moxxichixx

(GAME) Damage Mod + Car Speed Mod & Speed Cap ??

5 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

RECAP for weapon damage modification.

First of all, nerf OBIR damage per bullet from 16.5% to 15.4%

+8% weapon damage

-18% fire rate

-25% effective range

-25% accuracy loss (inspired by heavy barrel)

Unaffect Agrotech DMR Range.

Just replace the dmr with 'any weapons with inverse drop-off' because the volcano has inverse dropoff as well. Or, just restrict it from explosive weapons.. or any high-damage weapons in general such as the HVR

Edited by Clumsyhunt3R

4 hours ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

Just replace the dmr with 'any weapons with inverse drop-off' because the volcano has inverse dropoff as well. Or, just restrict it from explosive weapons.. or any high-damage weapons in general such as the HVR

All explosive have 100% damage and it doesn't go above it. 8% damage wouldn't affect explosives weapon that much so it is not that much of a big deal if it reach 108% damage. About the damage ramp for Volcano you are right, I should rephrase it as any weapons with inverse drop-off like you said. For explosives weapons we could simply Reduces Explosive Weapons Radius by -1m but I don't think it is necessary since the point of this mod is to increase damage.

Edited by moneychixx

7 hours ago, moneychixx said:

First of all, nerf OBIR damage per bullet from 16.5% to 15.4%

+8% weapon damage

-18% fire rate

-25% effective range

-25% accuracy loss (inspired by heavy barrel)

Unaffect Agrotech DMR Range.

what exactly is the point of more damage if you’re shooting less bullets?

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

we can tweak around that number easily?

8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

This mod would bring more prominence of tank play styles and load outs, It's something you don't see much in APB.

While I find myself thinking this is going to be a bit harsh for long range weapons, but the negatives are a blanket treatment to all weapons so a shorter range, firing rate and less accuracy CQC weapons may be balanced.

4 hours ago, VickyFox said:

This mod would bring more prominence of tank play styles and load outs, It's something you don't see much in APB.

While I find myself thinking this is going to be a bit harsh for long range weapons, but the negatives are a blanket treatment to all weapons so a shorter range, firing rate and less accuracy CQC weapons may be balanced.

With all those numbers, I keep calculating with real stat from the game. 18% less fire rate makes it even since lets say a ATAC becomes a 7 shot weapon but to make it less aggresive we reduce fire rate speed. But BANNED might be right, we could still rework that 18% and make it a 8% perhaps. From 0.70sec ttk to 0.65sec ttk. Not that much but it still a 7 shot instead of 8 for a range of 37.5m of course. Still not beating OCA with CJ3 (0.60sec ttk | 30m range)

Edited by moneychixx

First of all, nerf OBIR damage per bullet from 16.5% to 15.4% (we don't want the weapon to kill anyone in 2 bursts making it 0.45sec ttk = too strong)

Secondly make the red modification like below

+8% weapon damage

-5% fire rate

-15% accuracy loss (inspired by heavy barrel)

-25% effective range

Unaffect Inverted Range Weapons (because Agrotech DMR or Volcano range is inverted making them more powerful at longer range)

Edited by moneychixx

Sorry to break it to you, but maybe we do not particularly need damage modifications right now?
seems like it would be unpopular too, all the hassle and reduced things just for a bit of additional damage
people would try it and probably forget about it and get back to the usual gun meta

On 11/17/2018 at 3:18 PM, iDontThinkSo said:

There is already a Mod that buff weapon damage at the cost of recoil, dunno if u already know so i just sayng it.

No there isnt

The damage mod seems like a terrible idea and would raise very high balancing concerns , we all know that touching damage resuts in terrible things

also it would make strife one shot people so , just saying you know ... , just too many balance concerns.

Tho for your car speed mod , it seems like a really fair mod , and im all good for it !

I don't think a weapon damage mod would be easy to balance. We need to balance the current mods before making a new one.

I would like to have the vehicle speed mod, but with different stats.

Turbo:

+ 2 m/s max speed (23 m/s cap)

+ 50% engine torque

+ 25% collision damage received

- 50% engine torque when critically damaged.

This mod is mainly targeting lower tier cars. It gives the vehicle a constant torque and max speed increase, but it's slower than what Nitro 3 will provide, and it does not further increase the speed of the Vegas and other top speed vehicles, for balance. It would still be a useful mod on those with the extra torque, but it's not a huge boost. Think of it like one of those cheap ebay turbo kits. They usually work, but you're not going to make much power.

The downsides I tried to make more realistic. A vehicle with a turbo will have more parts crammed in the engine bay, so a collision will more likely damage something. When the vehicle is critically damaged, the turbine can't spool up properly which restricts airflow, so the vehicle loses power.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin