HK33E

APB Deserves a Complete Weapons and Weapon Mods Revamp

You might want to explain why, for the changes.

you know, thought process and all.. if there is any.

For a game that has had many balancing issues, getting people not yet familiar with the game to make balancing decision is unwise.

Just now, Fumiku said:

Apb deserves a better community tbh ^^

The community is fine... On fire, but fine.

I see many of you forgetting about some of the underpowered weapons a good example being the shotguns. the JG and the CSG lack range, it's not a huge step but they certainly need some boosting in the future.

1 minute ago, Drievus said:

The JG and the CSG lack range, it's not a huge step but they certainly need some boosting in the future.

Hi, welcome to video games. Those are SHOTGUNS. No, they don't need a boosted range. 

Clearly the Joker Tas20 is stronger than any of those shotguns, so why should they not be up to par?

2 minutes ago, Drievus said:

I see many of you forgetting about some of the underpowered weapons a good example being the shotguns. the JG and the CSG lack range, it's not a huge step but they certainly need some boosting in the future.

CSG still the best shotgun in the Game tho... CSG outmatches both JG and NFAS.

Just now, Drievus said:

Clearly the Joker Tas20 is stronger than any of those shotguns, so why should they not be up to par?

What's your reasoning behind your post? I have absolutely zero problems winning gun fights with a stock JG against a Tas20. Just because you might perceive it as being better, doesn't mean it is.

4 minutes ago, Drievus said:

the tas20 is a reskin of the csg, albeit with different preset mods

Just now, TheAceNinja said:

What's your reasoning behind your post? I have absolutely zero problems winning gun fights with a stock JG against a Tas20. Just because you might perceive it as being better, doesn't mean it is.

I've been using shotguns from day one back in 2010. Since the change to shotguns that happened a few years ago which was an understandable change, I have to shoot people up 4 direct hits from 3+ meters, a decently skilled player could easily kill me with an N-tec in the time I shoot 4 times. And we're talking about 3+ meters which is really close. No, it doesn't need an extreme boost it needs a slight one.

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the tas20 is a reskin of the csg, albeit with different preset mods

Ah, I didn't know. But I still feel like the JG is lacking a bit of power and even the CSG does.

1 minute ago, Drievus said:

I've been using shotguns from day one back in 2010. Since the change to shotguns that happened a few years ago which was an understandable change, I have to shoot people up 4 direct hits from 3+ meters, a decently skilled player could easily kill me with an N-tec in the time I shoot 4 times. And we're talking about 3+ meters which is really close. No, it doesn't need an extreme boost it needs a slight one.

If you have to 4 shot people at "3+ Meters" that's most likely your internet connection. I've literally never had to shoot someone more then twice at even further ranges then what you posted.

Just now, TheAceNinja said:

If you have to 4 shot people at "3+ Meters" that's most likely your internet connection. I've literally never had to shoot someone more then twice at even further ranges then what you posted.

It's not my internet connection, being pretty close to the servers and having less than 15 ping plus a 200mb/s + internet connection i'm sure that's not the issue.

Just now, Drievus said:

It's not my internet connection, being pretty close to the servers and having less than 15 ping plus a 200mb/s + internet connection i'm sure that's not the issue.

then maybe it’s your aim

gonna have to agree with the other guy here, shotguns are still pretty viable, and tbh shotgun balancing needs to be done very carefully or it will destroy cbc balance

unbelievable

Edited by BXNNXD
double posts in 2018

Before we talk about balance could we get stable server pls?

I once needed 3 full JG shots for an afk guy while standing right in front of him and landing both first shots.

The only gun that needs a major fix is the Ar-97 'Misery'... It is a carbine that has so much reticle bloom that you can't even accurately hit a person from 10 meters away...

Just now, BXNNXD said:

then maybe it’s your aim

gonna have to agree with the other guy here, shotguns are still pretty viable, and tbh shotgun balancing needs to be done very carefully or it will destroy cbc balance

I don't want to sound like a dicklet by saying this, I used to be Gold 10 back in the days using nothing but the JG. I'm sure i've lost some skill since then but there clearly is a difference between how they used to act and how they act now and my opinion is that the gap is just a little too big.

1 minute ago, Virolex1996 said:

The only gun that needs a major fix is the Ar-97 'Misery'... It is a carbine that has so much reticle bloom that you can't even accurately hit a person from 10 meters away...

AR-97 is a clusterfuck. Looks like an AR, acts as Carbine and possesses an extreme bloom. The weapon damage is low, so Using Heavy Barrel 3 to reduce bloom is insta-kill for the weapon that is already overamatched.

32 minutes ago, Fumiku said:

Apb deserves a better community tbh ^^

Oh le community bashing and balances.

Excellent thread, we really need more of this!!! Keep on doing this awesome work.

4 minutes ago, Drievus said:

I don't want to sound like a dicklet by saying this, I used to be Gold 10 back in the days using nothing but the JG. I'm sure i've lost some skill since then but there clearly is a difference between how they used to act and how they act now and my opinion is that the gap is just a little too big.

well yeah, shotguns used to dominate cqc whereas now they’re balanced

Just now, BXNNXD said:

well yeah, shotguns used to dominate cqc whereas now they’re balanced

Now people (some of) just run around you with an un-balanced OGRE creating havok...

Yes! Buff the weapon mods!

You will totally not ruin new player experiences. It takes new players a while to figure out they can buy modifications on the marketplace, not to mention everything is overpriced because no one plays anymore.