xPanzerShrekx

What do you think about Car Surfer?

What do you think about Car Surfer?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Car Surfer?

• It's fine as-is.
    • The concept is fine, but it needs minor changes.
    • The concept is fine, but it needs major changes.
    • It should be removed.

1 hour ago, illgot said:

Are you on Jericho, how many hours do you play daily?  How high of rank were you when "I did it all the time"?

I have a few characters I keep below rank 100 they can gain access to 10-15 JTs per contact.  Unless you are playing a lot and have access to higher rank contacts, you are only farming around 30 JTs a day sporadically.

The system is fine for those playing a lot, leveling up quickly, and on every day, but it is not sustainable for retaining new players who tend to play more casually.

On Jericho our population is low, maybe 1 full bronze district and close to full silver district at prime.  We have a massive issue with player retention and the current rank 195 requirement isn't helping when people feel powerless to compete.

I said there were enough ways to get JT not just one way by contacts alone. (doesn't mean more new ways to add content wouldn't be nice)

I played for an hour or two each day and earned tickets any way available back then.

there's even more ways to get tickets now than back then.

Saying " new people don't play as much"  does not say the game is unbalanced for tickets.

As for Jericho depending on the time of day , including social , there's enough for  3 full districts ,  however some of you choose to modify cars clothes and socialize.

the matches are not completely from lack of players , but from those on do more than just have matches.

still need a bigger population though so start inviting  your friends and group up to make it more fun.

as for the car surfer mod itself , do you feel confident enough to sit on a car being an easy target?

even golds die fast under ops using proper aiming no matter the threat color. (some shoot blindly rather than taking the time to breathe and aim)

Remove all of G1's 195 modifications.

If you want new modifications:

- create something balanced

- do not lock them behind HIGH ranks when MM doesn't give a flying monkey about HIGH ranks

Even explosives can be unlocked by any noob with some joker tickets, these G1 195 modifications are just balance breaking junk. The game never needed them, it needed the EU.

Remote det is the worst of them all.

And as for '"new" lower rank modifications;  if it was up to me, car spawner would instantly kill you for using it. Was any single one of the G1 modifications good for the game? Why didn't they just focus on the engine upgrade. Fight club was good, could have used new maps... as a side project.  Anywayy... that's just me.

Edited by Monolillity
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monolillity said:

really?

id go with blowtorch or high burn fuel, since they both alter car gameplay for the worse

not sure about just deleting them all tho, wouldn’t it would be far better for the game in the long run to balance them?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

really?

id go with blowtorch or high burn fuel, since they both alter car gameplay for the worse

not sure about just deleting them all tho, wouldn’t it would be far better for the game in the long run to balance them?

Those definitely are up there as well and you pin-point their exact problem; they alter the game-play for the worse.

In my opinion? No, these modifications you mention do not enhance the game-play in any way, they cripple it, get rid of it. It feels like some brain-storm session team forced themselves into thinking about X amount of modifications to add without ever (really) playing the game. In skilled hands / teams these modifications are mind-blowing additions. The ones you might "fix" from that amazing think-tank session are; tagger, mobility sling and high magnification scope, I'd say.

For example, high magnification scope; maybe go for something like plain zoom-mods in different categories (high magnification isn't the worst but it shouldn't be behind rank 195 and the zoom factor is locked to a rate suitable mostly for launchers, great stuff. Yeah I'd remove this one if it was up to me and go back to the drawing board).

And completely different new stuff: like, specific arresting / burglar modifications, for example something that would multiple gains for cops and somewhat higher always-witnessable stack possession for criminals so that cops can finally farm solo and as for crims the 'stack solution' G1 added was just a band-aid which made farming on empty servers a really important thing... way to go. This part of the game could use more TLC, modification exploration in my opinion.  I'd even go as far as modifications to help new people; free car spawns, more gains ( as in money / exp / jokers modification mods, cumulative with any premium package).

I need a fresh coke but first let's see what runner is crying about now.

Edited by Monolillity

53 minutes ago, Monolillity said:

id have to say spotter is probably worse because you don't know you were spotted.

50 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

haven't heard those two mentioned as worse lately so I don't remember how so.

2 minutes ago, Monolillity said:

Those definitely are up there as well and you pin-point their exact problem; they alter the game-play for the worse.

In my opinion? No, these modifications you mention do not enhance the game-play in any way, they cripple it, get rid of it. It feels like some brain-storm session team forced themselves into thinking about X amount of modifications to add without ever (really) playing the game. In skilled hands / teams these modifications are mind-blowing additions. The ones you might "fix" from that amazing think-tank session are; tagger, mobility sling and high magnification scope, I'd say.

For example, high magnification scope; maybe go for something like plain zoom-mods in different categories (high magnification isn't the worst but it shouldn't be behind rank 195 and the zoom factor is locked to a rate suitable mostly for launchers, great stuff. Yeah I'd remove this one if it was up to me and go back to the drawing board).

And completely different new stuff: like, specific arresting / burglar modifications, for example something that would multiple gains for cops and somewhat higher always-witnessable stack possession for criminals so that cops can finally farm solo and as for crims the 'stack solution' G1 added was just a band-aid which made farming on empty servers a really important thing... way to go. This part of the game could use more TLC, modification exploration in my opinion.  I'd even go as far as modifications to help new people; free car spawns / more gains ( as in money / exp / jokers modification mods, cumulative with any premium package).

I need a fresh coke but first let's see what runner is crying about now.

i don’t want to derail the thread too much but i enjoy balancing discussion 

it’s entirely possible to bring all the modifications in line imo, although the first thing that needs to happen is the removal of rank restrictions 

spitballing here but:

-high burn fuel changed to lower explosive damage by x% / lower acceleration or top speed (specialized fuel, not optimal for performance?) / lower vehicle health (specialized engine, more fragile?)

-blowtorch changes to only repair x% of vehicle health / slower repair time (gas station speed) 

-spotter (and tagger) changed for increased cd / more visible for the tagee 

im unsure about adding too much new stuff tbh, as you said the last round of mods are kind of forced, i think it would be better to get what we have balanced before slamming new stuff on top

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

where exactly is the misinformation here?

this

"Friendly reminder that if you use car surfer, it doesn't mean you have to ride on the roof every time."

That's just a clear blatant lie, Like saying if you have remote detonater you don't Have to blow it up every time.

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

it’s entirely possible to bring all the modifications in line imo, although the first thing that needs to happen is the removal of rank restrictions 

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

im unsure about adding too much new stuff tbh, as you said the last round of mods are kind of forced, i think it would be better to get what we have balanced before slamming new stuff on top

absolutely.

Just now, Zolerox said:

this

"Friendly reminder that if you use car surfer, it doesn't mean you have to ride on the roof every time."

That's just a clear blatant lie, Like saying if you have remote detonater you don't Have to blow it up every time.

but the hood is the front of the car.... it blocks view of the driver and is an easier target to those camping at the objective point already.

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

but the hood is the front of the car.... it blocks view of the driver and is an easier target to those camping at the objective point already.

I think  your missing the point (or i didn't understand cookie properly)

cookie (or at least me) didn't mean only the roof i mean riding on cars entirely (where on the car doesn't matter)

the point was if you have car surfer you don't have to surf on a car every time, sometimes it's better to get into a passenger seat Would a vip ever car surf?

Just now, Zolerox said:

I think  your missing the point (or i didn't understand cookie properly)

cookie (or at least me) didn't mean only the roof i mean riding on cars entirely (where on the car doesn't matter)

the point was if you have car surfer you don't have to surf on a car every time, sometimes it's better to get into a passenger seat Would a vip ever car surf?

I think cookie meant not to be on the front hood if using car surfer ,  and he would be right for that.

and you clearly mean its better to be inside and that's right too.

car surfer is vulnerable,  but you have to have someone paying attention to who has that mod , and make sure to kill that easy target , otherwise it can be a real problem.

not always so easy to do.

5 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Would a vip ever car surf?

I've seen a few do it....i think its nuts

19 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

id have to say spotter is probably worse because you don't know you were spotted.

haven't heard those two mentioned as worse lately so I don't remember how so.

High burn removes the explosion damage., It means you can use your burning vehicle as cover with no risk. Blow torch repairs vehicles at a faster rate than an Alig can deal damage. It can be used while leaning out of the vehicle and while car surfing.

Spotter is equivalent to using a wall hack. I say this because I abuse the crap out of it.

2 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

High burn removes the explosion damage., It means you can use your burning vehicle as cover with no risk. Blow torch repairs vehicles at a faster rate than an Alig can deal damage. It can be used while leaning out of the vehicle and while car surfing.

Spotter is equivalent to using a wall hack. I say this because I abuse the crap out of it.

I know what they do but I don't understand how blowtorch or high burn fuel is worse than others.

As for spotter ,  that one I mentioned because it is unbalanced to me and others for various reasons.

But unlike others , I am not saying to remove any mods , but they could use a balancing  of their own.

7 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

Blow torch repairs vehicles at a faster rate than an Alig can deal damage

this part I remember now but I had forgotten thank you

8 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

Spotter is equivalent to using a wall hack

technically a team wall hack which is why I personally think its worse

doesn't mean I'm right of course It's just an opinion.

29 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

this

i honestly can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not 

17 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i honestly can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not 

It's sarcasm. 

U guys claimed that you are not even 195r yet you are whining about this mod being so unfair, its unbeliveable! This is a shooter game with RPG features where you are literally able to kill a veteran who owns all the items already.

You will get your mods eventualy and it does not even takes that much time. You want everything right now without work. Wheres the joy from progress? You are a rookie, just fukin embrace that! You dont even need that mod.

But if you want that car surfer like your life literally depends on it cuz its so hella OP, you can go farm some JT and buy it, so you can experience being an open moving target finally so you can apologize and ask to close this stupid threat already.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

U guys claimed that you are not even 195r yet you are whining about this mod being so unfair, its unbeliveable! This is a shooter game with RPG features where you are literally able to kill a veteran who owns all the items already.

You will get your mods eventualy and it does not even takes that much time. You want everything right now without work. Wheres the joy from progress? You are a rookie, just fukin embrace that! You dont even need that mod.

But if you want that car surfer like your life literally depends on it cuz its so hella OP, you can go farm some JT and buy it, so you can experience being an open moving target finally so you can apologize and ask to close this stupid threat already.

weapon role 13/14 mods aren’t unlocked until you get 20k kills, yet people are allowed to buy them off the mp and use them - the grind is still there and if you want to skip it you have to pay, why should r195 mods be any different?

the joker store leases aren’t really a good substitution imo, aside from a newer player probably not even knowing the joker store exists, farming out joker tickets will probably allow players to rent 1 mod a week (partly due to skill, or lack of skill, and partly due to the hard cap of contact dailies)

and its also another recurring apb$ expense on top of weapon leases

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I have 2 max ranks, 1 near max rank and 2 sub 100s I keep like that intentionally.  It is exponentially more difficult for a sub rank 100 player to compete against people with car surfer, remote Det, tagger, radar, ect. and this is with access to all my account wide weapons/vehicles/legendaries/knowledge.

This is one reason we can't get new players to stay, the game is skewed to vets in a massive way.  It's no fun being the lowbie.

Lower all rank requirements to rank 85, let lower ranks buy the mods off the AH like they can any mod.

Edited by illgot

10 minutes ago, illgot said:

Lower all rank requirements to rank 85, let lower ranks buy the mods off the AH like they can any mod.

some people suggested removing mod rank requirements as well.

25 minutes ago, illgot said:

Lower all rank requirements to rank 85

14 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

some people suggested removing mod rank requirements as well.

yeah i think r85 would be fine, keeps in line with nitro 3

The mod issue is tricky. 

I think the problem is APB tries to be both a competitive (PvP) shooter AND an RPG. 

The shooter part says all combatants should be playing on equal ground. 

The RPG part demands progression, item unlocks and the like. 

Honestly I think this is a big reason APB isn't successful. In tying to be two things at once, it fails at both. 

On 7/7/2019 at 1:06 PM, RCooper said:

they should make available before r195 ,many r195+ like to run  with osmaw/volcano/alig in 4x4/coywolf/vegas/espacio/pioneer  and it is very hard or impossible to stop them when u are low rank

Le Joker Store

On 7/7/2019 at 8:08 AM, illgot said:

it's impossible for sub rank 100s or new players to farm enough tickets to keep the game fair.  And driving off new players because they do not stand a chance against vets isn't really helping our population.

i just made a new crim.. never made a crim before so thought i would give it a go. I am at rank something like 30 and I have been able to get it int he joker store.

I'd like car surfing to return to how it originally was.  When you didn't need a mod, but needed a little bit of skill to stay on the roof.  If I remember correctly, before Car Surfer was implemented you could car surf if you had the skill to stay on the roof and you wouldn't just slide off like the roof is buttered.  As it is right now, you can just stand on the roof with no issues like you're just magnetized to it if you have the mod equipped.  Before the mod existed you would have to move in the direction that the car is moving to stay on board.  So if the car steers and you move in the direction the car is turning then you're fine, but if you don't make the adjustment then you fall off.  So if we were to go back to that way of doing it then I'd love to see the mod removed.  It's insanely stupid that riding on the roof of  a car is restricted to R195+ characters.  And now that fight club has a requirement of R30+ brand new characters just won't be able to get the JT's to get it from the joker store.  This isn't even a "think of the newbies!" complaint from me, it just makes sense.  Also with having to move to stay on, it forces you to have slightly reduced accuracy while shooting, depending on the weapon.  Currently there is absolutely no downside to the mod and I see that as a problem.

Edited by BrandonBranderson