Sign in to follow this  
Kominis

I WIN THE MISSION WITH A DECENT SCORE BUT DROP TO SILVER ?

I started a mission as a GOLD and with a score of 6 kills 3 assists 2 deaths and our team WINNING THE MISSION... I drop to silver????? what is this logic ? how does the threat system even work anymore??

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kominis said:

I started a mission as a GOLD and with a score of 6 kills 3 assists 2 deaths and our team WINNING THE MISSION... I drop to silver????? what is this logic ? how does the threat system even work anymore??

Quick answer.

It doesn't.

I dropped to silver, got lifted up to gold next day without playing single match.

Then later dropped to silver again with good performance, then stuck in gold again.

Oh and I get full teams of silvers solo. No clear reasoning for that as against me they keep putting golds.

Makes sense?

Yeah...

top 50 percent of scoring players threat up

bottom 50 percent of scoring players threat down

in a 2v2. if you place 3rd in total score even if you win. you threat down

Let me describe the system with an example:

I have won 5 matches in a row. 2 with solid stats, 3 with MVP stats. Slipped to silver after the 5th match. The next day I played 1 game and was completely destroyed by my enemy....I went back to gold after that match...

• Like 1

IT's Rigged in a tilted way. It doesn't reflect the skill of the player.

I have the same thing happen, I do good and i fall to bronze, 

I do badly, and i turn silver. 

Do all the objectives, win and get no change.

I think they are hacking the threat symbols.

So I just run naked n try to get xp.

No reason to worry about threat till all characters are remaxed and the 

Fun can start again. 

Hopefully by then they have removed threats all together.

Then they won't be able to hack the threat symbol and have little reason to hack with guns.

I'm not seeing any action by LO, so we're suppose to wait, already been waiting 5 years

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

IT's Rigged in a tilted way. It doesn't reflect the skill of the player.

I have the same thing happen, I do good and i fall to bronze, 

I do badly, and i turn silver. 

Do all the objectives, win and get no change.

I think they are hacking the threat symbols.

So I just run naked n try to get xp.

No reason to worry about threat till all characters are remaxed and the 

Fun can start again. 

Hopefully by then they have removed threats all together.

Then they won't be able to hack the threat symbol and have little reason to hack with guns.

I'm not seeing any action by LO, so we're suppose to wait, already been waiting 5 years

I wouldnt say they are hacking the threat symbols, but i do believe it inadvertantly highlights a lot of macro users and wall hackers. I see some really great Silver "team players" They spawn cars put them into position, they destroy enemy spawn cars, cover your back. Then you have the gold player by the spawn cars doesnt spawn any cars. Runs out of position for absolutly no reason, Handgun Handgun Handgun, magically always knows were the enemy are.

But i also know that there are some players that legitimly would rather be banned then go silver, so will use cheats and exploits to avoid that.

52 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

would rather be banned then go silver

This is somewhat fascinating that kids today Value a pixel symbol

like it is a Deity or False Idol over getting their first car or girl friend.

I mean, threat colors dont pay more or less, you don't get anything for it.

I figure if the games files are unlocked then they can just write in any color they want. 

I seen a dude with no head.

Then i hop on a light post n get an out of bound warning yet the special people can run the 

roof tops.

Posted (edited)

There's a couple layers to the threat calc:

• Score: The more score you have the more your threat changes.
  • Score comparison: Your score vs everyone else's score - this is the top 50% gain threat, bottom 50% lose threat part.
  • Confidence value: The system predicts how much score you will get, the closer your actual score is to the system's prediction the more confident the system gets in its future predictions and the less your threat will change if you suddenly under or overperform the systems prediction. This is why a fresh account can go from trainee to gold after only 3 matches but a gold veteran can dethreat for days (even weeks) without going silver.
  • Confidence value comparison: Same rules as the last layer, except the system predicts how much score you will get in relation to everyone else.

The actual calculation part is probably decent, but there are some major flaws that ruin the whole threat system:

• How score is awarded: The vast majority of scorable actions award positive score. Objectives, kills, medals. Standing near a defense objective awards score. Existing while an attack objective is completed awards score. Winning a mission awards extra bonus score. Not only are the score rewards from actions overinflated (e.g. +100 score for an enemy kill even if only 150 damage was done), but the only way to actually lose score is through demerits. Deaths don't affect score, team damage (not kills) doesn't affect score, being too far from the objective doesn't affect score. Losing an objective doesn't affect score. This snowballs with the second flaw.
  • Negative score doesn't count: Ending a mission with 0 score or below does not affect threat. Nothing gained, nothing lost. This was an attempt to stop people from dethreating either by going afk or racking up demerits, but it also means that the score system can't be adjusted for actions that take away score.
  • Anti-dethreating measures: . The system automatically boosts all threat gains and reduces all threat losses. Back when threat segregation existed and dethreating was rampant this was G1's brilliant solution. I don't know if this "mechanic" still exists, but I don't remember any mention of it being disabled.
  • Global threat percentages: The final flaw in the system is that anyone can be any threat at any time. Ideally only a certain percentage of the active population should be allowed at each threat level. So for example only the top 15% of active players should be gold and in order for you to threat up and become gold, someone else has to threat down and become silver. This mechanic doesn't exist, G1 had to manually rebalance the threat percentages (the last time was in 2015 I think?). Combined with score inflation and anti-dethreating measures it means everyone's threat trends upwards, which has ended up  with half the population being gold, the other half silver, and no one is (legitimately) green.

Edited by vsb
  • Like 1

I got 0 rewards for driving my teammates to the objectives. They shot, I drove. I squeezed that little starter car through those kick open fence gates, grabbed the heavy item. I then drove that dinky car through another fence gate onto the docks. Teammate grabbed the item and dropped it. $0, 0 standing, 150 score. Really????

The matchmaking and threat system is absolute non sense and every one knows it. Some times you can see a silver in enemy team losing, but hes first place with a kda like 1/8 and then he becomes gold because hes first place in his teams 🤨

On 8/30/2024 at 3:23 AM, CookiePuss said:

Its not wins/losses or k/d that determines threat.

Oh well why thank you for replying everything what doesnt determine a threat in a topic which asks WHAT determines a threat! You have always been helpful with saying nothing about everything. 

Merged.

There is still no valid explanation for the threat. Like someone said upper...you can be mvp 10 missions in row, really kicking, going like 20 kills 4 deaths...and then comes 1 missions where i was mvp with 26 kills 10 deaths, all objs done by myself (getting champion medal) and i turned silver. 

In my team there were 2 bronzies and 1 trainee who literally feed enemy, their score was terrible like both bronzies together had around 7 kills and almost 15+ deaths.. and trainee went like 2 kills and 10+ deaths.

And we actually won because all cops were farming and rushing vs bronzies and trainee instead of paying attention to obj. 

And in such match, i turned silver even tho i practically won match myself solo vs 4, 1 high end gold and 3 max rank silvers who played like golds. 

So threat has no sense!
In other scenario i was playing bad, i was literally farmed, i barely got 5-6 kills and feed like 10+ deaths, and we lost the match..and i turned gold.

Something is very very broken in the threat system, and this 50% score of top and 50% score of bottom doesnt hold the water meaning something is fishy here and doesnt add up. 

Threat system is broken like 45 is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victoria97 said:

Oh well why thank you for replying everything what doesnt determine a threat in a topic which asks WHAT determines a threat! You have always been helpful with saying nothing about everything. 

sorry about that
its is about score
top half up bottom half down (this is between all players in a mission NOT just on your team. Even the top player on your team could be in the bottom half of all scores and threat down
its not about winning (though winning gets a score bonus)
losing deducts no points
its not about k/d either... kills award points so thats good, but you arent losing any points for dying so going 20-0 gives you the same points as going 20-50
there are  factors involved in what the exact amount of change in your threat is so its not as simple as +1 threat for being top -1 threat for being bottom half (we dont know the point system at all)
it has been mentioned by a dev that things like your teams overall skill rating vs the other teams makes a difference. so scoring top half vs a team of gold 10 players will award more threat vs scoring top half vs a team of bronzies
theres some other things involved that have been mentioned over the years but there's never been a definitive explaination as to what the exact formula is, so we give the top half up / bottom half down answer because essentially thats the deciding factor
also, you wont be gold, then go 11 missions in a row always getting MVP, and then drop to silver

on the bright side, most players agree the current way threat is calculated isnt great and we'd all like to see some changes

Edited by CookiePuss

You do realize threat means shit when you have dethreaters out there who have skewered the threat system so badly it can no longer accurately determine your skill right?

The "doing the obectives and being sneaky" i was kept on gold for the longest of time no longer works. You must be among the top scorers of the winning team and keep repeating that over and over again.

And it's silly, the lower i dropped on "threat" the worse the matchups got untill I got to bronze. Then I started to get back the same shit that being gold once offered...

Edited by Chinook

Nevermind the threat, it's just a game 🙂 

On 8/29/2024 at 8:54 PM, BillehBobJoe said:

top 50 percent of scoring players threat up

bottom 50 percent of scoring players threat down

in a 2v2. if you place 3rd in total score even if you win. you threat down

Honestly this is the only thing that matters for threat up and down.