Sign in to follow this  
Yapopal

About cars and their modifiers

This topic was a comment on another topic "Buff or remove the Macchina Cosenza"

The design of the cars looks the same. Cars may look different from the outside, but inside they have the same thing.
The health of all car models should be on the same level.
Frame cars are less susceptible to collision damage.
Only modifications of cars should provide additional strength and the ability to resist an explosive device. At the same time, the speed should decrease and the braking distance should increase.
The deterioration of the speed and braking characteristics should be compensated by the initial engine power
It is worth increasing the maximum speed of all cars, since the reason why the speed was reduced has disappeared.
To compensate, it is worth introducing a delay timer for the defending team. Report the coordinates of targets with a delay of 10 - 20 seconds.
Also, it's high time to add modifiers to the game that improve the characteristics of speed, power, and controllability. But at the same time, they worsen the strength and health of cars.
I would like to highlight the wheel store as a separate item. Non-exclusive models of wheels with variable geometry depending on the car model

It's high time to get busy with cars in the cinema in the general area. It's high time to change them, and do it once a month. By opening an voting on this forum. In order for these cars to be attractive to buyers, it is necessary to apply special car modifiers to them. These modifiers should not be available for free sale.

APB is just not a game I could see cars becoming a main focus. They are tools for getting the player from point A to point B. But every car should have it's place. It's fine for bad cars to be bad, it makes the good cars more appealing. The starter cars given to new players should remain the way they are for the most part handling-wise. But alternate versions (like the coywolf for example) that come with body kits and other mods would be neat additions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

APB is just not a game I could see cars becoming a main focus. They are tools for getting the player from point A to point B. But every car should have it's place. It's fine for bad cars to be bad, it makes the good cars more appealing. The starter cars given to new players should remain the way they are for the most part handling-wise. But alternate versions (like the coywolf for example) that come with body kits and other mods would be neat additions. 

This is an important part of the game. Raw edge. It needs to be developed. APB is not a shooter. She was forced to be a shooter. And very bad.
I, like many of my friends, came to this game on release. I didn't care about guns and gunfights at all. I expected that someday the game will become similar to GTA online. Therefore, no one plays the game, all its features remained undeveloped. And because of bad code, server lags and bad owners, APB has become a shitty shooter.

• Like 1

Wondering if someone is still waiting remind about for machine gun cars missions wandering in APB roads (damn you G1)...

image1-14-660x321.jpg

shawn-hew-shawn-hew-artstation-thumbnail

sddsds

5 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Cars may look different from the outside, but inside they have the same thing.

I doubt you or anybody here will use the inside of cars for any worthy purpose,   "banging your opponents or flashy ones" included,,,

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

I doubt you or anybody here will use the inside of cars for any worthy purpose

throwing the passenger seat from my Moirai at full force 

• Like 1

My complaint is the slotted low tier vehicles have no purpose. You get 1-2 slot high end vehicles before you get 3-4 slot low tier vehicles. There's no point in buying a slotted Calabria when you have access to a slotted Pioneer and have a free mobile spawn mod included with the starter car. I drive some slotted low tier cars for the memes, but they're not practical.

Also, all the free to spawn cars are $50K for a 4 slot. This price point is perfect for new players, but they don't have access to these vehicles till rank 200+

A side note. All of the free to spawn vehicles share the same front end design. You can swap the entire front clip (bumper, fenders, hood, lights) between vehicles and the models will line up. There's even examples within the game files. There's also a convertible Calabria. I WANT IT!

Edited by BlatMan

11 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

But alternate versions (like the coywolf for example) that come with body kits and other mods would be neat additions. 

Actually considered this a while ago, maybe even adding in wide body options for cars that are purely cosmetic but are a completely different vehicle due to technical limitations.

The only issue i can see is that we don't need another 5 Coywolfs.  In some ways the result may over-saturate things, but i suppose that depends on how you look at how the vehicles should perform.  You'd probably have to buff the base vehicles HP so you have proper tradeoffs and don't end up with a bunch of meta mobiles like the coywolf is.

8 hours ago, SkittyM said:

In some ways the result may over-saturate things, but i suppose that depends on how you look at how the vehicles should perform.  You'd probably have to buff the base vehicles HP so you have proper tradeoffs and don't end up with a bunch of meta mobiles like the coywolf is.

I don't really see the coywolf being meta, it has acceleration but no top speed, and I'd rather pick a mikro for acceleration. IDK about EU but NA cars are varied *enough* but i'd like to see the heavy duty cars have their health back, at least enough to be able to tank 1 osmaw shot without being disabled and left stranded.

8 hours ago, SkittyM said:

The only issue i can see is that we don't need another 5 Coywolfs

Well given the fact that the coywolf is an upgrade veo, it's hard to see propper tuning ever becoming a thing unless they get rid of said coywolf (or) change it's handling entirely to have the han veo make sense. So I wouldn't mind seeing some rally cross style upgrades to some of the slower cars, as nobody is playing the slower cars anyways. And they should just remain in the game as "civilian" cars.

17 hours ago, Yapopal said:

This is an important part of the game. Raw edge. It needs to be developed. APB is not a shooter. She was forced to be a shooter. And very bad.
I, like many of my friends, came to this game on release. I didn't care about guns and gunfights at all. I expected that someday the game will become similar to GTA online. Therefore, no one plays the game, all its features remained undeveloped. And because of bad code, server lags and bad owners, APB has become a shitty shooter.

Let me lay something down for you. I don't know about back in the good old days of APB, but these days APB players ARE JERKS. You would never see racing become a thing in this game as players would quickly find out that ramming in APB is very effective and disabling another player's car. Soon the races would start and you will quickly find yourself getting pit-maneuvered before the first corner just so some guy can get his 5JT. 

Cars in APB serve the purpose for transport and combat survivability and their stats play into player choice. Go for the slower car that has high health, or something that can easily be blown up but can get away just as fast. LO can waste their time overhauling the cars to be like Need For Speed or Forza, but that's not going to keep players playing right now.

3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Let me lay something down for you. I don't know about back in the good old days of APB, but these days APB players ARE JERKS. You would never see racing become a thing in this game as players would quickly find out that ramming in APB is very effective and disabling another player's car. Soon the races would start and you will quickly find yourself getting pit-maneuvered before the first corner just so some guy can get his 5JT.

Those 5JT will be mine!

first-funny.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I don't really see the coywolf being meta, it has acceleration but no top speed, and I'd rather pick a mikro for acceleration. IDK about EU but NA cars are varied *enough* but i'd like to see the heavy duty cars have their health back, at least enough to be able to tank 1 osmaw shot without being disabled and left stranded.

Well given the fact that the coywolf is an upgrade veo, it's hard to see propper tuning ever becoming a thing unless they get rid of said coywolf (or) change it's handling entirely to have the han veo make sense. So I wouldn't mind seeing some rally cross style upgrades to some of the slower cars, as nobody is playing the slower cars anyways. And they should just remain in the game as "civilian" cars.

Coywolf outclasses the Mikro for the most part.  The Vaquero/Mikro speed buffs helped in that area at least but, the Coywolf is just a 4 door Mikro with less "character".  Stiffest suspension in the game though the car also feels heavier than it should be (for a "rally" car anyways).  Had actually compared the Coywolf stats to the Vaquero and Mikro and the Coywolf is literally a 4 door Vaqero, statistically.

Most, if not all, of the tuning concerns stem from making cars that don't entirely outclass existing cars.  Can actually upgrade the Calabria and Veo without issue as those would sit as side options to the Mikro/Vaquero but the Ravan and Cosenza would actually just be better cause 4 seats instead of two.

4 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Most, if not all, of the tuning concerns stem from making cars that don't entirely outclass existing cars.  Can actually upgrade the Calabria and Veo without issue as those would sit as side options to the Mikro/Vaquero but the Ravan and Cosenza would actually just be better cause 4 seats instead of two.

im not actually sure how much people are concerned about cars being 2 door + . Sure on paper it sounds like a bad idea to have a car that can sport 4 people while also being quick. But it seems like most player learn quick that having 4 people in a car (and not an armored van) is a quick way to get team wiped.

6 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Coywolf outclasses the Mikro for the most part.

Yea but the Mikro's compact package makes it very maneuverable in tight spaces same with the Vaquero. Granted I haven't played the Coywolf enough to really have an opinion. For the most part if a car looks good and handles well enough ill drive it, and find myself switching all the time.

8 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Most, if not all, of the tuning concerns stem from making cars that don't entirely outclass existing cars.

Yea that's how I see it as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkittyM said:

Ravan and Cosenza would actually just be better cause 4 seats instead of two.

Every 100 missions the 4 seats do come in handy for about 30 seconds, but tbh 4-doors in a world where car surfer exists makes it basically irrelevant.

I'm almost max on my 2nd crim and I can recall maybe 4-5 times where those extra seats made any real impact. Like R3 said tho, it's usually just a fantastic way to eat a Conc Grenade and have your whole team cease to exist + lose all initiative on the objective(s).

The Car Surfer modifier should have a debuff that increases the sight bloom, about the same as when falling from a height.

7 hours ago, Yapopal said:

The Car Surfer modifier should have a debuff that increases the sight bloom, about the same as when falling from a height.

Now this would make sense, too many players (including me) get away with a lot of easy drive-bys

8 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Then nobody will use it.... but Car surfing seems something so edgy, fun but also quite tiring at first sight no right? so..

What about instead stamina debuff of the character of about ..  I dont know 50% or 33%, so from 1000 ----> 500 or 670 stamina ?  ... an indirect buff for LTL or high stamina damage weapons (which both are utter crap generally ) but also grenade and explosive weapons, .. the last one may seems a little overkill because they are already strong, but hey,  every fun or playing over the edge has its price and anyway you become just more vulnerable to be stunned not killed

Edited by PingOVER9000
car surfing need a nerf but it shall be true to his core, FUN and useful!

On 5/25/2023 at 1:22 AM, Yapopal said:

Actually something i mentioned to a dev last month, lol.  Likely making it tie into the in-vehicle accuracy modifier and tweaking it for heavy weapons.  Heavy weapons, more so AV centered ones, are rather strong when car surfing and they arguably shouldn't be.

2 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Actually something i mentioned to a dev last month, lol.  Likely making it tie into the in-vehicle accuracy modifier and tweaking it for heavy weapons.  Heavy weapons, more so AV centered ones, are rather strong when car surfing and they arguably shouldn't be.

In my opinion, I think car surfing is fine. It's not even that good (zero cover) unless it's a mission with a mobile objective or you're chasing/fleeing.

Gravity hurts a lot (no HL) and so does losing Val tablets. I've never said to myself, "Wow, Car Surfer is strong." cause I don't care, it's impact is minimal.

The real issue is when objectives/VIPs aren't locked into an area and they start running 1,200+ meters with the briefcase on Waterfront and an ALIG on top of a Pioneer. If they were actually locked into a contested 400m² zone, then it wouldn't be such a frustrating tactic and people couldn't drag it out or make the opp wait 15 minutes until the VIP mission timer ends... Zzz.

Edited by EvaPooh

On 5/23/2023 at 10:08 PM, R3ACT3M said:

Driving and racing is literally the only reason i even still play this game lol.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CrackSmack said:

Driving and racing is literally the only reason i even still play this game lol.

I like racing games just as much as the next guy, and this is just not the game for it imo

20 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I like racing games just as much as the next guy, and this is just not the game for it imo

Nah this totally is the game for it.Open world driving with the car you created. Racing games generally suck, there is something more satisfactory driving in apb.

On 5/28/2023 at 9:32 AM, CrackSmack said:

Nah this totally is the game for it.Open world driving with the car you created. Racing games generally suck, there is something more satisfactory driving in apb.

Be honest, you just love running down waves of pedestrians.

2 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Be honest, you just love running down waves of pedestrians.

the sound of a pedestrian ragdoll stuck in the hood of a car is scientifically proven to reduce stress levels by 276%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, glaciers said:

the sound of a pedestrian ragdoll stuck in the hood of a car is scientifically proven to reduce stress levels by 276%

you made me spill my tea lmao

21 hours ago, glaciers said:

how about catching them or stop signs or other players in the bed of your truck. i can almost hear the half life 2 clipping sounds