Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So, I am looking for me, because my aiming is bad in close ranges, and I found ATAC 424 JT2, For 8K JT, And now I want to know if I should buy it, And if I buy it what are the best Mods for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blockblack said:

So, I am looking for me, because my aiming is bad in close ranges, and I found ATAC 424 JT2, For 8K JT, And now I want to know if I should buy it, And if I buy it what are the best Mods for it?

are you buying the ATAC to help you in close ranges?

Its more of a mid-range weapon, hipfire on it isnt great

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

are you buying the ATAC to help you in close ranges?

Its more of a mid-range weapon, hipfire on it isnt great

 

I am buying it for close and medium ranges, I am shit at using medium/far range weps in close ranges, so what mods should i put to it? I see people use it in close ranges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean buying anything keeps the servers alive

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you aren’t good at aiming in cqc then the atac probably isn’t a good choice, as using marksmanship mode is preferred most of the time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keshi said:

I mean buying anything keeps the servers alive

I am buying it for JT so...

Just now, Glaciers said:

if you aren’t good at aiming in cqc then the atac probably isn’t a good choice, as using marksmanship mode is preferred most of the time 

what is cqc? also will that mod that makes aiming better when not in marksman mode make that wep good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blockblack said:

I am buying it for JT so...

what is cqc? also will that mod that makes aiming better when not in marksman mode make that wep good?

cqc is close quarters combat - generally regarded as 0-30 in apb 

 

reflex sight will make your accuracy when in marksmanship mode worse (affecting mid range fights), but it will give you a larger field of view 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, blockblack said:

I am buying it for JT so...

Well as was mentioned you will be aiming down sights with the weapon, so Mobility Sling is the only "must have" mod imo.

Cooling Jacket makes the weapon bloom to hell.

Improved Rifling is rendered useless as even at 50m base accuracy the ATAC isnt good enough to min stk without a great deal of RNG.

For me Orange mods only really matter for degrees of zoom.

Reflex sight 1 will make it easier to ADS in cqc situations.

Hunting sight is fine, but realize every level makes the ATAC worse when hipfiring.

 

So Mob Sling, RS1/HS, blue mod (my preference is for Mag Pull 3, but some players prefer Extended Mag)

 

Ive never understood the HS3 IR3 ATAC loadouts.

 

 

 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well as was mentioned you will be aiming down sights with the weapon, so Mobility Sling is the only "must have" mod imo.

Cooling Jacket makes the weapon bloom to hell.

Improved Rifling is rendered useless as even at 50m base accuracy the ATAC isnt good enough to min stk without a great deal of RNG.

For me Orange mods only really matter for degrees of zoom.

Reflex sight 1 will make it easier to ADS in cqc situations.

Hunting sight is fine, but realize every level makes the ATAC worse when hipfiring.

 

So Mob Sling, RS1/HS, blue mod (my preference is for Mag Pull 3, but some players prefer Extended Mag)

 

Ive never understood the HS3 IR3 ATAC loadouts.

 

 

 

 

23 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

cqc is close quarters combat - generally regarded as 0-30 in apb 

 

reflex sight will make your accuracy when in marksmanship mode worse (affecting mid range fights), but it will give you a larger field of view 

So I buy it or not? final answer please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well as was mentioned you will be aiming down sights with the weapon, so Mobility Sling is the only "must have" mod imo.

Cooling Jacket makes the weapon bloom to hell.

Improved Rifling is rendered useless as even at 50m base accuracy the ATAC isnt good enough to min stk without a great deal of RNG.

For me Orange mods only really matter for degrees of zoom.

Reflex sight 1 will make it easier to ADS in cqc situations.

Hunting sight is fine, but realize every level makes the ATAC worse when hipfiring.

 

So Mob Sling, RS1/HS, blue mod (my preference is for Mag Pull 3, but some players prefer Extended Mag)

 

Ive never understood the HS3 IR3 ATAC loadouts.

 

 

 

Never use ms and rs at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, blockblack said:

So I buy it or not? final answer please.

Go to ARMAS and preview it (for free) for 30 minutes (or 2 hours if you are premium user).

That way you can find out for yourself if the weapon fit your way of playing or not.

 

4 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

Never use ms and rs at the same time.

Why not?

Reason for Mobility Sling is to move faster while you are aiming down the sights.

Reason for Reflex Sight 1 is to get bigger field which make it easier to aim down sights during close encounters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uhtdred said:

Never use ms and rs at the same time.

Not sure if joking or not.

 

As stated, Orange mods are more about zoom that anything. This is why I suggest RS1, same zoom as RS2 and RS3, but not damaging enough to ADS to matter.

Just like with guns such as the M1922, The Manic, and the The ACES Rifle ( all of which rely heavily on Mob Sling, using RS1 can be added to reduce ADS zoom, which both makes it easier to ADS CQC targets in MM mode (less zoom), but also gives a slight buff to hipfire efficiency.

 

The ATAC is sort of the close range AR, and will never compete with other AR's past 35-45 meters due to its base accuracy being too low. Even slow tap firing, the crosshair doesn't reduce enough to reliably hit enemies beyond this range.

 

Remember the person in question was buying the ATAC to improve his cqc skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, blockblack said:

 

So I buy it or not? final answer please.

if you have trouble using marksmanship mode at close range, no

 

something like the nfas or oca would probably be a better option, as you can hipfire effectively without many accuracy penalties 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not spend 8k JT's on a permanent ATAC.

I'd rather save up to 10k and buy the 4 slots 4x4/firebomb. or keep stacking these JT's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blockblack said:

So, I am looking for me, because my aiming is bad in close ranges, and I found ATAC 424 JT2, For 8K JT, And now I want to know if I should buy it, And if I buy it what are the best Mods for it?

If you are ready to be loved and hated go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own it and never use it.  It's decent but not a CQC weapon, try a shotgun or Whisper OCA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, foscor77 said:

atac is a great gun. buy it. 

and don't listen to people that get angry when you kill them.

 

I just trolled a team with the NFAS and they were pissed I was using such a cheesy gun but hey, i was having fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can buy the one for Joker Tickets. Don't spend real money on it though. Get an account wide N-TEC 5 Dvah instead 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ATAC 424... well... I used it and at current I have mixed feelings at it. Back in pre-nerf era it was "must have". ATAC was killing as equally in range as in close distance. It was hard to counter with even SMGs (which struggled at time). Now? Well ATAC is kind-ish close quaters and kind-ish AR. Meaning in nutshell that you will struggle with pointsman weapons at their respective range (but not with other weapons) and you will struggle with assault rifles at their respective ranges. And honestly ATAC forces you to jump people most of time and doesn't work that effectively if you are jumped all of sudden.

If you ask me. STAR 556 or FAR is pretty decent alternative. It can be CQ if you make it or can be middle range overkiller if you make it with right mods. Plus unlike ATAC, STAR and FAR actually can shot at long range (although with heavy damage drop-off, even with IR if i'm aware). And from personal experince - both weapons are very good at "panic defense". Even from shoulder running in 5 meters this weapon got pretty decent chances to hit your attacker. Although I wouldn't bet for you to rely on this weapons to be effective as that kind of "last defense", it's still way more universal weapon than ATAC.

Still at some point I decided that STAR (and later FAR) is better than ATAC, so who knows - maybe you find my opinion similiar.

Edited by Mitne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mitne said:

ATAC 424... well... I used it and at current I have mixed feelings at it. Back in pre-nerf era it was "must have". ATAC was killing as equally in range as in close distance. It was hard to counter with even SMGs (which struggled at time). Now? Well ATAC is kind-ish close quaters and kind-ish AR. Meaning in nutshell that you will struggle with pointsman weapons at their respective range (but not with other weapons) and you will struggle with assault rifles at their respective ranges. And honestly ATAC forces you to jump people most of time and doesn't work that effectively if you are jumped all of sudden.

If you ask me. STAR 556 or FAR is pretty decent alternative. It can be CQ if you make it or can be middle range overkiller if you make it with right mods. Plus unlike ATAC, STAR and FAR actually can shot at long range (although with heavy damage drop-off, even with IR if i'm aware). And from personal experince - both weapons are very good at "panic defense". Even from shoulder running in 5 meters this weapon got pretty decent chances to hit your attacker. Although I wouldn't bet for you to rely on this weapons to be effective as that kind of "last defense", it's still way more universal weapon than ATAC.

Still at some point I decided that STAR (and later FAR) is better than ATAC, so who knows - maybe you find my opinion similiar.

Mitne? that's you in fight club abington towers, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blockblack said:

Mitne? that's you in fight club abington towers, right?

Yes. Citadel Asylum or Baylan - it's always me. Same name as forum one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...