Snjezana

Mentor program

Recognition for helping is what SPCM was supposed to be

(Can't believe they were stomping bronzes with that power.)

Just be a nice person Learn about apb research solve problems and with what you learn.

Help people and teach Don't expect a Badge for it just help this community.

19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Both griefing and dethreating are punishable offences. 

Instead of hitting up the forums, why dont you folks hit up support?

I have done, im not doing it with Everybody as i want to keep tickets to a minimum for LO. 

2 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

I have done, im not doing it with Everybody as i want to keep tickets to a minimum for LO. 

Good man. 

43 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Good man. 

Although i literally went on just now, first game 3 level 255 dethreaters. 2 on my team :(  Now time for bed.

10 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

Although i literally went on just now, first game 3 level 255 dethreaters. 2 on my team 😞 Now time for bed.

Sleep well. 

There were a few individuals who abused their SPCM status resulting in us losing access to bronze districts. Please don't lump all of us in the same boat, we just had some bad apples.

As for the mentor idea. The Volunteer GM program is currently in the making and should hopefully help out alot. However having new players be taught primarily by GMs isn't an effective long term solution. Neither do I believe we need a major revamp on the tutorial. It could need some minor tweaks but the biggest priority is creating an environment where new players can learn and become willing to learn. With a better threat system and matchmaker, there should be districts where new players can thrive and learn themselves, which grants a much more natural and enjoyable learning curve. The Volunteer GMs/Normal GMs can answer any additional questions players might have.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:44 PM, CookiePuss said:

(...) I like the idea of the tutorial being able to tell new players which GMs are online, and how to contact them. Would be a nice way to kind of make up for what I believe is a seriously weak tutorial. 

^ This. Strongly depending on the future GM/player ratio, though.

I believe there are countermeasures that are really easy to implement to avoid this. One of them is what we already had that were the "Trainee" districts, but since a lot of cheaters and also experienced players used to reroll on new accounts everytime, destroying newbies in the Trainee districts all day in their way through higher threat districts, there's the need of another step to stop rerolls from crushing newbies.

The most simple solution I'd try is locking new accounts (not new characters) to Trainee districts for an entire hour before they can see the full list of districts, this way you not only get the new players playing safely against each other but also those thinking on breaking the rules will think twice before they get stuck for an entire hour on a Trainee district every time they reroll new accounts, now if you are just creating a new character then it does the inverse and only show you the advanced servers.

Also I don't know why it doesn't count the played hours for match-making, I mean, does it? I think it doesn't count your global hours but just character wise or am I wrong with this?