Sign in to follow this  
illgot

new HVR rules?

goofing off with a silenced HVR (not the Scout) and ended up shooting a guy 3 times before he died.

Had the gun out the whole time and he was not wearing Kevlar.

what are the new rules for the HVR doing lower damage?

focus crosshair and not try to reflex ppl cause dmg is linked to size of crosshair

3 minutes ago, TheSxW said:

focus crosshair and not try to reflex ppl cause dmg is linked to size of crosshair

ok thanks.  With how slowly the crosshair shrinks it's not a viable weapons anymore.

Edited by illgot

5 minutes ago, illgot said:

ok thanks.  With how slowly the crosshair shrinks it's not a viable weapons anymore.

lul

• Like 4

it still can be bugged abit to speed up the crosshair closing up but i will enem add abit of stand / crouch crosshair spread to prevent doing some "russian folk dance" or "i need to poo" thing

36 minutes ago, illgot said:

Still the most retorded weapon in the game.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like u were using "reaper". That gun is just bad. Adeen is much better. Adeen is 3 shot kill too, however you dont have to wait ages between each shot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CatInTuxedo7 said:

Sounds like u were using "reaper". That gun is just bad. Adeen is much better. Adeen is 3 shot kill too, however you dont have to wait ages between each shot.

silenced HVR, promo for 3 days.  Not a scout series weapon.

When was the last time you used a HVR? I would recommend you practice in Fightclub.

16 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

When was the last time you used a HVR? I would recommend you practice in Fightclub.

maybe over a year now.

8 hours ago, illgot said:

What, the HVR isn't viable anymore because it finally has to be played like it was intended to be played?

It's still a 850 damage on one click gun. It's still insane and immensely helps your team.

7 hours ago, CatInTuxedo7 said:

No, he obviously used the silenced HVR. Why do you call the HVR "Adeen"?

And you're VERY outdated. Silencers don't slow down the chambering animation anymore. Haven't done so for years.

Edited by GhosT
another quote

11 hours ago, illgot said:

goofing off with a silenced HVR (not the Scout) and ended up shooting a guy 3 times before he died.

Had the gun out the whole time and he was not wearing Kevlar.

what are the new rules for the HVR doing lower damage?

I also got back to APB recently and still have some things to re-figure out 😛 

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Chances are you missed or one shot didn't register. 

server may have not registered a shot but there were 3 blood splatters when I hit him 3 times.  I was probably quick scoping, snipe/snipe, shocked he was still alive and quickly scoped a third time for the kill.

The crosshairs size/damage explains the few times I survived an HVR hit as well close up when someone shot me with their primary and quick shot me with their HVR.

Edited by illgot

6 minutes ago, illgot said:

server may have not registered a shot but there were 3 blood splatters when I hit him 3 times.  I was probably quick scoping, snipe/snipe, shocked he was still alive and quickly scoped a third time for the kill.

The crosshairs size/damage explains the few times I survived an HVR hit as well close up when someone shot me with their primary and quick shot me with their HVR.

Yeah, could be anything really, blood spatters are client side so they aren't always accurate. Then again if you weren't fully scoped in that could be the issue as well.

25 minutes ago, illgot said:

Does that mean we can all breath a sigh of relief knowing HVRs are not non-viable after all?

9 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Does that mean we can all breath a sigh of relief knowing HVRs are not non-viable after all?

Oh they are still quite viable, you just have to use them differently now.

Since we are on the topic of the HVR, the main issue with it was literally never the quickswitch or the jumpshoot mechanic as that's something that you can counter if you are good at the game. The big issue with the HVR (that still persists) is the insane damage output it has at the range that it does and it's still as game breaking as it's always been.

The fact that it's a preferred weapon by many new players just because it lands them easy kills speaks for itself.

So yes, the HVR is still viable, the only difference is that you now have to rely on your secondary up close or hope to be able to hit while aiming down the sights in CQC (once the crosshair is at max accuracy).

In other words, the weapon is still stupid, but it is now simply boring to use.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Since we are on the topic of the HVR, the main issue with it was literally never the quickswitch or the jumpshoot mechanic as that's something that you can counter if you are good at the game. The big issue with the HVR (that still persists) is the insane damage output it has at the range that it does and it's still as game breaking as it's always been.

The fact that it's a preferred weapon by many new players just because it lands them easy kills speaks for itself.

So yes, the HVR is still viable, the only difference is that you now have to rely on your secondary up close or hope to be able to hit while aiming down the sights in CQC (once the crosshair is at max accuracy).

In other words, the weapon is still stupid, but it is now simply boring to use.

^absolutely this^

17 hours ago, illgot said:

Thanks to silvers complains and cheaters who couldnt win to this weapon.

Enjoy your wasted money if you bought it.

1 hour ago, SillyBear said:

Thanks to silvers complains and cheaters who couldnt win to this weapon.

Enjoy your wasted money if you bought it.

I did buy the HVR a few years ago, maybe 5 years ago.  The silenced was just a 3 day JMB trail.  I have about 5 more pages of weapons from years ago.

Sign in to follow this