CanadianInfidel

Is this bannable?

What type of punishment fits the crime?  

41 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What Would You Do, If You Were in Control?

• Permanent Ban
    • 7 Day Ban
    • 3 Day Ban
    • Not Ban worthy
    • Send him some edgy themes and free premium codes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/19 at 07:05 AM

As frustrating as it may be, a permanent-ban without warnings should be out of the picture, simply because there is a way to avoid damage from such teammates. Restarting APB before a mission ends prevents loss of threat (and sadly rewards to time-spent in the mission) but you get the idea.

On 1/31/2019 at 5:04 PM, CanadianInfidel said:

Is this form of griefing a mission a bannable offense? I just witnessed this on a random stream, i don't know any of the players involved, but i have had this happen to me before and i'm curious what the community thinks about this situation?

[video snipped - Delator]

The link to the video is; https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazingVainShrimpPogChamp?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

4 minutes ago, CanadianInfidel said:

I mean, griefing is now reportable.

As for what the punishment is, I don't think LO has said.

Though Id be surprised if a first time offense was more than a temp ban.

Honestly for me the shittiest part of that clip is the fact that the VIP team still goes hard in a 2v1 like that.

Def a bitchass move.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean, griefing is now reportable.

As for what the punishment is, I don't think LO has said.

Though Id be surprised if a first time offense was more than a temp ban.

Yeah, they need to step up the punishment in my view.  I think the griefs are more toxic than the cheats.

6 minutes ago, CanadianInfidel said:

Yeah, they need to step up the punishment in my view.  

Yeah... I'd be happy to see anyone get in any kind of trouble for any kind of griefing ever.  

just implement a system that automatically kicks for inactivity.

The punishment the system gives is in the devs' hands, but if i had to set it up i'd make it so it logs em off the server. Severe punishments make changes; no one would like to get logged off for a minute of being afk, so no one would want to go afk.

About what triggers being afk... I'm thinking about the classical ''move for 50m to snap out of afk'' or maybe performing an action (throwing a nade, jumping a fence, entering a car and driving for a few secs) but i really don't know, it just depends.

The problem with this, obviously, is that innocent people would get cuck'd hard if the poor souls decide they need to go afk to take a quick piss, and this system is implemented.

And to add more to the troll factor of it, why not add a login cooldown of 2 minutes (that increases exponentially and caps at 1h/4d/7d/30d (choose one lmao) that'd be awesome) like the one you get when you leave comp matches in other games. Just the extra layer of sugar on top to make it actually not worth it to go afk.

Edited by _chain
Fixed the post so it's understood that i'm talking about an automated system and not something manual.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

He's jumping in the clip. He's not afk. 

oh no! my perfect system, obsolete?! how could it?!

yeah, that's sort of a problem. i'd just take into account movement on the map instead of button presses, shooting, etc.

26 minutes ago, _chain said:

just automatically kick them for inactivity.

I would assume that the person who was "inactive" and Teamkilling was more than likely the team leader, so i bet he could not kick the guy.

Just now, CanadianInfidel said:

I would assume that the person who was "inactive" and Teamkilling was more than likely the team leader, so i bet he could not kick the guy.

I meant, that they should build in a system that does that for you (and prevents the problem from occuring again for a while).

1 minute ago, _chain said:

I meant, that they should build in a system that does that for you (and prevents the problem from occuring again for a while).

Yeah. That would be nice. 

1 want vote kick (although groups may abuse it unfortunately)

2 want option to leave with penalty of no points (rank or mission etc) or cash earned

3 want option of leaving too many has a auto feature as well to punish those who abuse leaving too much.

4 anything else that can balance this idea (if this idea is even good enough)

28 minutes ago, _chain said:

If they tracked score, teamkills and suicides, they could put together an easy way to detect these players. For score, they could track average score vs bottom 10% average. Players who go passive would get a large amount of low score games, making their 10% bottom average very low compared to their average. Teamkills and suicides is as simple as keeping count. Too many non assisted and you get a temp ban.

Just now, MrsHappyPenguin said:

If they tracked score, teamkills and suicides, they could put together an easy way to detect these players. For score, they could track average score vs bottom 10% average. Players who go passive would get a large amount of low score games, making their 10% bottom average very low compared to their average. Teamkills and suicides is as simple as keeping count. Too many non assisted and you get a temp ban.

but if i lag and cant hit the braodside of a barn that day then what?

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

At that point I would have had a ping filter kick you long before you even connected to the district, but I'm not running the game so IDK.

3 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

At that point I would have had a ping filter kick you long before you even connected to the district, but I'm not running the game so IDK.

but what if its not me ?

6 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

6 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

but what if its not me ?

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

what?

it was about that suggestion cookie

i was asking about details on it

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

it was about that suggestion cookie

i was asking about details on it

Oh I see. 

That's not an uncommon thing tho right?

Kicking based in excessive ping?

they suggested  using it as a means to ban by checking gameplay

i wouldnt want to be banned over a crappy day that isnt my fault

thats why I'm asking about details so I dont misunderstand

Edited by Fortune Runner

but what if its not me ?

Then you don't lag and wouldn't get kicked... I would set it to something reasonable like 250ms, or only on excessive packet loss. I understand not everyone has the luxury to live near a world server, but there needs to be a limit to how much a player can lag.

Anyway, back on topic. Here's an example of these players. I have never seen these two max ranks show up to the objective, no matter what character I face them on. 2 or 3 years ago I tried reporting them to an ingame gm. The result? The useless GM banned one of our clan members for "harrassment". And people wonder why LO unbanned everyone. I probably have 20 reports since LO implemented the new report system. Does /report even do anything?

https://i.imgur.com/1P4xENz.jpg

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

the new report system is usefull the fairfight one was garbage

ps under 300 ms is reasonable for most online games to still be able to be playable like warframe but warframe also has it adjustable as well.

kicked is fine just as long as i dont get banned for a bad day

J

the new report system is usefull the fairfight one was garbage

Just another example. There are 2 guys who have been throwing games for 2 weeks straight. They are both High level bronze. They are abusive, i have played against them with them running up to me to be shot. Complete disregard for their team mates.  I have been teamed with them 5 times in the last 2 weeks, every time they threw the game. They are abusive if you say anything. Multiple reports from me and their team mates. Even my own team reported them when they were our opposition. This has been happening daily for a 2 week period and nothing. Whilst its hard to police the game, if somebody is able to get away with something like this fore more then 2 weeks, mathematically its worth doing if the punishment is a few days.