Almost as if its not the server that's having an issue but rather the player you're shooting at having packetloss.

10 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Almost as if its not the server that's having an issue but rather the player you're shooting at having packetloss.

A packetloss that harms me instead of him lmao

This is US East. The service provider's Point of Presence (PoP) is located on the east, but occasionally it takes an extra 80ms within their network to reach the server.

LEWO6Hx.png

More details:

LO uses Path Network Inc for DDoS protection. The IP range APB's servers is owned by Path, and is suppose to be anycasted, as in have multiple locations to connect into Path's network services. Problem is it's not or doesn't work. There's only 1 route to each APB server. It's not the end user's ISP since all ISPs route to the same PoP. When that PoP gets overwhelmed, everyone is affected.

Then there's the problem with the netcode that causes players to teleport. It's easy to abuse in your favor. I've contacted support about it months ago but nothing's been done.

14 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Then there's the problem with the netcode that causes players to teleport. It's easy to abuse in your favor.

Now I understand why cheaters are always so hard to hit, comparing with legit good players.

37 minutes ago, FranGT said:

Now I understand why cheaters are always so hard to hit, comparing with legit good players.

He stated it affects everyone. that includes non cheaters. so tell me if everyone is telealagging about how are they cheating? or are we all cheating?

12 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

He stated it affects everyone. that includes non cheaters. so tell me if everyone is telealagging about how are they cheating? or are we all cheating?

That's the issue, you can't with short term data. However, it shouldn't be possible to move faster server sided. Character movement should be limited, but currently it's not.

10 hours ago, BlatMan said:

That's the issue, you can't with short term data. However, it shouldn't be possible to move faster server sided. Character movement should be limited, but currently it's not.

does fragil/kev affect this?

2 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

does fragil/kev affect this?

Yes. Epinephrine turns you into Sonic on crack.

On 10/14/2023 at 5:19 AM, BlatMan said:

This is US East. The service provider's Point of Presence (PoP) is located on the east, but occasionally it takes an extra 80ms within their network to reach the server.

LEWO6Hx.png

More details:

LO uses Path Network Inc for DDoS protection. The IP range APB's servers is owned by Path, and is suppose to be anycasted, as in have multiple locations to connect into Path's network services. Problem is it's not or doesn't work. There's only 1 route to each APB server. It's not the end user's ISP since all ISPs route to the same PoP. When that PoP gets overwhelmed, everyone is affected.

Then there's the problem with the netcode that causes players to teleport. It's easy to abuse in your favor. I've contacted support about it months ago but nothing's been done.

This is such a pain in the patootie since the beginnings of APB. I have 1ms on EU lol. Russian Ivan's be hitting every shot with there 90 MS meanwhile i am shooting at ghosts. When the pop was more EU it was tolerable, but now its straight up unplayable unless i use a VPN get higher ping to not get ttk'ed consistently. It also killed my love for the game since, its just so bs.

You need 10 hits to kill someone with the Cap40 if you've pierced through something. You fired 17 shots. You just straight up missed 6 shots while the other person was in view. You also missed most of your blind fire shots because you didn't aim along the wall (where the person was running). Ultimately, this is a skill issue clip.

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You need 10 hits to kill someone with the Cap40 if you've pierced through something. You fired 17 shots. You just straight up missed 6 shots while the other person was in view. You also missed most of your blind fire shots because you didn't aim along the wall (where the person was running). Ultimately, this is a skill issue clip.

im pretty sure he's complaining about the other player warping back into cover, not reg issues

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The "blind fire shots" (if you mean when I was in cover) look fine to me, I hit most of them.

About the shoots while he was visible:

- I was tunnel visioning the crosshair to see the red marks while I was in cover, so I reacted really slow when he popped up.

- When I tried to track his movement it's when he just teleported like that, leaving me shocked and breaking all my focus.

Is not easy to stay focused while playing when BS like this starts to happen, and less when you play APB after a long day of work, something not many APB players will experience at all.

Edited by FranGT

I think that the speed of the game should be reduced. I know this has been done before, but it's not enough. The poor state of the server, the difference in the ping of players, protection from Ddos attacks, the poor state of the game client do not allow you to react in time. If the APB worked on a local server where 4 to 4 players meet, everything would be cool with a small ping, but this is not the case.
I watch streams and videos of experienced players, most of them have configs for graphics, this improves performance and removes friezes during a skirmish with the enemy. I don't want to play such a wretched semblance of APB, it looks disgusting. In your case, I can say that in Asilum, the performance of the game drops even more compared to the mission areas. My old PC was losing about 40% of FPS in Asilum. I advise you not to devote time and effort to this game. In its current form, the APB is a garbage dump broken by the players and forgotten by the administration.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yapopal said:

APB is a garbage dump broken by the players and forgotten by the administration.

So True, Lmao

2 hours ago, Yapopal said:

I advise you not to devote time and effort to this game. In its current form, the APB is a garbage dump broken by the players and forgotten by the administration.

I just play this game for fun when I have nothing else to do. APB sucks a$$ in general but it still has some little moments that can make it fun, but apart of that is just the game working like shit and an endless amount of cheaters and sweats that will make fun of you for not having a perfect aim 24/7.

Edited by FranGT
The word A S S is censored? WTF

10 hours ago, Yapopal said:

I think that the speed of the game should be reduced. I know this has been done before, but it's not enough. The poor state of the server, the difference in the ping of players, protection from Ddos attacks, the poor state of the game client do not allow you to react in time. If the APB worked on a local server where 4 to 4 players meet, everything would be cool with a small ping, but this is not the case.
I watch streams and videos of experienced players, most of them have configs for graphics, this improves performance and removes friezes during a skirmish with the enemy. I don't want to play such a wretched semblance of APB, it looks disgusting. In your case, I can say that in Asilum, the performance of the game drops even more compared to the mission areas. My old PC was losing about 40% of FPS in Asilum. I advise you not to devote time and effort to this game. In its current form, the APB is a garbage dump broken by the players and forgotten by the administration.

For me in Asylum, it's the HUD that causes the fps drop. Turning off HUD makes it play way smoother, but obviously not playable since you can't tell who's a teammate and who's an enemy.

Also, ironically when east was having the lag for everyone the last few days, I had perfect hitreg despite teleporting around.

Edited by BlatMan