Tigrix

bugs bugs bugs ... and a future concern.

If you intend to nerf explosive ammo, can you fix so not half of it goes nowhere? :9 

TL;DR: unpopular opinion being shared.

Based on future balance patch notes, more specifically: "In order to limit explosive spam..."
-------------------------------------

Did I misunderstand this phrase? is it referring to regular grenades? or is it generally meant versus OPGL, osmaw, volcano etc?

Because...If explosive spam was powerful, then everyone would be doing it.

• Ntecs are powerful, it's meta.
  • CA is powerful, it's meta.
  • Nulander Pioner/Vegas4x4 is powerful, it's meta.
  • If explosives was powerful...

There's no mention of NTEC's in the "looking ahead" balance patch notes...

I strangely get the feeling that LO is listening to advice from a group of people who would gladly see explosives entirely gone from the game.

@MattScott, do you know how many OPGL grenades a player gets per respawn?
Yes a lot of players won't get affected by the explosives ammo nerf, because using primary explosives is at best situational and not nearly as consistent as
your typical ntec, smg, jg or whatever. I'm sure you have some data from the game of how many people use explosives etc, no?

Something being; powerful, effective, easy.. or a combination of all 3 - also means it becomes meta because majority of players will always seek the easy solution.
What explosives spam are you talking about and who put this agenda on your table that there's "explosives spam"?
Explosives in APB is a minority use, of which very few are successful with it, but far far most stay away from it or end up 0-10.

@Mattscott, you seem a developer that like to use statistics in your decisions - is it fair to ask what statistics you looked at, when you make the statement: 

"In order to limit explosive spam, we want to limit the amount of explosives you can get from the ammo boxes by either having a very limited amount available for certain ammo types, and/or disabling certain ammo types out-right."

My post might be "too soon", but I do hope not all your player advisory consist of friends who brought on their friends and mostly all have 1 shared play-style and are preaching in your ear that everything else is "lame".
I fear you'll kill off APB by shredding the things that make the game unique, among them is the play-styles and if you're gonna limit  play-styles you should be focusing firstly on what's being used by 98% of the players, not the 2% - this goes for mods and for weaponry.

/Mr unpopular opinion - flame shield activated 💀

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Based on future balance patch notes, more specifically: "In order to limit explosive spam..."
-------------------------------------

Did I misunderstand this phrase? is it referring to regular grenades? or is it generally meant versus OPGL, osmaw, volcano etc?

its not very hard to understand - things that explode are now limited

limited ammo is very much an intended downside to explosive weapons and resupply boxes could be used to completely circumvent that 

i don't mind the resupply box changes (in fact i think they should be much harsher), i just wish they were more consistent

On 8/15/2019 at 5:03 PM, Glaciers said:
  • the percentage of explosive resupply is different for just about every weapon i quickly tested
    • opgl gets 12 (16) grenades max
    • osmaw gets 4 (4) rockets max
    • volcano gets 8 (12) rockets max
    • deep impact gets 4 (9) grenades max
    • low yields get 4 (3) grenades max

edit: also if there's a gun i could say i main it would probably be the opgl, just in case anyone wants to throw any "salty cuz killed" accusations around

Edited by Glaciers
edit

that also happens to regular grenades sometimes...
it's mostly noticed when spamming nades on a carspawn closeby and they just lie there for a few seconds... sometimes they get swallowed too.

and yea, this is kind of a gamebreaking bug that has been in APB for ages..

2 hours ago, Clandestine said:

it's been like this since years?

It being an ongoing and continually ignored issue doesn't excuse it.

Who cares if your ammo is limited, if the ammo is in your gun and you left click, the fucking thing needs to shoot and explode.

This shit is ridiculous hahaha who the fuck fires a grenade launcher and the grenades turn out to be blanks. What kind of RNG excuse bullshoot is that hahahah jesus christ on a bicycle going downhill in the rain

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Who cares if your ammo is limited, if the ammo is in your gun and you left click, the fucking thing needs to shoot and explode.

This shit is ridiculous hahaha who the fuck fires a grenade launcher and the grenades turn out to be blanks. What kind of RNG excuse bullshoot is that hahahah jesus christ on a bicycle going downhill in the rain

He can do this, don't worry, but obviously LO should fix all these issues, before or after, they said to make apb great again, so, make it.

Yeah, I'm in favor of nerfing grenade spam but not explosive weapon spam. Sure, they can place some form of limit ig but not the ones they have proposed rn. And the blank firing thing is so annoying, it screwed me over the other day in a mission. 

I agree though, the opgl and other explosives need to be more consistent. All explosives primaries are pretty situational, and need to be consistent for that reason. They need to be just as consistent as the boring Meta weapons that everyone loves to run (also when it's the ntec getting nerfed wtf LO). 

• Like 2

i wish 4/4 shots from an opgl would disappear. every. single. time.

the recent patch feels kinda like LO are trying to force everyone into NTEC and concussion grenades meta gaming style 😾

also who will use low yield grenades when you no longer get 3 of them and still get 2 of every other grenade? its puzzles me that someone would pick 2 lower damage grenades if they can get 2 more powerful grenades or 2 other utility. This also seem like a big buff to percs which people will moan to nerf next, right? 

then we soon reach the stage where everyone is using same loadout as the APB veteran streamers like ntec and concussion grenades ha ha, thanks LO for this diversity.....

APB is to be a battle of ntecs and concussions to stop the "lame vehicles" or the coming EMP grenades made for same reason right?? 
 it feels the gaming style advice that LO get from the people they are asking behind the scene is very onesided !!!sighs 😿

Just now, Tiana90 said:

also who will use low yield grenades when you no longer get 3 of them and still get 2 of every other grenade?

low yields werent changed at all in this patch and the resupply changes still allow you to resupply up to 4 low yields from a single box, so i have no idea where you're getting these numbers from

On 8/17/2019 at 2:42 AM, Ohshii said:

On 8/17/2019 at 7:17 PM, Goldtiger said:

Yeah, I'm in favor of nerfing grenade spam but not explosive weapon spam. Sure, they can place some form of limit ig but not the ones they have proposed rn. And the blank firing thing is so annoying, it screwed me over the other day in a mission. 

I agree though, the opgl and other explosives need to be more consistent. All explosives primaries are pretty situational, and need to be consistent for that reason. They need to be just as consistent as the boring Meta weapons that everyone loves to run (also when it's the ntec getting nerfed wtf LO). 

Yep yep=)

Makes you wonder who's serving up the agenda for LO, as they're chasing down the smallest % of players who are not using the META playstyle, meta guns, meta mods  etc....
Almost like a... "Get on-board with the meta, or get out!".

Would be cool seeing some catering to non-meta play-styles for a good while until things start to change a bit, instead of this silly ntec privilege show.

I wonder if thats framerate related and the server is just skipping the frame where it collides with the ground.

there are some true holes in the map where they always go underground.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:09 PM, Tiana90 said:

also who will use low yield grenades when you no longer get 3 of them and still get 2 of every other grenade?

Lower fuse time, higher flight speed, better throwing arc. Overall they're easier to use than Frags and Conqs.