Jump to content
HY5T3RIA

[idea] new mission system

Recommended Posts

I don’t know if anyone thought of it before pls let me know if it is the case.
So i think a big problem in this game is balance, so i had the idea of changing how missions work in this game. maybe it could be more like in csgo or rainbow six, one side defend multiple objective in a row ( 3 for exemple ) and then they have to attack on the same objectives they were defending before. It could have a point system, when you succesfully attack/defend an obj, you earn 1 point and the first team to like 5 win the encounter. It would avoid situations were attackers  loose to an op defense spot. If there is a tie , then we could have a final round like a dm or a hold the case type obj.
What do you guys think of this idea ?

  • Like 3
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's... boring. If i wanted something like csgo, i would rather play csgo instead of some sort of ripped off concept.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caio Sparkz said:

That's... boring. If i wanted something like csgo, i would rather play csgo instead of some sort of ripped off concept.
 

so you prefer just.. unbalanced all offense or all defense missions when something like defending is 10x easier to win than offense?

🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Virgil said:
so you prefer just.. unbalanced all offense or all defense missions when something like defending is 10x easier to win than offense?

🤔
by that logic if all the missions become 3 attack stages and 3 defense stages all that will happen is more ties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
3 hours ago, Virgil said:
so you prefer just.. unbalanced all offense or all defense missions when something like defending is 10x easier to win than offense?

🤔
by that logic if all the missions become 3 attack stages and 3 defense stages all that will happen is more ties
Thats... the... point... ? Plus, you aren't going to tie a mission before you get to the final, and thats a different ballgame completely.

If it gets more ties, it's more fair/balanced... If you're only winning because of defense, that's a game design problem.

Its much more fair to go O/D/O/D/Final than D/D/D/D/F Edited by Virgil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Virgil said:
Thats... the... point... ?

If it gets more ties, it's more fair/balanced...
idk if that tracks, since really all you're suggesting is to make missions equally unbalanced

also not sure how it would work with final stages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
idk if that tracks, since really all you're suggesting is to make missions equally unbalanced

also not sure how it would work with final stages
equally imbalanced is the definition of balanced... its fair for both sides...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Virgil said:
55 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
idk if that tracks, since really all you're suggesting is to make missions equally unbalanced

also not sure how it would work with final stages
equally imbalanced is the definition of balanced... its fair for both sides...
You are actually cooked. If everything is tied, nothing progresses, rewards are reduced and there would be no point of this mission. Everyone would complain and would want this removed. Everyone here only cares about the reward sides and fairer combat (Weapon buffs/nerfs), adding a new mission that results in most ties is not making anything fair. Just another silver who can't use a damn gun to win a match. Edited by MoeEveryWeek
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MoeEveryWeek said:
You are actually cooked. If everything is tied, nothing progresses, rewards are reduced and there would be no point of this mission. Everyone would complain and would want this removed. Everyone here only cares about the reward sides and fairer combat (Weapon buffs/nerfs), adding a new mission that results in most ties is not making anything fair. Just another silver who can't use a damn gun to win a match.
lol? theres pretty much no reason to oppose o/d/o/d. its not going to guarantee mission ties, if anything it would encourage getting to the last stage... its much better to share the inconvenience than have the INCREDIBLY COMMON situation where one side has the worst spawns, has the worst objectives, is on offense, and add anything else to the list. Theres also pretty much a reason the best players have like 90% or higher winrates on D, and its because its incredibly hard, and when you fail one objective, you at the very least get to defend 2-3 more, and in some missions, with less and less time for the attackers on each stage.

not sure why everyone has to call someone silver when someone disagrees with them. i've been gold longer than most people here have played the game. its basically impossible to lose and not get gold in this game its been made so casual. Edited by Virgil
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me. Isn't a massive design change and pushes the game in the right direction.
 

3 hours ago, MoeEveryWeek said:
Just another silver who can't use a damn gun to win a match.
 
Discussion was constructive until you flew in. Well done.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you provocate 🙂 
what i forgot to add is that if we have a tie situation we could end the mission with a deathmatch style objective or more something like a final stage we already have since they are the most fun to play ( not includind vip missions ....)
and also since the missions will last longer LO will have to adjust the rewards we get at the end of the mission.

i know that it could change the flow of the game going back and forth on the same objs but for balance sake it would be better i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather see dynamic missions that adjust sides/objectives/stages depending on the outcome of previous stages. Though this would require an entire redo over the mission system completely and likely would never happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2018 at 8:43 PM, Virgil said:
so you prefer just.. unbalanced all offense or all defense missions when something like defending is 10x easier to win than offense?

🤔
Actually yes, that's the APB i've learned to love since 2012, and i've also learned to not be crying on the forums for having a losing streak, but hey, that's just me.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caio Sparkz said:
On 8/19/2018 at 7:43 PM, Virgil said:
so you prefer just.. unbalanced all offense or all defense missions when something like defending is 10x easier to win than offense?

🤔
Actually yes, that's the APB i've learned to love since 2012, and i've also learned to not be crying on the forums for having a losing streak, but hey, that's just me.
some people are poor and don't have a good standard of living, theyve learned to live with it and thus should never bother changing their status quo.

we got on just fine with candles, learned to live with them, we had no need for electricity. Edited by Virgil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×