Sign in to follow this  
VanilleKeks

SARD is not only intrusive but also runs awful.

If you're gonna screengrab my stuff at least make it not noticeable. I am experiencing massive stutters on regular intervals, which can only have something to do with this software.

Before some goober says it's my PC; I am running a 7800x3d with a 4090.

It's not normal APB stutter by any means and I even got a kernel bluescreen just now.

I'm already signed on getting my data sold so at least have the courtesy to not worsen performance.

• Like 1

also compleltly ineffective, love seeing speedhackers and obvious aimbotters in FC. does little orbit not realise that they won't hold a playerbase if this is allowed to go on? fucking mistake going for frost anyway, matt even knew it was implemented in apb before and still went for it. clearly LO is allergic to listening to their community once in a while

• Like 2

17 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

If you're gonna screengrab my stuff at least make it not noticeable. I am experiencing massive stutters on regular intervals, which can only have something to do with this software.

Before some goober says it's my PC; I am running a 7800x3d with a 4090.

It's not normal APB stutter by any means and I even got a kernel bluescreen just now.

I'm already signed on getting my data sold so at least have the courtesy to not worsen performance.

I have the same components inside my PC, yet I do not have these massive stutters.

Believe it or not, I once had a RAM RGB control software interfering with APB, crashing the game after the 1st death...

I'd suggest a clean install of Windows, if that's not too much of a hassle.

that 'stutter' thing is not about sard screengrab or anything you mention. it is about garbage collector which was part of the game for over two decades. check config files that disables garbage collector.

5 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

also compleltly ineffective, love seeing speedhackers and obvious aimbotters in FC. does little orbit not realise that they won't hold a playerbase if this is allowed to go on? fucking mistake going for frost anyway, matt even knew it was implemented in apb before and still went for it. clearly LO is allergic to listening to their community once in a while

Should've sticked with EAC as that also didn't work but wasn't so invasive compared to what it is now..

• Like 1

Sigh. How wonderful it would be if new functions appeared in the game that would allow you to leave the mission and block the possibility of fights with dirty players... Years will pass, the game will sink into oblivion, but the developers will never realize that the main consumer of their product is the average silver rank player. But they stubbornly continue to listen to a bunch of cybercutlets arguing about how many shots per second their favorite broken rifle should fire... Your game belongs to a bunch of golden cybercutlets, over the years they have created ideal conditions of existence for themselves. And all this happens because the developers continue to listen to them and take their problems seriously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LO has to let SARD run automated.

Little Orbit must be aware that they will never be able to do (manual) live-bans to protect the players experience. (Little Orbit is just a small company)

When players cheat they damage the game and community, the top priority has to be, to prevent the damage from happening, meaning banning cheaters mid-mission.

So their goal is to protect the experience, keep the frustration levels low and the population will stay higher.  

If LO does not automate their anti-cheat soon, the population will rapidly sink back to its former 200 and all their hard work will be wasted.

@MattScott

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xnyuu said:

Little Orbit must be aware that they will never be able to do (manual) live-bans to protect the players experience. (Little Orbit is just a small company)

When players cheat they damage the game and community, the top priority has to be, to prevent the damage from happening, meaning banning cheaters mid-mission.

So their goal is to protect the experience, keep the frustration levels low and the population will stay higher.  

If LO does not automate their anti-cheat soon, the population will rapidly sink back to its former 200 and all their hard work will be wasted.

@MattScott

Surely LO will be ontop of cheating this time around, surely.
 awg7xjZ.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, xnyuu said:

@MattScott

lmao absolutely this, many people quit this game because of the cheating, and if returning players come back and the first thing they see is speedhackers and ragebotters they are just going to be reminded why they left in the first place and just bail.

It's always the ultra low config stretched res players with aim like they have parkinson's disease. It will be hilarious if SARD's machine learning starts flagging everyone who plays on low res.

On 8/30/2024 at 11:52 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

Surely LO will be ontop of cheating this time around, surely.

Surely. =(

Edited by xnyuu

I am just waiting for new forum topics "i was falsely banned" pls help!" 
If those topics start to emerge again, then means SARD is doing a good work. 
However they will be banned only for a year or two, until the next unban wave, when pop will drop again to 200 people. 

2 hours ago, Victoria97 said:

However they will be banned only for a year or two, until the next unban wave, when pop will drop again to 200 people. 

to be fair it was like 6 years, so next unbans 2030? 😛

2 hours ago, Victoria97 said:

So far I don't see any of that coming. Maybe SARD really needs my point of view how many monkeys I meet to actually do something.