vsb

inventory space dupes

it seems like han transfers got resent the new character inventory space emails, so they now have more inventory space than everyone else (125 weapon slots, 120 mod slots, 26 vehicle slots, etc) unless you received the expansions that g1 gave out at one point

any chance a greedy schmuck like me could get those rewards resent as well?

and everyone else too, i guess

• Like 3

frame_01_delay-0_12s.thumb.gif.741b7293d
*Their response* Edited by StunStick
Oops

ive used like 5 more free clothing expanders and im stuck at like 95 they fizzled into the ether dimension is 95 max clothing

5 minutes ago, Percocet said:

ive used like 5 more free clothing expanders and im stuck at like 95 they fizzled into the ether dimension is 95 max clothing

i thought it capped at 100 but idk

I too am stuck at 95, and believe me, if anyone even murmurs clothing expansion slot I'm all over that. 

Sucks that there is a cap amirite? 

The cap should be raised to 255 for all inventory items. It doesn't make sense having a cap. It prevents users from using purchased items.

• Like 1

Just now, MrsHappyPenguin said:

The cap should be raised to 255 for all inventory items. It doesn't make sense having a cap. It prevents users from using purchased items.

if we're going for broke, i'd like to see any paid item - cars, clothes, guns, whatever - come with a slot for its respective category
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
12 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

if we're going for broke, i'd like to see any paid item - cars, clothes, guns, whatever - come with a slot for its respective category
At that point, change the "byte limit = X" to "int limit= 4294967295"

The reason there is a limit is because the entire player's inventory is loaded server sided regardless of which district they join. There was a long discussion on this on the old forums on how to possibly optimize it. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

At that point, change the "byte limit = X" to "int limit= 4294967295"

The reason there is a limit is because the entire player's inventory is load server sided regardless of which district they join. There was a long discussion on this on the old forums and how to possibly optimize it.

ah, didnt realize there was a specific reason behind inventory space beyond possibly "excess server load"
  • Like 1

I'd love to see this too. Maybe even add expanders to the Joker / ARMAS Store.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
The reason there is a limit is because the entire player's inventory is loaded server sided regardless of which district they join. There was a long discussion on this on the old forums on how to possibly optimize it.
This really has to be sorted out before they should consider raising any limit.
It's why the Overkill server test went so smooth - all new acccounts with barely any items on the characters meant much lower stress on the servers. At release they had to handle the real deal and crapped out.

12 hours ago, StunStick said:
frame_01_delay-0_12s.thumb.gif.741b7293d
*Their response*
brilliant

On 9/6/2018 at 10:22 PM, BXNNXD said:
So very much this. There's people who literally can't spend more on ARMAS simply because they're at the inventory cap and would have to delete existing ARMAS items to make space for new stuff. Obviously, this isn't something they're going to do, as there's no way to get the items they deleted back (even account bound stuff). I'm almost there myself with weapons, and hit that point long ago with vehicles (although vehicles aren't as big a deal because you can always rebuy later... but you'd lose all your customizations which makes it a huge loss regardless).

19 hours ago, Zolerox said:

8 outfit slots 

*heavy breathing*
I only have 7, what did I do wrong?!
19 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:
This really has to be sorted out before they should consider raising any limit.
It's why the Overkill server test went so smooth - all new acccounts with barely any items on the characters meant much lower stress on the servers. At release they had to handle the real deal and crapped out.
What would be a good solution to this?

23 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:
Join the modern age of gaming and remove the inventory limits, which is something they'll only be able to do after UE4... although we could probably see increases to the current limits with UE3.5.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
35 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:
Join the modern age of gaming and remove the inventory limits, which is something they'll only be able to do after UE4... although we could probably see increases to the current limits with UE3.5.
Ah, I meant the solution to the server crapping out when trying to handle our huge inventories every time we join a District. Like if we had unlimited inventory, some players could lag-bomb a server by just having 65535 items? 

14 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:
Ah, I meant the solution to the server crapping out when trying to handle our huge inventories every time we join a District. Like if we had unlimited inventory, some players could lag-bomb a server by just having 65535 items? 
That's an unfortunate side effect of the hackjob of a Frankenstein's monster that Realtime Worlds smashed together from UE3 (which IIRC wasn't even the release version, but rather a release candidate beta) that we're currently playing on. Once we upgrade to UE4, that issue won't even be a thing anymore.
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2018 at 8:36 AM, KnifuWaifu said:
Not loading irrelevant data when a player is on a district, for example. As far as I'm aware even unavailable items (e.g. clothing items not included in any outfit) affect the servers currently.
With the engine upgrade this is hopefully a thing of the past. As Hexerin correctly said: it's a result of the way Realtime Worlds cobbled together their version of UE3 to make APB work at all.
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2018 at 4:36 PM, BXNNXD said:

and everyone else too, i guess

well at least you included us eventually  lol

but yes more room for stuff would be nice plus supports APB to be able to buy more stuff.