Stunny

Drivers side door lock

Can we have a hotkey to lock our door please? I'm tired of teammates always stealing my car. I park it somewhere for a good reason and a teammate will spawn, jump in and just drive off with it it's so annoying
It'd be great if we could just press L and that would prevent anyone else from getting into the drivers seat.

• Like 3

Actually a pretty good suggestion. Maybe it should be a car modification, a red mod or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stunny said:

Can we have a hotkey to lock our door please? I'm tired of teammates always stealing my car. I park it somewhere for a good reason and a teammate will spawn, jump in and just drive off with it it's so annoying
It'd be great if we could just press L and that would prevent anyone else from getting into the drivers seat.

I do not know if it can be done or not yet but it is a very highly needed feature.
Team mates keep taking my car driving around everywhere and if I can not find a npc car I'm screwed to walk 400 m away while they do laps around the block literally.
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

Actually a pretty good suggestion. Maybe it should be a car modification, a red mod or something.

it's especially important if you have a spawn car. you park a spawn car in a strategic place only to find out some teammate has driven it too close to the enemy so now it's red and so all your team is spawning miles away

14 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
I do not know if it can be done or not yet but it is a very highly needed feature.
Team mates keep taking my car driving around everywhere and if I can not find a npc car I'm screwed to walk 400 m away while they do laps around the block literally.
well i think it shouldn't be hard to do. the system is already sorta in place.. if its an enemy vehicle or a vehicle not in your team you cannot enter. surely they can just add another check "is car locked?" when someone presses F

I don't think such a feature would be worth using a vehicle mod slot for but this would fit perfect as an option on the team menu / friend list section.
Could be able to change driving permissions for team / group independently

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tizzie said:

I don't think such a feature would be worth using a vehicle mod slot for but this would fit perfect as an option on the team menu / friend list section.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2018 at 12:44 AM, SLICKIEM said:

A car mod? You've got to be joking.

Imagine buying a 2018 Civic from the dealer and the guy goes "oh sir, would you like to pay an additional $3000 for the door lock package?", but since it's APB it would be like $50000 for some reason lol.

I agree with op though, it'd be an amazing mod. Too many times I've been left to fight like 4 people while my teammate just drives my car away.
  • Like 1

Use detonator and blow up your car when ppl steal it 😄

Edited by TheKeanuReeves
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 11:13 PM, Tizzie said:

the virgin vehicle mod slot vs the chad menu option

On 8/26/2018 at 5:10 PM, TheKeanuReeves said:

Use detonator and blow up your car when ppl steal it 😄

Won't lie... I may have done this in the past. I do not recommend it.

I had a team mate kill me for respawning my car when its my car and he was doing laps around the block
I had literally just spawned it and he could of spawned his but killed me for taking mine back.
After the engine update I know this feature could be supported but I still have no idea if it can be now or not.
And no a mod for something a person should have the right to have is not a good idea it would be insulting to have to pay for a mod for this.

Just make it known at the start of a mission so I know when to /abandonmission rather than play with you on my team.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Just make it known at the start of a mission so I know when to /abandonmission rather than play with you on my team.

If the lock feature auto disables if the owner is in a different car then would that be good enough along with other things mentioned?

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:
4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If the lock feature auto disables if the owner is in a different car then would that be good enough along with other things mentioned?
I just see me getting screwed cuz my dumb patootie teammate has his doors locked cuz "hurr durr its my car".
No thanks.
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
I just see me getting screwed cuz my dumb patootie teammate has his doors locked cuz "hurr durr its my car".
No thanks.
I completely  agree which is why I suggested an auto unlock if the owner is in a different vehicle

Just now, Fortune Runner said:
45 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
No thanks.
I completely  agree which is why I suggested an auto unlock if the owner is in a different vehicle
Still going to be a no from me.

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Ok Any ideas that might improve this idea?

No.
Its just a bad idea from my perspective.

if the vehicle is locked just dont have it show up as a friendly vehicle, that way you wont waste time running to a car that you cant get into

it would be a nice idea .. .but still it might have alot of disadvantages too in some situations ,one of of them : if this team-mate need to escape from an enemy  and you just forgot to unlock the car  or because you can't unlock the car while you are dead ... who knows ?

i actually think the best solution atm is the team chat, you can say : "IF ANYONE TAKE MY F**KING CAR I WILL TK YOU , TEA BAG YOU ,FALSE REPORT YOU  and KIDNAP YOU IRL , SO PISS OFF B&#CHES adfhasdjkhasjfh!! " "please leave my car it got a radar to spot enemy at this point" or "it got spawner so we can blah blah" 

Edited by AAMSS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AAMSS said:

it would be a nice idea .. .but still it might have alot of disadvantages too in some situations ,one of of them : if this team-mate need to escape from an enemy  and you just forgot to unlock the car  or because you can't unlock the car while you are dead ... who knows ?

i actually think the best solution atm is the team chat, you can say : "IF ANYONE TAKE MY F**KING CAR I WILL TK YOU , TEA BAG YOU ,FALSE REPORT YOU  and KIDNAP YOU IRL , SO PISS OFF B&#CHES adfhasdjkhasjfh!! " "please leave my car it got a radar to spot enemy at this point" or "it got spawner so we can blah blah" 

pretty much this.

it's really rare that a teammate moves / uses my car when I need it or when I placed it with purpose... IF it happens, I either tell them in /t or force re-equip my vehicle so I can spawn it again... only costs like 3 seconds...

I think I'd run into a lot more problems if people suddenly have cars locked... I either can't get away from enemies in teammates cars or can't re-locate a badly parked car from a newbie (or careless person) with carspawn / radartower... Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Snubnose said:
pretty much this.

it's really rare that a teammate moves / uses my car when I need it or when I placed it with purpose... IF it happens, I either tell them in /t or force re-equip my vehicle so I can spawn it again... only costs like 3 seconds...

I think I'd run into a lot more problems if people suddenly have cars locked... I either can't get away from enemies in teammates cars or can't re-locate a badly parked car from a newbie (or careless person) with carspawn / radartower...
^this