MattScott

The plan to fix the lag

13 minutes ago, Lixil said:

I'm not really 'putting up' with anything here 😄  

I think I speak for most of the community when I say that I appreciate you a lot Lixil (and the rest of the team too, Selali, Androvald, Shy, and Matt to name just a few), thanks for all the hard work you and the rest of the team do.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 6:17 PM, Keshi said:

it's sad how u still can't track the DDoS'ers. probably because the one DDoS'ing is connected to an onion vpn. And they are probably 15years old... smh

Probably because anyone could call a DDoS attack on any IP without pretty much leaving any usable trace whatsoever...makes identifying very hard...

On 6/11/2018 at 12:17 PM, Keshi said:

it's sad how u still can't track the DDoS'ers. probably because the one DDoS'ing is connected to an onion vpn. And they are probably 15years old... smh

On 6/11/2018 at 3:54 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

They could, but it would cost big bucks to do so and LO just inherited a big mess. I dont think they have that kind of money.

It is very important to not spread misinformation, because others will take it at face value and repeat it, TOR and DDoS attacks are not directly related, DDoSing isn't even necessarily related to the "deep" web, it's something that can be found very easily on the surface web (roughly 99.8% of the internet can be found on the surface web, and most illegal activity occurs here as well, fyi), also, DDoS attacks are originating from multiple different IP addresses (many are bots/zombie computers being rented out from someone with an understanding of infiltrating computer systems, I'm not using the word hacker here because not all of them are hackers, some are using what other people have created.), it's not as easy as "Just track the DDoSer!", DDoS stands for "Distributed Denial of Service", distributed as in, not originating from a single IP address, if it was from a single perpetrator it'd be a DoS attack, in this case, the attacker is not the one doing the attacking, he's utilizing thousands (perhaps millions) of different computers that are not necessarily owned by himself to do the attack, and if it's a DRDoS attack, it's even being amplified by vulnerabilities in some servers. It is not easy to track the attacker down, why do you think it requires multiple government organizations from around the world to find and take these services down? If the government has a hard time doing it, how is a company like Little Orbit going to do it?

• Thanks 3

lol unpinned? is that really wise? the game is still unplayable

• Like 1

So happy this game is finally in the right hands, really hoping the fix will be coming soon  the lag is so bad on Jericho right now. Either way thank you guys so much for being open and honest about everything it really is refreshing having that. I look forward to seeing this game finally become what it should've been years ago!