RespectThis

Current State of Weapons in APB and "Nerf Meta".

They can never fix the shit they ve done. Everything needs to be balanced back to RP state, and start from there again. Focus on balancing everything around Ntec, oca/pmg, and HVR guns.

There WERE some weapons that needed the nerf, and I would 100% agree with nerfing that. But LO overdo everything to the point its unplayable.

For example RFP-9 "Fang". RFP in general. All that needed to be done is nerfing all RFPs effective range to RFP "talon" effective range. But no, they nerfed the shit out of this gun,to the point its trash now. Its just one of many unnecessary overdone nerfs.

I cant play my favorite counter-META weapons now. ATAC, FAR, S1-NA 'Manic' is shit now, and I have no reason to play my CSG, and uniqueness of silenced OCA is GONE NOW. My fucking PDW Kris is nothing like it was before, and I want my fucking money back cuz this shit wasnt cheap at all.

God bless they didnt touced the ACES rifle yet, but I swear they will find the way, they will find the reason to nerf the shit out of it, or just nerf some of its crappy mechanic to make it trash, and I can just go and delete my fucking account then.

I am used to be a great fan of LO, but balancing is what broke the game for me, and its no longer enjoyable to play.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

On 11/16/2020 at 3:31 AM, R3ACT3M said:

well a few nerfs were needed, like the yukon for example

We gota give something to get something

On 11/17/2020 at 3:31 PM, Tumbies said:

The current state of weapons in APB is... a Nerf gun war. Individual weapon selection in APB has always been confusing. G1's multi-releases of reskinned and/or badly designed guns made it even worse. There's no focus on a gun's characteristics or design aspects and shooting just feels unreliable and clumsy in general. Balancing the metagame will be practically impossible. 

I wouldn't say balancing the meta game would be impossible as it was in a good spot before. Even with all the reskins (which doesn't impact anything) and the poorly designed guns. They just needed to adjust or even overhaul the poorly designed weapons they had added like the odin series being the first thing that comes to mind every time. They already had the Holy Trinity of 3 different weapon categories. All they had to do was look at those and use them as reference to adjusts weapons accordingly. Its like how the design of the ATAC falls between the Ntec and the Oca. 

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 4:34 PM, RespectThis said:

I wouldn't say balancing the meta game would be impossible as it was in a good spot before. Even with all the reskins (which doesn't impact anything) and the poorly designed guns. They just needed to adjust or even overhaul the poorly designed weapons they had added like the odin series being the first thing that comes to mind every time. They already had the Holy Trinity of 3 different weapon categories. All they had to do was look at those and use them as reference to adjusts weapons accordingly. Its like how the design of the ATAC falls between the Ntec and the Oca. 

the problem with the odin series is the ttk, their function is fine and unique. The ttk is really harsh for a gun with such high stk though.

On 11/17/2020 at 5:36 AM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

They can never fix the shit they ve done. Everything needs to be balanced back to RP state, and start from there again. Focus on balancing everything around Ntec, oca/pmg, and HVR guns.

There WERE some weapons that needed the nerf, and I would 100% agree with nerfing that. But LO overdo everything to the point its unplayable.

For example RFP-9 "Fang". RFP in general. All that needed to be done is nerfing all RFPs effective range to RFP "talon" effective range. But no, they nerfed the shit out of this gun,to the point its trash now. Its just one of many unnecessary overdone nerfs.

I cant play my favorite counter-META weapons now. ATAC, FAR, S1-NA 'Manic' is shit now, and I have no reason to play my CSG, and uniqueness of silenced OCA is GONE NOW. My fucking PDW Kris is nothing like it was before, and I want my fucking money back cuz this shit wasnt cheap at all.

God bless they didnt touced the ACES rifle yet, but I swear they will find the way, they will find the reason to nerf the shit out of it, or just nerf some of its crappy mechanic to make it trash, and I can just go and delete my fucking account then.

I am used to be a great fan of LO, but balancing is what broke the game for me, and its no longer enjoyable to play.

Far is still good, Sina honestly needed "Some" nerf, csg was dumpstered  for years.  Why would they nerf aces? Its still fairly trash lol.

LO has made some unnecessary changes, like buffing oca after nerfing PMG, when OCA would have been fine as is and nerfing the rfp hard rather than just the range. RP state balance was pretty trash, just saying The only difference is that "meta" guns weren't nerfed. Current state shotguns are meh, and oca buff is eh, but i have little qualm about most else.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

the problem with the odin series is the ttk, their function is fine and unique. The ttk is really harsh for a gun with such high stk though.

I mean ttk is still part of the design. Their unique mods are fine. I prefer Armas weapons having unique traits instead of the core weapons. That way you can play around and come up with unique concepts for paid/joker ticket content while not testing/destorying core weapons in the game. The Condor, Swarm series, and Odin series all have little gimmick traits to them and can be enjoyed whenever. Better to make it choice than make it forced.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RespectThis said:

I mean ttk is still part of the design. Their unique mods are fine. I prefer Armas weapons having unique traits instead of the core weapons. That way you can play around and come up with unique concepts for paid/joker ticket content while not testing/destorying core weapons in the game. The Condor, Swarm series, and Odin series all have little gimmick traits to them and can be enjoyed whenever. Better to make it choice than make it forced.

Oh i agree, but they still feel underpowered. I use the increased accuracy one because "sniping" people at 30m or so is fun after a short spray, but a lower TTK would make them feel somewhat more useful. They feel terrible to use against any cqc to cqc-mid weapon. If we want underpowered guns to not just be a meme, they have to not feel so atrocious to use when against other weapons in the same class.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

19 hours ago, RespectThis said:

not a fan of random unique mechanics on guns especially now that everything is technically f2p, apb gunplay is best when everything is as simple as possible

my opinion (legendary weapons excluded, although i think those deserve another pass as well) is that if you have to slap some silly gimmick on a gun as a balance attempt then it wasnt very well balanced to begin with, and you're better off starting over

49 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

not a fan of random unique mechanics on guns especially now that everything is technically f2p, apb gunplay is best when everything is as simple as possible

my opinion (legendary weapons excluded, although i think those deserve another pass as well) is that if you have to slap some silly gimmick on a gun as a balance attempt then it wasnt very well balanced to begin with, and you're better off starting over

The gimmicks aren't there to keep it balanced, aside from one or two that have a sort of "gimmick/feature" to increase bloom/recoil exponentially, weapons only have gimmics for fun or flavor, like the BEE series fires the 2nd shot in a predetermined direction, Odin series change the recoil/reload speed. Tommygun and stuff were mostly bad balance decisions that never got fixed.

The only "gimmicks" people complain about was the initial NTEC rework, the tommygun increased recoil thing, and bullshark...

Edited by Noob_Guardian

4 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The gimmicks aren't there to keep it balanced, aside from one or two that have a sort of "gimmick/feature" to increase bloom/recoil exponentially, weapons only have gimmics for fun or flavor, like the BEE series fires the 2nd shot in a predetermined direction, Odin series change the recoil/reload speed. Tommygun and stuff were mostly bad balance decisions that never got fixed.

to me it seems like g1 came up with the odin series, realized that they fit basically nowhere in the current weapon balance, and slapped some wacky mods on each gun to pretend they have a niche

that or they were intended to be joker box weapons that g1 decided to just throw out into the "regular" weapon pool, either way is bad as far as im concerned

i actually dont have an issue with the swarm mechanic since its so incredibly minor, but things like the aces series placeholder mods, hvr accuracy:damage, dmr reverse ramp, bolt timers on guns with no bolt, and probably something im forgetting atm are all balance attempts that i feel are counterintuitive to how apb's weapon design should be

exponential or curved bloom/recoil isn't something i'd count as a gimmick, altho im generally not a fan of that either tbh

11 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

to me it seems like g1 came up with the odin series, realized that they fit basically nowhere in the current weapon balance, and slapped some wacky mods on each gun to pretend they have a niche

that or they were intended to be joker box weapons that g1 decided to just throw out into the "regular" weapon pool, either way is bad as far as im concerned

i actually dont have an issue with the swarm mechanic since its so incredibly minor, but things like the aces series placeholder mods, hvr accuracy:damage, dmr reverse ramp, bolt timers on guns with no bolt, and probably something im forgetting atm are all balance attempts that i feel are counterintuitive to how apb's weapon design should be

exponential or curved bloom/recoil isn't something i'd count as a gimmick, altho im generally not a fan of that either tbh

The odin series was more like they wanted something unique, during that time they were making the BEE, ODIN series, and Bloody Mary set. They were openly testing different fun concepts for weapons, regardless of how good or balanced they were.

Honestly I have no issue with half of those, HVR accuracy will always bug me, the DMR isnt a reverse ramp, its a ramp up as range happens and not a bad concept imo since it niches it to further ranges while still being useful closer without buffing its ROF to be too much, nor changing accuracy where it didn't need it. Bolt timers with no bolts were added for a reason, they should have made uncancelable animations/fire sequences, but the bolt timers were the best way to do so with the coding so i can't really fault them for that.

Sadly they had to do some work around balancing, to make necessary changes, and while for some of the gimmicks I do agree were unwarrented (HVR), a number of them were useful to add benefit to weapons that would otherwise be too powerful or underpowered. I agree they should try to do better than using gimmicks, but sometimes, things like damage ramp and bolt timers aren't bad for giving an additional niche or preventing reverse qsing.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

7 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

That was more so why I was saying it should only be on guns (armas weapons) they add specifically IF they choose to have them. The unique mods don't generally add really impacting gameplay. I'm not saying to have them as a way to balance things. My point was weapons they add to the game should be the only guns up for consideration for unique gimmicks and not used to balance things. The mods should only add a minor amount uniqueness. Such as the Condor's or the Swarm Series. Low impact yet the guns still function well. Things such as the Ntec's increased bloom after a few shots or the HVR damage ramp up based on accuracy are a big mistake. Thats what a big part of my initial post on this thread was about. Core weapons like the Ntec and HVR should NOT have mechanics like that. Only weapons added into the game. Swarm, Condor, Aces, Odin series, etc.

Edited by RespectThis

that all nerfs that going on are ruin the game ! 

Everything needs to be balanced back to RP state and from there to start again .

listen to the community to people that playing this game for years .

don't do this patch stop with the nerfing ! 

1 minute ago, Donjae said:

that all nerfs that going on are ruin the game ! 

Everything needs to be balanced back to RP state and from there to start again .

listen to the community to people that playing this game for years .

don't do this patch stop with the nerfing ! 

To be fair, nothing really needs nerfed at this point aside from an OCA revert and better tweaking shotguns. Just saying

Edited by Noob_Guardian