it.

you mean the glitch which they took years to fix where they finally decided to fix it because people learned to use and macro it to move roughly 6m/s with heavy items? Or the f and x move a slightly faster one?

There's a difference between gameplay improvements, and glitches that benefit existing gameplay because lazy game devs didn't feel like fixing the actual problems with the game.

The heavy item glitch is essential to winning many missions, especially those where you need to climb 3 ladders and run it 100M down some back alley. The heavy items should have the same movement speed and medium items, but keep the slow pickup animation.

23 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

The heavy item glitch is essential to winning many missions, especially those where you need to climb 3 ladders and run it 100M down some back alley. The heavy items should have the same movement speed and medium items, but keep the slow pickup animation.

uh no? because you're not going to be moving a heavy item 3 m/s even realistically (thats almost 9 feet a second) lol. I do understand that it is "essential" because the mission locations are broken as f*** but that should be remedied by fixing the locations, not by allowing glitches to remain in place.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:02 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I think you're thinking about this a bit too much.

I'm sorry. Are you talking shit about LeBoyce sound clips? I think you should go get hired at Tasty Burger.

so sad that they are gone, why are they even gone?

On 9/17/2019 at 7:37 AM, CookiePuss said:

agreed

Double Agreed