Sign in to follow this  
Trivirium

Cookie Cutter Ban Response to ban ticket.

I write this because quite personally I'm A little upset and mislead by G1 Support.

For a little context, after the acquisition of G1 by LO I sent in a ticket about a potential ban lift from my account. I was replied to by Tiggs from the "IP Block support" Saying

*removed*

So I make an account and buy the stuff and NEW support gives out what seems to be an automated cookie cutter response to everyone asking about bans saying that if I was banned my the anticheat that I'd be unbanned by the time the new system rolls around.

I was NOT banned by that therefore this is different. I was told one thing and so I did it now I'm essentially overlooked AFTER I've already spent my money for this reason. 

Isn't this against the law to do that kinda stuff?

I've sent a third ticket in hopes that things will be set straight as promised before the support switch.

Post problem edit: It was resolved within the half hour of this thread. Thanks support. 😛

Edited by OpTicElement
  • Like 1

lol you actually paid 200 bucks?

real talk tho it just seems like a case of bad timing, im sure if you keep trying orbit will give you some kind of response

Just now, BXNNXD said:

lol you actually paid 200 bucks?

real talk tho it just seems like a case of bad timing, im sure if you keep trying orbit will give you some kind of response

Honestly, My account already has some 1700 into it. 200 more to keep playing because I technically stole something I shouldn't have isn't so bad. I heard horror stories saying someone had to pay 450. Again though, No issue with me paying for it. But after waiting since Friday to get an automatic response to and I'm still not banned after paying is a little much.

1 minute ago, LuzExtinguido said:

So you can pay to be unbanned after ruinning others gameplay for long periods?

It was over the JMB exploit. I regret what I did and it sucks that I was banned but again, I wasn't hacking or aimbotting of the sort. I was a fully legit player who thought at the time it'd be smart to do that exploit. 

1 minute ago, Songbearer said:

Wait, are you heavily implying you performed credit fraud? Yikes.

JMB exploit. Nice try tho.

1 minute ago, OpTicElement said:

It was over the JMB exploit. I regret what I did and it sucks that I was banned but again, I wasn't hacking or aimbotting of the sort. I was a fully legit player who thought at the time it'd be smart to do that exploit. 

Oh i see.

"technically stole"

yikes.

you're contacting support during a transitional period. there will be some mistakes made here and there. just be patient and make sure you type out clearly what you need and what you hope to have done so support can address it in 1-2 emails.

Edited by Aeronaut
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:

"technically stole"

yikes.

you're contacting support during a transitional period. there will be some mistakes made here and there. just be patient and make sure you type out clearly what you need and what you hope to have done so support can address it in 1-2 emails.

Again, it was a mistake made. I've made reparations. 

But hopefully that's the case, I think I must've typed a mini novel to support about the situation so idk how much more clear I can get. Suppose it's time to hit up the waiting game again. 

Can someone explain to me what was that JMB exploit that many ppl were banned for?

i feel like if i were playing at the time i'd be banned right now whith a debt bigger than my future to unban me.

5 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

"technically stole"

yikes.

Don't really think there's too much else to do besides this at the moment.

Just now, Guacamole said:

Can someone explain to me what was that JMB exploit that many ppl were banned for?

i feel like if i were playing at the time i'd be banned right now whith a debt bigger than my future to unban me.

If I recall correctly there was an event to get free joker boxes. So what people would do is make alternate accounts to claim them on and mail the legendary prizes back to their main account. I think. Been a while and by that point I had already all but checked out from anything APB. 

Edited by Genobee

Just now, Guacamole said:

there was a free code given out to every account that was redeemable for one power joker box 9 iirc

it was also given to any new accounts that were made that day, so people started making dozens, if not hundreds, of new accounts to essentially get infinite codes and infinite joker boxes

then g1 banned people (justifiably imo) for exploiting the codes like that

2 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

During labor day weekend last year Tiggs put out a limited time redeem code with no restrictions, no required time to play before redemption, nothin. So naturally people abused it and created endless new accounts to redeem said JMBS. Legendaries were farmed and people got banned. IIRC some 20% of the vet pop got banned for that. 

The thing is that this is exactly the type of ban category that LO said they would not reverse.

Heya @OpTicElement first, I've removed content from your first post. On forums, you cannot copy support/pm (without approval) and post it here.

Second please make sure to reply to the ticket and explain what happened properly + make sure your ticket is related to the BILLING ban. Not implying you have not, just make sure to get their attention. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience you are going through at the moment, our support is literally just swamped with the unbanning request tickets.

• Like 2

Just now, BXNNXD said:

there was a free code given out to every account that was redeemable for one power joker box 9 iirc

it was also given to any new accounts that were made that day, so people started making dozens, if not hundreds, of new accounts to essentially get infinite codes and infinite joker boxes

then g1 banned people (justifiably imo) for exploiting the codes like that

"it was also given to any new accounts" that sounds like asking to be abused.

but what if you already had 8+ acc ?

1 minute ago, Lixil said:

Heya @OpTicElement first, I've removed content from your first post. On forums, you cannot copy support/pm (without approval) and post it here.

Second please make sure to reply to the ticket and explain what happened properly. Not implying you have not, just make sure to get their attention. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience you are going through at the moment, our support is literally just swamped with the unbanning request tickets.

Thank you so much for the speedy reply. I have tried again and hopefully it'll be resolved.

2 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

I thought about that too honestly, because I did have a second account that I also legitimately used. But it didn't have anything worth sweating over, naturally I just want my main account back.

3 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

speaking from personal experience, if your multiple accounts already existed before the code went out there was no punishment for redeeming the code on all of said accounts

I am disappointed, although it would be unfair to be unbanned ahead of the legion of chaos that is about to ensue. Anyways thanks again for all your hard work, we will be patient.

• Like 1

G1 messed up by giving away a JMB code with no restrictions and punished people who took advantage of it? Nice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StaN- said:

G1 messed up by giving away a JMB code with no restrictions and punished people who took advantage of it? Nice.

Don't forget about the whole, picking up garbage thing in order to get unbanned...

6 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

Don't forget about the whole, picking up garbage thing in order to get unbanned...

I actually liked that idea. Bringing real-world consequences into the game is enough to scare most would-be hackers/exploiters/abusers.

6 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I actually liked that idea. Bringing real-world consequences into the game is enough to scare most would-be hackers/exploiters/abusers.

Yes but she chose who to pick for garbage duty, just like she chose who to ban and unban. Let's not start this again. I agree with it I suppose, but most people will just pay a kid 5 bucks to do it lol. I would.