virginiavirgin

Whats the difference between the far charger and vanguard

31 minutes ago, Speedz said:

No, the N-TEC and all its variants has a range, pershotmodifier and recoil curve.

The FAR uses the curved range too. The per shot modifier and recoil curve were removed in one of the balancing patches.

28 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

The FAR uses the curved range too. The per shot modifier and recoil curve were removed in one of the balancing patches.

Sorry but I have to very much disagree with you. 

In this case both the FAR and the N-TEC use the same range and recoil curves, their PerShotModifier curve is different. Please don't ask me for exact curve graphs, I don't have that data.

N-TEC
3dQhgi2.png

FAR

ZfEaDQH.png

15 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

It's the opposite. FAR is very forgiving and easy to use making it a newbie friendly gun. 

not really. if you mess up the timing of tapfiring it is slower to recover the bloom on FAR than it is NTEC. the only "newbie friendly" mechanic of FAR is that it has a tighter full-auto/max bloom. plus it has less ammo per mag, so it's quite a lot less forgiving in general.

Edited by SLICKIEM

5 hours ago, Speedz said:

Sorry but I have to very much disagree with you. 

In this case both the FAR and the N-TEC use the same range and recoil curves, their PerShotModifier curve is different. Please don't ask me for exact curve graphs, I don't have that data.

Reveal hidden contents

N-TEC
3dQhgi2.png

FAR

ZfEaDQH.png

LO removed, or at least significantly reduced the effects of the pershot modifier curve. It used to go wild after the 4th shot, even after waiting for the bloom to recover. Now it's consistent. I can't find the exact patch notes since some of weapon changes were hidden in the prototype district threads. If someone can find the post it would be great. I don't know about the FAR since I haven't used it. The recoil also does not seem to have a curve, but it's hard to tell without using a macro to simulate consistent recoil control. I don't know how the eweaponcurve affects the recoil or I would calculate it.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Just now, MrsHappyPenguin said:

LO removed, or at least significantly reduced the effects of the pershot modifier curve. It used to go wild after the 4th shot, even after waiting for the bloom to recover. Now it's consistent. I can't find the exact patch notes since some of weapon changes were hidden in the prototype district threads. If someone can find the post it would be great. I don't know about the FAR since I haven't used it. The recoil also does not seem to have a curve, but it's hard to tell without using a macro to simulate consistent recoil control.

I'm 98% sure you're incorrect about the N-TEC, but I don't use the N-TEC a ton so maybe I'm wrong.

They never stated that they put N-TEC changes live in any way, and Matt has stated several times that he's against stealth-changes.

13 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:

not really. if you mess up the timing of tapfiring it is slower to recover the bloom on FAR than it is NTEC. the only "newbie friendly" mechanic of FAR is that it has a tighter full-auto/max bloom. plus it has less ammo per mag, so it's quite a lot less forgiving in general.

While the individual mechanics you mention aren't wrong you still draw the wrong conclusion about what it means for it's actual performance ingame.

And that is less weighted on a simple stat comparison but more on an experience based evaluation in actual gameplay.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

On 1/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, TheJellyGoo said:

While the individual mechanics you mention aren't wrong you still draw the wrong conclusion

ahhh ok, so i'm right technically but wrong applicably? yeah that's not how it works. i've used both quite extensively and regardless of the stats and analyzing them, i'd avoid recommending FAR over NTEC for a newer player.

it has less ammo, less bloom recovery AND more recovery delay, less accuracy. all these are VERY important figures for a "newbie friendly" weapon.

and let me reiterate, i've used both guns for hundreds of hours. REGARDLESS of the stats it feels less forgiving than NTEC does, because it is.

Edited by SLICKIEM

6 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

and let me reiterate, i've used both guns for hundreds of hours

Those are rookie numbers. 😛

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Those are rookie numbers.

u a rookie number

1lwe6pN.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

u a rookie number

1lwe6pN.jpg

Plz don't booli my 5,000+ hours.

They are sensitive. 

• Like 1

Maybe, just maybe, whether someone has an easier time using the FAR or N-TEC is a matter of one's own playstyle, skills, and preference, not objective fact?

53 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

5,000+ hours.

rackin up those social pvp hours

53 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

rackin up those social pvp hours

Well how else would I have ranked up those  11 r195+ characters?

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Maybe, just maybe, whether someone has an easier time using the FAR or N-TEC is a matter of one's own playstyle, skills, and preference, not objective fact?

Sure, let's roll with that under the premise that individuals lack the required skills to properly utilize weapons to their maximal potential thus making a subjective judgment.

That judgment may very well be correct for their personal experience and stay true under those conditions. Personal preference is never wrong.

Objectively it won't change the fact what the NTEC is capable of when pushed to its limited compared to a FAR. That fact was established by years of playtime. by all sorts of users.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

11 r195+ characters

ʞo ʇnq xǝlɟ pɹᴉǝʍ

3 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Sure, let's roll with that under the premise that individuals lack the required skills to properly utilize weapons to their maximal potential thus making a subjective judgment.

That judgment may very well be correct for their personal experience and stay true under those conditions. Personal preference is never wrong.

Objectively it won't change the fact what the NTEC is capable of when pushed to its limited compared to a FAR. That fact was established by years of playtime. by all sorts of users.

That doesn't sound like you're agreeing at all.

😜

5 hours ago, Kewlin said:

That doesn't sound like you're agreeing at all.

😜

Maybe to snarky? I do though since denying a varying personal experience would be absurd. 

On 1/2/2019 at 5:27 AM, Kewlin said:

then people for some reason pretend it requires some level of skill.

Ntec isnt an all round weapon, while star 556 is. I leased the far once and i felt that its a slightly improved version of star 556 but with a smaller clip.

One of the areas which ntec lacks is close combat. Lets not talk abt a duel vs smgs. Put a ntec vs star in close range combat, the star556 user can jump strafe or circle strafe while firing without losing much accuracy. You dont have to go to marksman mode cuz you feel like playing with a carbine. Its not easy to do the same with a ntec. The only thing you can do is lean jump and fire. Hell yeah ntec requires more skill than star 556.

9 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Ntec isnt an all round weapon, while star 556 is. I leased the far once and i felt that its a slightly improved version of star 556 but with a smaller clip.

One of the areas which ntec lacks is close combat. Lets not talk abt a duel vs smgs. Put a ntec vs star in close range combat, the star556 user can jump strafe or circle strafe while firing without losing much accuracy. You dont have to go to marksman mode cuz you feel like playing with a carbine. Its not easy to do the same with a ntec. The only thing you can do is lean jump and fire. Hell yeah ntec requires more skill than star 556.

I'm confused, why did you quote me when saying this? If you've read my opinions over the past several years ever you'd know I think the STAR is basically as good as the N-TEC and the N-TEC is lacking in CQC. This, however, has little to do with whether or not the N-TEC is hard to use IMO, especially considering the STAR is tied for easiest gun to use in APB (and thus being potentially more difficult to use than the STAR does not warrant calling it a difficult gun to use.)

Also, the STAR isn't an all-around weapon any more than the N-TEC is: the STAR just trades some of its long-range potential for better CQC.

10 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Maybe to snarky? I do though since denying a varying personal experience would be absurd. 

Looking back, I guess you were agreeing with my post, though we still disagree on whether or not the N-TEC is objectively the best assault rifle. I personally think the N-TEC is greatly overrated.

@ OP the difference is, like, something hanging left or right...there's no real difference in the end result but someone might prefer one view over the other.

• Thanks 1