DouglasFalcon

Since we are already talking about buffs..

..what do you guys think of EoL series?
I personally think they're situationally usable (except The Hammer, it's super bad imo) but they definetely need some love from the devs.

Their concept is "short range OPGL" which imo is fine itself, but there are a few mechanics that completely screw up the design of these grenade launchers.
Windup time is definetely too long, it adds 0.65 to your already very long TTK. The Hammer in particular relies on your secondary to finish off you targets, so your TTK becomes incredibily long and requires you to have a strong cover in order to secure a kill.
Reloading time is very long too, at around 1 second for each variant. This makes grenade spamming much less effective when you take into account the windup time, and therefore their ability to push into a closed area full of enemies is drastically reduced.
Fuse delay is imo what makes these weapons so bad. There is a specific range where the grenades don't explode on impact, but have a delayed timer that goes from 1.5 seconds for Kickback to a whopping 2.5 seconds for Deep Impact. Having to wait such long times when an OCA is pushing you makes EoL's niche over OPGL pretty much non-existent, considering OPGL's fuse delay of 5 seconds isn't that much longer (aka you're gonna be dead anyways lol)

Their range is also much shorter than OPGL but again, I think this is an intended mechanic designed to give EoLs a niche over OPGL, so I won't bother too much about this.

Long story short EoL have a flawed design that prevent them to fullfill their already small niche correctly.
I think LO should consider buffing them a tiny bit (explosives weapons are already pretty cancerous lol) so that they have more reasons to be used. Removing/reducing the windup time would definetely help a lot, but working on fuse delay timers is what actually makes the difference between having a pile of trash in your hands and an actual threat for opponents camping the corner.

Please keep discussion civil and avoid useless "explosives are cancer remove them all" comments, while I partially agree they add nothing to the discussion 🙂

I would love if the EoL grenades flew faster to counteract the windup time.

As it is now, the windup + the short range makes all the EoLs a downgrade to the OPGL, even in group combat where u could catch a target who's already busy dealing with one of your teammates, the OPGL still does that far better.

• Like 3

i do think the EoL series needs a buff... make them more useful.
The only one i really really like is the one with the concs. its decent but overall i find them pretty weak tbh

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nite said:

I would love if the EoL grenades flew faster to counteract the windup time.

As it is now, the windup + the short range makes all the EoLs a downgrade to the OPGL, even in group combat where u could catch a target who's already busy dealing with one of your teammates, the OPGL still does that far better.

Yea I agree with you. But Honestly, what do you think about if they just shortened the wind-up time. to like 1 or .5 seconds. I feel like it should stay short range because increasing the range I feel like would make it a bit op and we need something that's close and something that far so keeps it short but shorten the windup time.

The wind-up timers are fine it's what makes them unique from the OPGL, the only EOL that could use such a buff is the Hammer since it usually takes atleast 3-4 nades to kill someone with it unless the nades fall literally right on the target(which happens never) and it has only 2 nades in before reloading so you'll almost always will have to rely on your secondary, while with the Kickback you can fire all 3 and it almost always will guarantee a kill as long as you land the nades near enough, the Deep Impact one has the highest damage out of all three and destroys most lightweight cars in just one nade.

Edited by K3i

Do whatever you want but just don't touch my Deep Impact! But yeah, The Hammer is the worst one as it is a direct downgrade to The Kickback. They should do something about it.

• Like 1

I'd like to know why percs from the hammer don't explode on impact and why the low yields from the kickback explode on impact... (at a certain range)

i think the easiest way to make the EOL series more viable would be to just make them all explode on contact 

having essentially 2 fuse times on a short range cqc-oriented weapon seems contradictory to me

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff

I'm glad that it looks to be majority opinion in this thread that the Deep Impact is the best one. I'm big on Grenade Launchers in games and I've used all three a fair bit now and feel that the Kickback and Hammer, IMO, are just wastes of good weapon models.

Personally though I want them all to be reskins of each other for the sake of removing redundancy. Change the Kickback and Hammer to function the same as the Deep Impact and from there they could give it a damage system similar to the Volcano where the further the explosive travels, the more damage it does. So the EOL would function the same that it does right now in short-med, but past that it could start 1-hitting people like the OPGL does. Because of the single shot nature of the Deep Impact I feel that being able to 1-hit people at longer distances is fair as the OPGL can already do that while also having four times the amount of shots in a shorter amount of time.

Or. Something like that.

3 hours ago, Tizzie said:

I'm glad that it looks to be majority opinion in this thread that the Deep Impact is the best one. I'm big on Grenade Launchers in games and I've used all three a fair bit now and feel that the Kickback and Hammer, IMO, are just wastes of good weapon models.

Its the best of the worst in a sense, having the longest fuse timer lets it travel the furthest, and if you do manage to "reach out and touch someone" with it, that's a good 990 dmg right there. On top of which its rounds have the highest travel speed (how's that for contradiction, I thought the Kickback would have that title).

Looking at the stats, The Hammer and Kickback could use a rework where the Hammer's rounds are on impact explosive, and the Kickback gets higher travel speed but has its damage radius reduced (from the current 650cm to about 470cm or so). The Hammer wouldn't be total trash anymore (but also wouldn't be as bad as panic percs), the Kickback gets more differentiation, Deep Impact stays effective, everyone wins.
  • Like 1

The EOL's should definately allow you to sprint when they are winding up! That's a huge problem with them, you press shift and they stop shooting/winding. If they allow sprint shooting and maybe decrease the timer a little or allow the nades to fly faster they would actually be quite usable.

41 minutes ago, Nite said:
Its the best of the worst in a sense, having the longest fuse timer lets it travel the furthest, and if you do manage to "reach out and touch someone" with it, that's a good 990 dmg right there. On top of which its rounds have the highest travel speed (how's that for contradiction, I thought the Kickback would have that title).

Looking at the stats, The Hammer and Kickback could use a rework where the Hammer's rounds are on impact explosive, and the Kickback gets higher travel speed but has its damage radius reduced (from the current 650cm to about 470cm or so). The Hammer wouldn't be total trash anymore (but also wouldn't be as bad as panic percs), the Kickback gets more differentiation, Deep Impact stays effective, everyone wins. 
The Conc one is sort of like a mobile car destroyer, i think it's meant to hit fast moving cars.

Hammer could use a good rework, though i think it should be impact after ~10m, rather than the ~15m. The Kickback is somewhat of a low yield launcher and is rather effective, if its radius is decreased i'd be fine with increasing its travel speed a little but it's more or less meant to touch roughly 50m so that smaller radius is kinda a hard hit on it due to its distance to travel.

I think that the EOL series and not too top and the EOL THE HAMMER he and the worst of the series he does not explode to the impact and the levels of damage and not too top either for this series and the EOL Deep Impact his will be fine he kills in 1 shot .😪