Ritual

03/22 Maintenance Announcement

Hello, everyone,

Our standard weekly maintenance for PC and Console will be held this Wednesday (03/22) starting at 9AM (UTC). Expected duration of this maintenance will be 2 to 4 hours.

As a part of maintenance, we will be removing the St. Patrick's login reward as we prepare for the next big event!

Stay tuned for more information on it in the meantime.

And, as always, thank you for your patience during the maintenance process. We will be back up and running in no time 🙂

P.S: This thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates

1 hour ago, Ritual said:

I use my forum membership privileges to be in the known, what that Big Event is about.

As Part of this agreement you made upon the community, you now have to tell me. 😂
No more Silence.

dont care if we even skip this event but have at least 1 of the "highest priority" from the roadmap but with 2 devs it is what it is

Edited by TheMessiah

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

dont care if we even skip this event but have at least 1 of the "highest priority" from the roadmap but with 2 devs it is what it is

more than likely the event was already made in the past and will just be reused with minimal development effort. 

7 hours ago, Diebetch said:

more than likely the event was already made in the past and will just be reused with minimal development effort. 

Anyone who expects more than that is delusional, really.

16 hours ago, Ritual said:

Hello, everyone,

Our standard weekly maintenance for PC and Console will be held this Wednesday (03/22) starting at 9AM (UTC). Expected duration of this maintenance will be 2 to 4 hours.

As a part of maintenance, we will be removing the St. Patrick's login reward as we prepare for the next big event!

And, as always, thank you for your patience during the maintenance process. We will be back up and running in no time 🙂

P.S: This thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates

Ritual. A question. Now honestly. How long would it take to restore silver, and gold discrits? Many people therefore rage. I'm fed up too, and I'm a patient person. 

1 hour ago, Ririn said:

I'm fed up too, and I'm a patient person.

It doesnt need patients to be fed up with something like this that is dragging the same attitude over for years.
Your feeling are valid. Im not even fed up anymore, im just sad.

I just checked the night time in asylum and its so fucking bad. It's not even that it's night time, but you literally set it to the worst time of the night. The one that has the worst amount of fog and fps impact. 00:00 AM. It would have been better if you set it to 22:00-23:00 which has more fog but the fog is not broken (dark areas are not too dark and bright areas do not have "faded" ig filter AND it has smaller fps impact). Or you could have set it to 23:40 which still has just enough fog to cover up the visible rendering in the distance but still very clean look (similiar to no fog but better). I literally added value for each time of the day so people can set it easier and you just decide to lock it and not only that, but lock it to the worst time of the night. And apparently the reason you did it is because you like the night ambience in asylum, lmao. Yep, don't even ask the community for major changes like this, you like it? Fuck it, it's all that matters. Hopefully this horrible change will be reverted in the next patch.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmiIos said:

Yep, don't even ask the community for major changes like this

Just wanted to point out that the community agrees on exactly nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmiIos said:

I just checked the night time in asylum and its so fucking bad. It's not even that it's night time, but you literally set it to the worst time of the night. The one that has the worst amount of fog and fps impact. 00:00 AM. It would have been better if you set it to 22:00-23:00 which has more fog but the fog is not broken (dark areas are not too dark and bright areas do not have "faded" ig filter AND it has smaller fps impact). Or you could have set it to 23:40 which still has just enough fog to cover up the visible rendering in the distance but still very clean look (similiar to no fog but better). I literally added value for each time of the day so people can set it easier and you just decide to lock it and not only that, but lock it to the worst time of the night. And apparently the reason you did it is because you like the night ambience in asylum, lmao. Yep, don't even ask the community for major changes like this, you like it? Fuck it, it's all that matters. Hopefully this horrible change will be reverted in the next patch.

Turn off height fog:

Open HeightFogPixelShader.usf

Add " * 4096" to the end of line 49:

float DistInFront = length(WorldPosition) - FogStartDistance.x * 4096;

Turn off fog volumes:

Open APBEngine.ini

Change FogVolumes from True to False, on line 1450:

FogVolumes=False

Enjoy your clean looking APB night time.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just wanted to point out that the community agrees on exactly nothing.

And by community you mean the few bots that no life forum/discord and APB:DB and have no idea how to play the game. More than half the community doesn't even use forums, maybe only to check for updates. They need to add something that would engage a lot more of the community for important changes like weapon balance. Sending emails for weekly stat report like back in the day, except it would be emails for topics on forum that would be considered important, or a notification in game like the one for server shutdown...could be a survey where people could pick the change they like the most out of a few so they wouldn't have to read the entire forum post about some change, since I assume that that is what would turn off a lot of people from engaging with it.

35 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

Turn off height fog:

Open HeightFogPixelShader.usf

Add " * 4096" to the end of line 49:

float DistInFront = length(WorldPosition) - FogStartDistance.x * 4096;

Turn off fog volumes:

Open APBEngine.ini

Change FogVolumes from True to False, on line 1450:

FogVolumes=False

Enjoy your clean looking APB night time.

OMGGGGG TY SOOOO MUCH I SO DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT!!!!!! I don't want to do a workaround for something that dev fucked up and has a simple fix for it and I prefer fog look, just not 00:00 fog. Also fog might get locked down along with upk edits once EAC goes out, I think Matt said he plans on making it a feature but the dev said he plans on cooking it into the game (just like he did with asylum time) so people can't change it anymore. Hopefully all those stupid edits along with no fog get locked down.

I can agree Asylum is too dark. Brightness on 4 still some what dark.

Change it back please.

Edited by Deadliest

wtf 14 minutes to wait for a rental, FINE I WONT RENT NOTHING THEN

Tired your antics LO