bentobox

What do you like about APB?

Why do you keep coming back to APB day in and day out ?

With any luck this is read, and it is thought about before making large changes...

Personally I like

1. Driving around, while listening to music

2. Customization of the character.

3. Action district missions, when the match is fair or close.

Interesting topic ^^

APB always been very much important in my long gaming experience, it's still my favorite game after all these years.

Why you would say right? Isn't that difficult to know.

List

1. Customization: Advanced and Special, i've NEVER seen something like that in my life, even in 2019/2020 games

2. Driving/Jumping: Why not? I LOVE to jump around with my vegas 4x4, doing tricks, reach high spots, climb buildings etc

3. Meeting other players: I am a kind, friendly and gentle guy, i really like to hanging out with friends and in general the entire community

4. Gameplay mechanics: Aren't the best out there, of course, but we are talking about a 2010 (maybe more back) gameplay mechanics, revisited after all (obviously), but in general.. this is so cool and can't wait to see what the future will bring to it

5. Incredible flashbacks of the past: Playing since 2010, sometimes i do have those incredibly good flashbacks about the past and dang, feels so good.

Probably more 😺

This game is unique and no one is even similar to it.

❤️ RIOT is love ❤️ (because finally i can really play with my max ranked character), i don't like Fight Club that much.

Edited by Guest

Because of the benevolent community, of course. Maybe the game isn't so great but the community and Forum are.

Edited by Bambola
  • Like 1

APB IS the only reason I still have a PC in my house (I was going to get a new MAC as it fulfills every other thing I do but it wont run APB so..). I have no other games installed on my home PC. BTW I work in IT, make PC games and websites for a living and I have NO other games installed on my home pc.

I dont know why I have stuck with APB for so long. Probably because I know some people who worked on it back in RTW times (I live in Dundee - my office used to look directly in to the windows of RTW so While my minions were working away I would stand at the window and wonder what they were building right now on APB) and its nostalgic or maybe because I was looking for this exact type of game when it came out and its always scratched that itch ever since (although I did stop playing for about a year when Tiggs the fuckin tard got me banned from the forums for no reason WANKER!).

And of course its fun 😛

Edited by Seedy
  • Like 2

When i reconnect after a month:

-Launcher error code 10022, can't connect
-Can't see objective in mission or allies or contact
-Can't trade for 3 days and idk why
- Then getting disconnected by Easy Anti-Cheat after trying 10.000 time to connect with the code 10022

Fuck off

what do i like about apb?

how (underneath all the balance flaws) deceptively simple and polished the core gameplay is, altho we’ve been moving farther and farther away from that ideal over the years 

the customization, while limited, is still in a league of its own compared to every other shooter 

the open world maps, while not the biggest or the most detailed, are actually 100% functional due to the dynamic mission system assigning objectives throughout 

• Like 1

Apb has everything..its a second life for apb players.

1.Your job in apb is either a crim or a cop. You earn money by killing or stealing.

2.You can dress in a new cloth everyday and u get to purchase and customise it according to ur wish or buy a preset.

3.You can purchase your vehicle and customise it accordingly. Hey..go near a car spawn machine in the city and press a key it will magically appear. Lots of garage space saved. Cars with unlimited fuel ranging from 0-100 dollars.

4.Repairing cost of vehicle is completely free. Based on your dedication into the game you will be provided with a kit which can repair ur car anytime without goin to repair shop.

5. Make acquaintances with strangers..and if ure single there is a high chance you get hooked up with a girlfriend or a guy friend.

6. Try out a huge variety of weapons. More u play the game more you unlock 'em. Try paid guns for free for a limited time from armas or if u are a cheapo..sweat more in fightclubs by doing tasks and get em permanent.

7. Want a new haircut or a new tattoo everyday? All u gotta do is play the game and earn money..

8. Feel like taunting someone after a win/arrest? Feel like dancing to a song? We've got a bunch of emotes.

And lots more..

Edited by Defibrillator
Typo
  • Like 1

1. Customization

2. Unpredictable randomness

3. Buggy moments that make me laugh and cry

4. Cars

5. Racing District

• Like 1

Friendly fire.

Seems to be a dying trend in shooters and it's one of the most game balancing and ultimately satisfying features in a team shooter in my opinion.

12 hours ago, bentobox said:

Personally I like

1. Driving around, while listening to music

2. Customization of the character.

Custom Vehicles of Nostalgia, i like the old cars. And I like Pretending that I have this car with Big sound n Im Old but I have this Big patootie gun n Muscles.

Lets Be HOnest here, it is FEAR. Gangsters Call it Respect. 

When i first came on here, seeing certain players fkn scared ya, You're like. Who the fk is That Dude,,Thats what i Want, i want players to Fear me and wonder, Who th fk is That Dude

I dont play modern music, i play old riffy Heavy Rock, so my music reflects my character and his attitude.

So long story short, if there was no music player or older cars. id be long gone a long time ago

APB is a really unique game, there are not many others like it. Sure the game has it bad and good moments, but that is what I think that makes this game so unique. And I've been here since 2011, so I kinda grew up with this game so I give it a special place in my heart.

1, Customization

2.  Community and forum

3. Fight club