NotZombieBiscuit

A Thought Provoking Quote

I think people mainly quit a game when they are getting thier patootie handed to them but dont know how. Examples being 'sniped' by an assault rifle or enemy that never seems to miss or enemy always is getting the jump on them. I think a good start is a good run down of all the basics in a video. Like what makes you visible on a radar such as driving/shooting and what doesnt make you appear such sprinting (some games i have played make you visable on the radar). Ateast show them why they are getting shot losing some how.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Dont you have thousands of hours in game?

And dont you play in bronze district?

Hmmmmm

Yes and yes, but I also don't take the game seriously anymore (haven't since a long time before I left during Gamersfirst/Reloaded days). As I've told you, repeatedly. Playing against me is barely a challenge due to this, and it brings me endless amusement how inflated people's egos get when they win against me.

I like to play casual. And the most casual places are bronze districts.

This can make the game a bit easy at times, but actually trying to win missions and play well is a wasted effort.

People still confusing that this is casuals vs tryhards when it is actually about a mindset of doing your best even when it is casual vs casual. It says a lot.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

People still confusing that this is casuals vs tryhards when it is actually about a mindset of doing your best even when it is casual vs casual. It says a lot.

Stop violating my forum safe space with your endless provocations!!!

scurrd.gif

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

A pro doesn't even know anything about how and why casuals play, so the quote doesn't even remotely apply to casuals. Casuals want to run and gun around without deeper tactics or trying to give their best, and ideally they want to meet equal people because then both have fun.  The Mindset you quoted is the most uncasual that can exist and cannot apply to casuals at all. If it would apply they wouldn't be casuals anymore.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

A pro doesn't even know anythign about how and why casuals play, so the quote doesn't even remotely apply to casuals. Casuals want to run and gun around without deeper tactics or trying to give their best, and ideally they want to meet equal people because then both have fun.  The Midnset you quoted is the most uncasual that can exist and cnanot apply to casuals at all. if it woudl apply they wouldn't be casuals anymore.

Pretty much this. But as many have said before the problem lies with the matchmaking and the way the districts are set up. Getting a good matchup especially in silver districts from such a small player pool is pretty much impossible and happens less often then all planets in the solar system aligning (in silver districts that is). 

You could also turn it arround, when you as a 3 player premade with over 10000 hours of playtime combined encounter a so called 4 silvers and a gold random group, unequip your primary, grab your fbw and some ly's and create a balanced and fun environment that you are probably still gonna win. But hey, atleast you gave them a shot at winning. 

Edited by Fasalina
  • Like 1

Casuals claim they don't care about winning. Yet they constantly complain about losing to "tryhards".

... something doesn't add up 

lul

I am 100% committed to not doing my best.

4 hours ago, Fasalina said:

Pretty much this. But as many have said before the problem lies with the matchmaking and the way the districts are set up. Getting a good matchup especially in silver districts from such a small player pool is pretty much impossible and happens less often then all planets in the solar system aligning (in silver districts that is). 

You could also turn it arround, when you as a 3 player premade with over 10000 hours of playtime combined encounter a so called 4 silvers and a gold random group, unequip your primary, grab your fbw and some ly's and create a balanced and fun environment that you are probably still gonna win. But hey, atleast you gave them a shot at winning. 

oh god no, this is jus making things worse.

When 2 groups encounter the threadsystems sets up an expectation threat ups and downs are realised by how close you meet this expectations. And if you do this, and make it easier for them, you just screw up the threat for both groups, yours and theirs, which makes it even worse for their future setups. Which also is why detheathign si a HUGE issues as it gives threat to people that shouldn't get it.

I remember that one match where I (gold) and a silver friend were opposed to a greeny and bronze. it was stage 3/5. when we entered their missiosn they were already doing the objectives that gave them score by doing one object eahc and the assist of the other. then it swapped to stage 4/5.

We arrived when they were doing those objectives. I kileld both of them, and then after this again one of them coming again. the mission then ended on time out at that stage because it was one of the rather short stages and they were obvious noobs not finding the way.

Now this made up me gold with 300 score but they got more than me, and my buddy just got an low assist score. This because of how short the remaining missions was massively screwed up "expectations" of the Threatsystem and the green went bronze and the bronze silver. 

So sadly, There was no chance for us to ever meet those expectations since we only got the chance to make those 3 kills and never saw them again, yet the threatsystem was like "wow those newbies scorewise performed better than expected in relation to theother two" and got their threat up.

And this is very problematic with "going easy" on opponents or dethreathing which shifts threat to people who are overrated and in future (next to anyways screwed up matchups) get even worse matchups which the MM thinks is fine, but aren't due to their overrating.

Going easy on them might ensure some more fun in this one mission, but might over the whole picture cause more issues and a less good experience for them due to screwed up threat distribution.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Casuals claim they don't care about winning. Yet they constantly complain about losing to "tryhards".

... something doesn't add up 

lul

they complain about getting trashed which happens in many horrible ways and way to often. At leats if you ever got opposed to 2 bronzes and a silver in your 3 goldie group, you know what that means.

And honestly, there are a lot of non casuals who pretent to be casuals but they just want easy opps to trash so they complain about "unfair" setups  and "tryhards". bt those are usually not the casuals they pretent to be.