Sign in to follow this  
Julian Bull

FE updates from outside the forums

Since there hasn't been an update here, I thought I'd pull some of the Twitter convos with @MattScott that have happened in the past little while that shed some light on what's up with Fallen Earth redevelopment related to what else LO is up to.

APB seems to continue to get a lot of attention. In November it entered a new beta phase, Someone asked if there were FE updates and the response was:

Unfortunately, nothing yet. We've got a couple immediate projects to ship, and then I can prioritize FE.

Unsung Story entered early access in December. In response to another question about the status of FE:

We've done significant pre-production on @FallenEarth. But I'm very aware of how small our studio is. We need to clear more bandwidth.

Seems like the LO team's time was significantly budgeted on APB and Unsung Story and FE comes next. 

• Thanks 2

I dont know why they are seeming to worry about APB more than FE. APB to me seems like it doesnt have the population it would have if FE was around. I only played the game for a year but man that year was amazing. i just pray to god it comes back sometime this year or next

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 3:51 AM, NightTimeDoubie said:

I dont know why they are seeming to worry about APB more than FE. APB to me seems like it doesnt have the population it would have if FE was around. I only played the game for a year but man that year was amazing. i just pray to god it comes back sometime this year or next

I dunno, APB seems like a way more mainstream game that would have more continuity of player base than FE, making it a smarter business decision to focus on. Not to mention FE's myriad server and engine issues making it way easier to develop APB.

I think, critically, inheriting Unsung Story - which had obligations to Kickstarter backers - is the main barrier to FE being a focus. 

I just came back to play FE, man. It's been years and I came back to find FE gone in December. Hopefully FE comes back one day and some updates later this year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Julian Bull said:

I dunno, APB seems like a way more mainstream game that would have more continuity of player base than FE, making it a smarter business decision to focus on. Not to mention FE's myriad server and engine issues making it way easier to develop APB.

I think, critically, inheriting Unsung Story - which had obligations to Kickstarter backers - is the main barrier to FE being a focus. 

They choose APB first becuase like you said it is easier. matt said at one point they basically took all versions of FE they had reverse made the dev tools and......

they barely or didnt work. like at all the whole game needs a redo and apb needs an upgrade. which cost less comes first