Many players are limited to 101fps because they do not have a 120Hz or higher monitor. If you are one of these users, this guide is for you.
This will not affect overall performance. If you do not get 100fps on average, you most likely will not benefit from this setting.
For AMD GPUs, you might need to find an alternative solution. I do not have an AMD GPU to test with. (Feedback welcomed)
Warning: DO NOT set your monitor's refresh rate to the 120hz. You will mostly likely get a black screen and may need to boot your PC in safe mode to fix it. APB does not care what your refresh rate is, it just looks at the extension blocks for a 120hz entry.
Custom Resolution Utility:
1). Download CRU, extract the .zip file, and open the application. You should see something similar to this:
2a). Under "Standard resolutions" click "Add..." You should see a window popup. Enter "120" next to Refresh rate.
2b). If you do not have enough slots left for Standard resolutions, select click "Add..." under "Extension blocks."
- In the popup window, click "Add..." under "Detailed resolutions."
- For "Timing", select "Automatic - LCD Standard." Enter "120" next to Refresh rate. Click "OK", then click "OK" again.
3). Click OK on the main window, and the applications should close.
4). Inside the extracted folder, run the appropriate application. This will restart your graphics driver.
- For users with a 64 Bit OS: "restart64programprogram"
- For users with a 32 Bit OS: "restartprogramprogram"
5). Launch APB. When in game, open the chat box and type "/fps". You should now see 121 fps as the limit.
- Now enjoy your extra 20 frames per second.